Wofford vs Kentucky Predictions (NCAA Tournament Round 2)

16thBBall Fan

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I hate looking back at scores from December 10th and saying, "see, team X is this." If we are going to judge Wofford based upon how they looked starting a season, then do the same for UK.

Teams progress and grow throughout. Some for the better, some for the worse. I am not big on predictions, but my general rule is to not devalue teams riding 20+ game winning streaks that have 30+ wins. Getting to 30 wins is a feat, I don't care what team you are or conference you play in.

I was about to say the same thing. Wofford did lose to some P6 schools in beginning of year. UK also lost to Duke by 30 plus. Just like we all most agree UK is much better since that day. Chances are Wofford is too. Plus with the season being on the line, there is more pressure than the P6 schools had earlier this year when they played Wofford. Especially without PJ, it does scare me. I do think UK wins but I see it being a battle.

Most teams who win a title usually have that one very close call that went to the final second they had to survive. I can see this being that game for UK here.

Edited by bugatti

I hate looking back at scores from December 10th and saying, "see, team X is this." If we are going to judge Wofford based upon how they looked starting a season, then do the same for UK.

Teams progress and grow throughout. Some for the better, some for the worse. I am not big on predictions, but my general rule is to not devalue teams riding 20+ game winning streaks that have 30+ wins. Getting to 30 wins is a feat, I don't care what team you are or conference you play in.

Yea, Wofford has won 20+ straight games. Anyone that watched the end of their game with Seton Hall knows that they can finish out a game as well. Seton Hall made it a one point game and then Wofford had an 18-1 run to crush Seton Hall's soul. I would bet Wofford expects to win.

The Magee kid can flat out shoot. All time NCAA leader in 3 pointers made. His release is as quick as Curry or Thompson at Golden State and he's 6'4". Don't believe me? Watch the highlights from their game yesterday. 7 - 12 from three.

UK better be on their toes and dominate inside. Travis has to stay out of foul trouble. I think UK wins, but it won't be anywhere near a blow out. 6 - 8 point win.

I agree on McGee. Watching him against Seton Hall, Steph Curry's name quickly came to mind. If this game is within a few points in the last 5 minutes, UK fans better get worried real quick. Wofford's guards are all very good ball handlers, great shooters and will not miss free throws. All 3 of Wofford's guards are right around 90% at the foul line. Conversely, I worry about UK closing out games.

UK needs to adjust defensively. Do not go under any picks. Hedge defense outside in. Force Wofford inside. Do not leave shooters at the 3 point line to help on defense. Trust your size and athletes to handle their man one on one and everyone box out and rebound. Beware long rebounds. No second chance baskets.