Male #3 in the Nation

WILDMAN

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to look at USA Today. They're national Top 25 are here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/poll/2006-super25.htm

Their regional rankings are here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/poll/2006-regional-ranking.htm

Male isn't in either list. Cincy's St. X and Colerain are #2 and #4 in the region and both are in the top 15 in the nation. I have no idea just how good Male is. They very well may be #3. I'm leaning toward, "not." In 2002 Trinity was ranked #4 in the nation according to USA Today. That's the highest I have ever seen a KY team. I love KY football and I think it's very exciting. However, I personally feel that several teams in west Texas alone would be anybody in KY. If that's the case, then it doesn't make sense for them to be #3. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

In '02 Trinity was no.4 and Male should've at least been in the top 10.

Just real curious but after looking at St. X and Colerain schedules, who has Male really played that this poll says there so good. Really don't want to knock Male and Kentucky Football at all, but if Male played the teams that Colerain and St. X play, it would be a huge step up for Male and I would be willing to bet the house, that they wouldn't have the win loss record that they have at the present time......

Hate to say it but.....Football in Ohio is just much, better than football in Kentucky, from top to bottom...

Better maybe, but much better, NO. What are you basing this on? Okay, Cincy schools beat HHS and CovCath almost every year, but they don't blow them out. And as of here lately, neither have brought home much hardwear from the pizza box. X, Colrain, Elder, Moeller are good yearly, but so is X, Trinity, Male, Highlands, LexCath. And before chuck left Boyle, they were pretty tough too. I think it depends more on the matchups than anything and so far, Ohio has been getting their idea matchups. This statement didn't come out in '02 when the big 3 would have each beaten the Ohio state champs (Elder). And I don't think that either Trinity or Male couldn't hold their own against the top two teams in Ohio.

Better maybe, but much better, NO. What are you basing this on? Okay, Cincy schools beat HHS and CovCath almost every year, but they don't blow them out. And as of here lately, neither have brought home much hardwear from the pizza box. X, Colrain, Elder, Moeller are good yearly, but so is X, Trinity, Male, Highlands, LexCath. And before chuck left Boyle, they were pretty tough too. I think it depends more on the matchups than anything and so far, Ohio has been getting their idea matchups. This statement didn't come out in '02 when the big 3 would have each beaten the Ohio state champs (Elder). And I don't think that either Trinity or Male couldn't hold their own against the top two teams in Ohio.

I do not think that the 2002 St.X team could have stood toe to toe with Elder. They would have lost by a few scores.

It's a great honor. But the funny thing about all these polls is that each has a team or two they put in different than the other.

It's the same way with player rankings. When Bush and Brohm were both in high school one service didn't have either in the top 100. All the rest had both of those guys way up in the rankings.

I've always said they just like to be different from the others.

But congrats to Male and better if they can back it up! Besides, both teams ahead of the 'Dawgs have tough games coming in the next week or two.

While Lou X, T, and Male just might keep up with some Ohio teams (but like this year, Male wouldn't beat Cin X or Colerain and I didn't even mention the rest of the State), how many of rest of the Commonwealth teams could play with Glen Estes or Sycamore? As I stated from Top to Bottom Ohio Football is much better than Kentucky's football.

Listen I love Kentucky football, but after watching a lot of the great matchup being played at PBS and Nippert during the year(s), I am sorry to say Ohio is just much, better.....

While Lou X, T, and Male just might keep up with some Ohio teams (but like this year, Male wouldn't beat Cin X or Colerain and I didn't even mention the rest of the State), how many of rest of the Commonwealth teams could play with Glen Estes or Sycamore? As I stated from Top to Bottom Ohio Football is much better than Kentucky's football.

Listen I love Kentucky football, but after watching a lot of the great matchup being played at PBS and Nippert during the year(s), I am sorry to say Ohio is just much, better.....

Ohio has more big schools....When you have a state population 10 times our state, it only makes sense....Ky has L'Ville as a metro area while Ohio has Cinci,Cleve,Dayton,etc...I dont know the exact #, but, I would bet there are at least 20 schools with more or equal enrollment of Trinity and St X in Ohio... I think the Ky schools can compete just fine with similar Class schools

The rest of Ohio D-I is down this year, after Colerain and St. X, and I don't think it's insulting to anyone to say that Male is not of the same ilk as those two.

In as much T / Male is a battle in KY this weekend of the two best big schools, Ohio has a similar match-up tonight at Nippert.

Regardless of the particulars, congrats to "H" on some great recognition. If nothing else, it's nice to have KY schools bringing in some National Recognition.

Congrats to the Male team!!!

As for the detractors of this honor, this poll is like any other...subject to bias and individual evaluation. Given that, be happy for the team(s) that are recognized. If you have a complaint with the poll, start your own and rank the teams as YOU see fit.