NHL Trade Deadline

swamprat

The trade deadline is 3 PM eastern time this afternoon.

Besides the Duchene and Dzingel trades made by Columbus, this past weekend, they also pickup goaltender Keith Kinkaid from the New Jersey Devils for a 2022 fifth round pick, this morning. Is Kinkaid another rent-a-player? He is also a FA on July 1.

The Preds sent Nicholas Baptiste to Toronto for "future considerations". Other trades involving Nashville include the acquisition of Brian Boyle from the Devils for a 2019 second round pick and Cody McLeod from the Ranges for a 2020 seventh round pick.

All indications I've seen thus far, is that the Bolts are standing pat. They traded Slater Koekkoek and a 2020 fifth round pick to Chicago for Jan Rutta and a 2020 seventh round pick back early in January. Rutta is with the Lightning AHL affiliate Syracuse Crunch.

The Dallas stars traded for Mats Zuccarello from the New York Rangers and Ben Lovejoy from the New Jersey Devils, Saturday. However, Zuccarello was injured in his first game with Dallas, yesterday, against Chicago.

The full list of trades are being tracked here.

I really hope the Jackets trade Panarin before the deadline. I know they're thinking is geared towards the here and now but they've also given up a lot of future draft capital. GM Kekalainen can't just let the Bread Man and Bobrovsky leave with nothing to show for it but I fear that's exactly what he's going to do.

It seems like just about everyone that was supposed to be moved was moved. Still figuring out how I feel about Panarin not being moved. Selfishly, I'm happy but I'm skeptical if this will really put the Jackets in position for a legitimate Cup run.

I think goal 1 is to win their first playoff series and it appears Kekalainen is pulling out all stops to do that.

I think goal 1 is to win their first playoff series and it appears Kekalainen is pulling out all stops to do that.

I hear ya. Let's assume CBJ makes the playoffs and wins a first round series for the first time but then loses in the 2nd round. Is that really a success and was that worth giving up a lot of future draft picks? It almost sounds like the Bengals. I know anything can (and will) happen during the Stanley Cup Playoffs but I'm still undecided on this.