Huntington High/Henry Clay Scrimmage

HH blew out Henry Clay in both halves. It was the OJ Mayo and Patrick Patterson show from the start till the end. No real compeition for HH. Halftime the score was HH 60 HC 37.

more OJ then Pat. Patterson didnt really impress me, i thought big man #30 played a better game then PPat. His hands were not that great and he fumbled the ball alot. OJ is the real deal though....

more OJ then Pat. Patterson didnt really impress me, i thought big man #30 played a better game then PPat. His hands were not that great and he fumbled the ball alot. OJ is the real deal though....

I thought they both played well PP was getting beat to death inside. The run and gun in this game doesnt favor PP. Huntington is loaded. Chris Early didnt even play in this game and they won by at least 40.

PP didn't get many touches in the game for the simple fact that it was a guard-dominated game...Besides OJ standing out, #11 really impressed me...VERY VERY quick and big hops too...#30 Bruce Senior is good too...Good hands and finished around the basket well

To Henry Clay's credit they did play the game short handed with 3 of the starters and 6 of their top 10 not there due to the football game they had the prvious night. I'm not saying that HH is not a great team but I would like to see that game in Jan. or Feb. when HC has been together I know It wouldn't be a 40 or 50 point game

Patterson does not remotely have the talent of Mayo nor the ability of Walker. He may end up at UK but, like many of UK's recent recruits, he will not be a real force in college.

Henry Clay playing HHS in January or February would merely be a repeat of the scrimmage at best.

Patterson does not remotely have the talent of Mayo nor the ability of Walker. He may end up at UK but, like many of UK's recent recruits, he will not be a real force in college.

Henry Clay playing HHS in January or February would merely be a repeat of the scrimmage at best.

Thank you Dickie V for the UK update. Now we can change our recruiting schedule.

I agree...Didn't appear to me that HH was playing hard-nosed, up-in-someone's-jock defense like I know they can. I still say HH +40 in a rematch

don't be too quick to write Patterson off Scooter Bob, I have watched him play for years, and although I wasnt there, my guess it was a guard dominated game, Henry Clay didnt have any real size and it was probally just a track meet. Patterson was just "going with the flow", but I have seen him against some of the best competition in the country and can tell you he will be a major college player, and I have also talked to a scout from the Phoenix Suns who was watching him play two summers ago, he is a blue collar player

who has a great hook shot, and will flourish in the right system

Kentucky will be lucky to get him, I think there is a good chance he will end up at Florida