Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 28 Ashland 21

Featured Replies

Johnson Central was going through the motions for 3 quarters and 6 minutes. The last 6 minutes of the game Johnson Central finally started playing their style of football.

 

IF the come out next friday against Rockcastle County like they did against Ashland... all of JC's posters will be saying what a good season they had. But I dont think that will be the case.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea we were so quiet! You could here a pin drop when Tommy Taylor was on his back in the endzone with 11 seconds left!!!:ylsuper: :dancingpa

 

 

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then!:lol:

You guys were so cocky never thought any one could play with you HA, Ashland came an kicked there butts up an down that so called nest an just fell short! I can accept that its over the price of admission 5$ the price of one of those burgers from the Grill 3$, The price of the looks on all of JC fans when they realized the beast they had awakend!!

PRICELESS:flame: JC Go ROCKETS:laugh: :laugh: See ya next year Central!!! BADCAT74... OUT!

 

Kicked their Butts what game were you watching? Here are some Stats from the Ashland Daily

First Downs

Ashland 11

JC 13

 

Rushes Yards

Ashland 44 carries for 99 yards

JC 40 carries for 139 yards

 

Passes

Ashland 9 comp. 20 att.

JC 4 comp. 14 att.

 

Passing Yards

Ashland 161

JC 141

 

Fumbles

Ashland 8 lost 2

JC 2 lost 2

 

Total Yards

Ashland 279

JC 280

 

JC fumbled twice in their own end of the field and Ashland scored 2 TD's on short drives from these fumbles.

 

From these stats I would say it was a hard fought game by both teams. You may have seen this as a good old butt kicking, but I guess you watched the game through those rose colored glasses. I'm sorry I meant maroon colored glasses.

You guys were so cocky never thought any one could play with you HA, Ashland came an kicked there butts up an down that so called nest an just fell short! I can accept that its over the price of admission 5$ the price of one of those burgers from the Grill 3$, The price of the looks on all of JC fans when they realized the beast they had awakend!!

PRICELESS:flame: JC Go ROCKETS:laugh: :laugh: See ya next year Central!!! BADCAT74... OUT!

What the look on our face after we had just beat you for a second time. Ill take our screaming face because we just beat you over your crying anyday. They didnt beat JC up and down they feild They played with JC big Difference and the best team in the district WON.

So you can laugh till next year all you want JC plays friday and Ashland will be setting at home.

I am out JC has a game next week that they have to worry about.:lol: :lol: :ylsuper:

Quote from Coach Hart in today's DI. "We outplayed them. Our kids played their butts off and it's a shame we had to lose this game. They had a prayer that got answered. That's the only way I know how to say it." :ylsuper:

 

I tend to believe that last drive of JC's was just great coaching. JC ran Blake Johnson the first 3 plays of the drive, then ran Shawn Grimm the next 3 times. But if you noticed the set up of Johnson's runs and Grimm's were exactly the same. After Grimm had broke 3 big runs, he decided to pull out the half back pass due to Ashland keying him so hard. It was a great drive by the JC players, which consisted of desire and a ton of heart, and great play calling by Coach Matney. So I have to disagree that it was just a prayer.

I don't understand the compaints about Dickie Martin. Isn't it the same argument regarding your PA guy? It's not for your enjoyment. It's the TOMCAT FOOTBALL RADIO SHOW. If you don't like what he says, don't listen to him. Why is it ok for you all to talk about him but an outrage for someone to say something about your guy??????

I tend to believe that last drive of JC's was just great coaching. JC ran Blake Johnson the first 3 plays of the drive, then ran Shawn Grimm the next 3 times. But if you noticed the set up of Johnson's runs and Grimm's were exactly the same. After Grimm had broke 3 big runs, he decided to pull out the half back pass due to Ashland keying him so hard. It was a great drive by the JC players, which consisted of desire and a ton of heart, and great play calling by Coach Matney. So I have to disagree that it was just a prayer.

