Looking for a Good Old Fashioned 4th of July Parade

hoops5

Sad to say that I have a couple kids who have never attended a 4th of July parade. The kind of feel good stuff that makes you happy and brings a tear, all at the same time.

Thoughts? Where? When? And Go!

I think Independence has one, hoopty.

Unless you just want to see some Jeeps, don't waste your time. The parade isn't great. The fireworks are really good though.

Ft. Mitchell has a pretty good parade. It takes place on the 4th at 12:30 and runs from the Orphanage down Dixie Hwy to Beechwood.

Unless you just want to see some Jeeps, don't waste your time. The parade isn't great. The fireworks are really good though.

Ft. Mitchell has a pretty good parade. It takes place on the 4th at 12:30 and runs from the Orphanage down Dixie Hwy to Beechwood.

I've been to the Fort Mitchell parade every year of my life. My parents lived 3 doors off Dixie Highway in Fort Mitchell until February of this year. We've been fixing up the house since then to put it on the market...Thursday, 4th of July is going to officially be the first open house. The parade this year (and it is a good parade) will be the last one I'll get to watch from my "family spot" at the corner of Dixie Highway and Idaho Avenue.

A small town in Indiana (Linton) that we used to live in, had the biggest one in the state every year. It was pretty cool. Everyone living on the parade route would deck out their houses in red, white and blue...it was awesome.

We literally just had this conversation at work! One guy was talking about the Mariemont parade bc his kids are in band/cheerleading, etc. He said the joke up there is to watch your toes/not stand too close to the street during the parade.... because of all the 80-year-old Kiwanas (sp?) guys having a great time driving around in their carts. lol

I've been to the Fort Mitchell parade every year of my life. My parents lived 3 doors off Dixie Highway in Fort Mitchell until February of this year. We've been fixing up the house since then to put it on the market...Thursday, 4th of July is going to officially be the first open house. The parade this year (and it is a good parade) will be the last one I'll get to watch from my "family spot" at the corner of Dixie Highway and Idaho Avenue.

We're typically setup just down the road as my sister lives on the other side. However, we did a couple years probably right next to you as my other sister lived on the corner of Highlands and Dixie.

I'll make sure not to tell my wife another house is going on the market in Ft. Mitchell as she's wanting to move there. Lol.

4th of July was my grandmother's favorite holiday. She was a poor, German immigrant who grew up in the United States. She loved the 4th of July, because it was "everybody's celebration" .

Ironically, she died on July 4th.