Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari to UCLA?

Featured Replies

but some years I think they are created by Cal's camp to get more lucrative contracts.

 

This.

 

He's been doing that since he was at Memphis.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This.

 

He's been doing that since he was at Memphis.

It is the name of the game. There is a reason Nick Saban is rumored to be taking an NFL job every year.

 

I have always thought Cal would maybe leave again for the NBA. Thing is, you now make as much money as the top NBA coaches at premier college program, which is why you do not see that leap we used to see.

His name will always be thrown around but I don’t believe he would ever leave UK for another college.

 

I agree, mostly because nobody else will pay him what UK does.

Calipari Posted this to his facebook and twitter.

 

Before I go to bed, let me just say this: I’m coaching at the University of Kentucky. In my opinion, there is no better job in the world to coach basketball. My plan and my desire is to retire at Kentucky. I think the university feels the same as I do and we’ve talked openly about it. Now let’s focus on this game tomorrow.

 

I wouldn't call that a complete denial. :idunno:

I wouldn't call that a complete denial. :idunno:
Of course not. It is a negotiating technique and coaches know to never go to absolutes when dispelling coaching rumors.
I agree, mostly because nobody else will pay him what UK does.

 

Louisville was paying Rick more than Cal was making...so schools will pay more. I could see UCLA swing for the fences and offer him more money.

 

Tax wise $10m in Cali is probably less than what he's making here now.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he would go there and hope they give him 20 million per year!!

Just heard the offer is $10,000,000 signing bonus a $5,000,000 per year...yeah he's not leaving for that.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he would go there and hope they give him 20 million per year!!

 

Yeah true final fours, national championships, and competing for titles is just no fun with Calipari.

This would surprise me because UCLA has never been one of the high paying jobs. But...stranger things can happen.

 

Here is my breakdown of Cal's statement:

 

I’m coaching at the University of Kentucky. True statement

 

In my opinion, there is no better job in the world to coach basketball. True statement

 

My plan and my desire is to retire at Kentucky. Plans and desires change

 

I think the university feels the same as I do and we’ve talked openly about it. I tend to believe this

 

Now let’s focus on this game tomorrow. He (again) has a team that is talented enough to win it all, this is a good idea

 

 

Coach Cal (true to form) has not answered the direct question, but rather diverted it. With his skillset and strengths, I do think he is the perfect person for the UK job. I do NOT think his model is one to win championships. As a general rule, experienced teams win championships and UK will never be an experienced team under Cal. If he goes to UCLA or anywhere else....fine. The next great coach at UK is......???

This would surprise me because UCLA has never been one of the high paying jobs. But...stranger things can happen.

 

Here is my breakdown of Cal's statement:

 

I’m coaching at the University of Kentucky. True statement

 

In my opinion, there is no better job in the world to coach basketball. True statement

 

My plan and my desire is to retire at Kentucky. Plans and desires change

 

I think the university feels the same as I do and we’ve talked openly about it. I tend to believe this

 

Now let’s focus on this game tomorrow. He (again) has a team that is talented enough to win it all, this is a good idea

 

 

Coach Cal (true to form) has not answered the direct question, but rather diverted it. With his skillset and strengths, I do think he is the perfect person for the UK job. I do NOT think his model is one to win championships. As a general rule, experienced teams win championships and UK will never be an experienced team under Cal. If he goes to UCLA or anywhere else....fine. The next great coach at UK is......???

Brad Stevens

Billy Donavan.

 

He already took the job last time, according to some here.

He already took the job last time, according to some here.

 

Deal fell through when he realized the horse farm didn't come with it.

Come on people...coaches aren’t going to leave the NBA, especially the best job in the NBA, to come coach at Kentucky. The ridiculousness of that is so unbelievable, yet every year we see people throw out the same names...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.