Male #3 in the Nation

WILDMAN

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to represent the state! Good luck Dawgs and win out!http://www.maxpreps.com/

My son plays for that number 2 ranked team! I would love to see them get together and play a game against Male. None of my nephews or cousins had any luck against Male but I would love to see my son have a chance to beat them! Hoptown had them on the ropes a few times in the past few years but they were too strong in the end. Congratulations to Male for being ranked so high and I look forward to seeing them hoist a big trophy in a couple of weeks!

It amazes me that so many people are on here trying to tear down Male instead of congratulating them. Must be some jealous people is all I can figure.

Congratulations to Male, the coaches and the players.

Personally I think the problem is the validation of the poll. I posted earlier that USA Today doesn't have them in the top 10 in the region, much less the nation. The reason I question the poll is because Rockcastle is ranked 18th in the state and Lincoln Co isn't in the top 25. Lincoln beat Rock earlier. Also, Danville is ranked 19, just behind Rock. I don't know what system they used to come up with this, but it seems a little suspect to me.

Congrats on being overrated! I don't think they are #3 no way think about it........the whole nation and some of the teams out there.

You gotta look how the poll is put together. It is a computer program that has all the games and calculates the scores from this year. It doesn't take into consideration how Big Tradition HIgh School beat Out of state power HIgh in 1998- it just looks at the games this year. For example, Male's regular season 9 opponents had 50 wins, Colerain's 10 opponents had 47. Both teams went undefeated. In the first round of the playoffs, which get multiplied by 2.1 in this poll, Male beats 7 win PRP, Colerain beats 5 win Moeller 34-31 in 3 OT. (Some)Humans would say the win over Moeller was bigger. The computer probably gives more credit to the PRP win.

Whatever poll, human or computer, congrats to Male for putting Ky football in the rankings this year.

It amazes me that so many people are on here trying to tear down Male instead of congratulating them. Must be some jealous people is all I can figure.

Congratulations to Male, the coaches and the players.

:thumb:

Male has been destroting everyone all year and they are loaded with speed and talent....any mention in any poll ..especially this high.....is good for all of KY football...

#3 in the nation, #2 in the state. J/K. What an outstanding program and what an honor to be ranked this high. Who knows if they deserved it or not. At this level of competition (Male, T, St. X) any one of these teams could win on any given night. Kudos to all the big boys in the 'Ville. We have no idea out in the state what it takes to run a high school program of this magnitude and sustain it at this level year after year. Whatever the coaching staffs are paid, I'm sure it isn't enough.