Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tre Jones Returning to Duke

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kinda shocked by that. Any chance one of the others, looking at you Cam, comes back?

  • Author
I was kinda shocked by that. Any chance one of the others, looking at you Cam, comes back?

 

 

Doubtful. Jones was projected as a very late first-rounder. The big three are locks as lottery picks.

Good decision IMO, didn’t expect him to.

Good decision IMO.

 

Yep.

Saw a few statements that this decision would probably seal Matt Hurt to Duke. His dad has said that guard play is a big part in his son’s decision and it also doesn’t hurt that they’re both from Minnesota. They’ll be loaded again next year with the addition of Hurt and with Wendell Moore, Carey and a few more elite recruits.

Duke still has some holes to fill next year but getting one of the best PG’s in the country back certainly helps.

Duke still has some holes to fill next year but getting one of the best PG’s in the country back certainly helps.

 

What holes is that?

I was kinda shocked by that. Any chance one of the others, looking at you Cam, comes back?

 

Why would Cam come back? He’s projected top 10.

Doubtful. Jones was projected as a very late first-rounder. The big three are locks as lottery picks.

 

The most recent mock drafts didn’t have him getting drafted in either round. It didn’t take long for him to recognize that and make the right decision.

I believe Jones can can improve his draft stock tremendously. His poor shooting seems mental to me, and with another year to build his confidence, he will be around that lottery line. His defensive prowess is as good as it gets.

Why would Cam come back? He’s projected top 10.

 

1) He could be top 3 next year.

2) I think he'll drop out of the top 10, this year...could just be me, we'll see.

3) I could see K helping him decide to come back.

1) He could be top 3 next year.

2) I think he'll drop out of the top 10, this year...could just be me, we'll see.

3) I could see K helping him decide to come back.

 

Ehhh, I haven’t seen him any lower than 10th. I’ll be surprised if he drops.

 

This year’s draft is weak. He could come back, get hurt or get exposed and his stock would free fall.

 

Coach K isn’t Rick Pitino. No way he advises Cam to come back. Plus they already have Boogie Ellis, Wendell Moore and Vernon Carey coming in and the Matthew Hurt to Duke noise is getting louder. Cam isn’t needed by Coach K for Coach K to wrongly manipulate him to come back.

 

Also, Cam said from day one he was only at Duke for one year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.