JC 76, you will need to read the whole article to understand the context of Coach Hart's comments. I believe he meant that JC's prayers got answered on that play and the Cats prayers for the win did not. He meant nothing negative at all. He said that JC rose to the occasion like all good teams do. (or something to that effect) He was very gracious on the radio as he always is, win or loose. I know you will agree.

JC 76, you will need to read the whole article to understand the context of Coach Hart's comments. I believe he meant that JC's prayers got answered on that play and the Cats prayers for the win did not. He meant nothing negative at all. He said that JC rose to the occasion like all good teams do. (or something to that effect) He was very gracious on the radio as he always is, win or loose. I know you will agree.

 

I do agree. Coach Hart is one of the classest coaches that I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. He never makes excuses and gives credit where credit is due. I didnt get to listen to the post game show on 97.1. The thing about Hart is that he takes none of the credit for the wins but all the credit for the loses. I believe that he did a wonderful job of preparing his team and until late in the game totally shut down the JC rushing attack. As i said earlier in this thread. I honestly believe that Ashland deserved to win this game more than JC but in a close game like this(and I hope no one takes this out of context) the better team will almost always win. Im not trying to say that JC was the better team on this night, but player for player, I believe JC has more talent. Catdaddy, I was dissapointed that you couldnt make it to the game, as well as LRCW. I would have love to have met you guys and Graybeard as well. Maybe next year huh.:thumb:

I can't believe that after watching what I feel is the best high school football game that I've ever watched that you have two people crying about the PA system. That's the most stupid thing that I have ever heard in my life. These boys from Ashland and JC played there butts off and you two want to talk about the PA system. Come on people this is FOOTBALL if you don't like the atmosphere at Johnson Central then don't come. I'm sure you won't be missed. Your kids suffered a heart breaking loss and all the two of you want to talk about is the PA system? Great game by two good football teams. Both communities should be proud of these young men.

I can't believe that after watching what I feel is the best high school football game that I've ever watched that you have two people crying about the PA system. That's the most stupid thing that I have ever heard in my life. These boys from Ashland and JC played there butts off and you two want to talk about the PA system. Come on people this is FOOTBALL if you don't like the atmosphere at Johnson Central then don't come. I'm sure you won't be missed. Your kids suffered a heart breaking loss and all the two of you want to talk about is the PA system? Great game by two good football teams. Both communities should be proud of these young men.

 

Preach on brother...I'll pass the collection plates!:thumb:

I can't believe that after watching what I feel is the best high school football game that I've ever watched that you have two people crying about the PA system. That's the most stupid thing that I have ever heard in my life. These boys from Ashland and JC played there butts off and you two want to talk about the PA system. Come on people this is FOOTBALL if you don't like the atmosphere at Johnson Central then don't come. I'm sure you won't be missed. Your kids suffered a heart breaking loss and all the two of you want to talk about is the PA system? Great game by two good football teams. Both communities should be proud of these young men.

 

LOL, the PA system.

LOL, the PA system.

Why is the term PA system so funny?

Why is the term PA system so funny?

 

I was taking your side big guy. Don't be so quick to jump every post.

I was taking your side big guy. Don't be so quick to jump every post.

I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on your last post. I was just wondering what you were talking about. Sorry to come across that way.

Good job JC on the hard fought victory. The better team truley did win. Its sad that a couple kids from Ashland cant handle the loss, that should make it all the sweeter for those of you from JC though. From the posts of Momcat and Badcat, you guys should give the MVP award the the PA man since he made such a big difference in both the losses you handed to the tomcats :)

These two should get over the fact that the tomcats were beat by a better team, suck it up and give the compliments due to the JC team. Everyone else on this site has. You lost, its basketball season now in A town, get over it. Its childish the way these people act. I am in no way affiliated with JC, I just hope they represent our district well, I would have also hoped that Ashland would have represented our area well had they won. It really is pathetic the way these two are acting over a loss. I hope everyone from JC has their sunday best ready, because if God really Is A Tomcat, he's not gonna be too pleased with happened on Friday night. Great game Ashland, great game JC. Go beat Rock Castle for all of us.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.