Male #3 in the Nation

WILDMAN

Male can play with anybody any day anywhere and definitely deserves their national ranking. Every year we have these people come on here and tells us how great Ohio football is.

Here is a FACT:

If Colerain High school which is in the Ohio D-1 Semifinals wins the Ohio state championship this year it will be the 5th straight year that a Cincinnati team has won the D-1 title in Ohio. That is called domination of the state not parity.

So just because some believe that Cincy St X and Colerain would beat Male does not in anyway mean that the rest of Ohio could. Louisville Trinity and St. X have consistently proved that they can play with and in some years beat the best Cincy teams, so obviously the same can be said for Male.

Congrats to Male on their great season and the highest national ranking in a national poll, ever in Kentucky High School Footbll history. You were absolute warriors last night.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Male for this ranking! But for all the Waa! Waa! out there, polls don't win championship rings. They are just for conversation. It would be impossible to create a High School National Ranking System. It's just not apples to apples! I could spend a week on this thread explaing the quality of football teams in Florida, Georgia, Texas, Ohio, Penn and Calif. You know what I mean!! Male had a great high school football team this year, Congrats!

GO ROCKS! Win no.17...

In no way am I disrespecting AAA teams, Lexington teams, other state teams or St. X or Manual, but from what little I know (and I don't claim to be an expert), it looks like Trinity and Male are the 2 best overall teams in the state - by far. They went toe-to-toe in a battle that could have gone either way. If they play that game 10 times they would each win 5. Plus both teams blew out their opponents in each of the first two rounds of the playoffs. It's a real travesty that they could not meet in the finals.