Wofford vs Kentucky Predictions (NCAA Tournament Round 2)

16thBBall Fan

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Cats would have been lucky to beat them with Washington. They don't have even a fighting chance without him. Cats can't guard the three, and it will cost them big time.

Wofford 83

Kentucky 68

Cal bolts for UCLA within a week. All the incoming recruits decide to go elsewhere and the Cats go 8-23 next year.

Cats would have been lucky to beat them with Washington. They don't have even a fighting chance without him. Cats can't guard the three, and it will cost them big time.

Wofford 83

Kentucky 68

Cal bolts for UCLA within a week. All the incoming recruits decide to go elsewhere and the Cats go 8-23 next year.

The reverse psychology post seem to work well during the season and usual conference tournament. Not so much usually though in the NCAA tournament. Since they haven't made even the final four since you started doing this a few years ago lol. Hopefully that changes this year though.

This won’t be much of a game. Wofford can’t shoot over UK.

Cats by 17.

I hope you are right, but Wofford has some decent size on the guys who are shooters. Plus it's not like Wofford was just making open threes. They were making a lot of tough contested threes over Setan Hall last night.

This was the first time I seen Wofford play but they remind me a lot of the Witchita State teams from a few years ago. They looked really good and it will be a tough game.

Two of Wofford's guards are 6'4".

It's about more than size. Wofford isn't in the same universe as UK in terms of athleticism. They will be gassed early in the 2nd half, and if it isn't already out of hand at that point, it will be all UK in the final 10:00. This game will never be in doubt.

Wofford played five power 5 conference teams in the regular season. They blew out South Carolina by 20, but the rest of the teams defeated them by double digits. (North Carolina, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, Kansas) On paper it seems that UK should be able to beat them, with our without PJ, but it's March so stranger things have happened.

This won’t be much of a game. Wofford can’t shoot over UK.

Cats by 17.

Wofford 83

Kentucky 68

The sandbag and reverse sandbag in consecutive posts!

I hate looking back at scores from December 10th and saying, "see, team X is this." If we are going to judge Wofford based upon how they looked starting a season, then do the same for UK.

Teams progress and grow throughout. Some for the better, some for the worse. I am not big on predictions, but my general rule is to not devalue teams riding 20+ game winning streaks that have 30+ wins. Getting to 30 wins is a feat, I don't care what team you are or conference you play in.

Edited by bugatti