Survivor: Island of the Idols

MJAlltheWay24

Glad they sent Ronnie packing. Got a shady vibe about that guy from the jump.

She definitely shouldn’t have challenged Rob, she let her competitive nature get the best of her. Like he said, that deal was too good to be true.

Also agree she shouldn’t have lied about the island. That will bite her.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Boston Rob and Elizabeth reminded me of this scene from Color of Money:

Agree that she should not have gone against Rob and should not have lied about the island. If this tribe continues to lose (and I think they will) she will be exposed after the second person goes to the island.

I finally got around to watching the first episode on DVR last night. I think I have the same thoughts as most everyone...although I can honestly say that I think if I had been in Elizabeth's same position, I can see myself having tried to challenge Boston Rob. Her lying was dumb though. I would have come back and said every bit of what happened.

I told my wife as we were watching that Ronnie had an awful big opinion of his "skills" from playing poker. I loved when Eliane pegged him as a weasel the instant he took her aside to talk. I was glad to see him go, and I personally already really want Aaron, his stupid tribal tattoo, and his incessant tooth picking with a piece of bamboo to be GONE.

I thought "Handsy" Dan is kind of a creeper, and I think that may well be his undoing. I also think Kellee seems on the annoying side...and she says "like" damn-near every 4th word out of her mouth. Noura strikes me as someone who will be gone early-ish as well for being too much for folks to handle.

Tommy's ability to quickly make personal connections was impressive, but has the potential to backfire if somehow or other everyone realizes his angle early on. Jamal and Jack were both challenge beasts. Something about Jack strikes me as an Ozzy or a Joe kind of competitor...just naturally good at everything and likable, and eventually voted off because they're not beatable if they make it to the final vote.

Glad they sent Ronnie packing. Got a shady vibe about that guy from the jump.

She definitely shouldn’t have challenged Rob, she let her competitive nature get the best of her. Like he said, that deal was too good to be true.

Also agree she shouldn’t have lied about the island. That will bite her.

Agree on all points.

Given the similarity in the IOI stories upon return it seems they are given the cover by the producers.

That could be. However, in past seasons whenever there was a special island, there was often urns and a game of chance at a reward. So it makes sense that fans of the game would use that as their lie.

From Twitter, it looks like it might have been Sandra's idea to hide the idol in her hair.

Yeah I feel like he kinda came out of nowhere with that confidence?

He was a beast in the immunity challenge last week, and he was hanging with the "in crowd" along with Molly and Jack. I think we may well have seen a little less of the Jamal/Jack/Molly interactions than may have been actually going on...I'm pretty sure there have been multiple Vokai tribe members calling them the "king, queen and jack", so I wonder if there might be some stuff going on there.

Still, I agree about his confidence being kind of surprising. I know during the discussion following their loss in the immunity challenge, I definitely thought, "Whoa...too soon, man...too soon."

I never understand why if there is a threesome like Jamal, Jack and Molly that they blindside Molly. Go for Jamal or at least Jack...get the strongest players with a blindside, not a third wheel.

Unless the women didn't like her for other reasons, cute/good social game/likable/jealous voting her out really made no sense.

They worry way to much about keeping strong players for comps early on. If you have a shot to get rid of the strongest, you send them packing.

I'm liking this season so far.

I never understand why if there is a threesome like Jamal, Jack and Molly that they blindside Molly. Go for Jamal or at least Jack...get the strongest players with a blindside, not a third wheel.

Unless the women didn't like her for other reasons, cute/good social game/likable/jealous voting her out really made no sense.

They worry way to much about keeping strong players for comps early on. If you have a shot to get rid of the strongest, you send them packing.

I'm liking this season so far.

How do you know she's the third wheel and not the brains behind the operation? In all reality, I think they always go for the woman in that situation because they want the men, especially Jamal, for future challenges before a swap or merge. Trouble with Survivor these days, you never know when it's gonna happen.

"Strongest" in the game of Survivor can mean a whole lot of things. Even when they get down to one tribe, I think getting rid of brute strength because you're worried they will win immunity is dumb. Get rid of the best player, most manipulative or whatever.

But I do think women usually hate other women more, so that probably played a factor.