Johnson Central 28 Ashland 21

LRCW

Congratulations to Johnson Central's defense on the first touchdown of the night. Defense played awesome tonight. These young men didn't give up during the entire game. Great way the entire team pulled together in the 4th quarter. Fans you are incredible support for this team. Best of luck next week, but I don't think luck has anything to do with the way they play the game of football. :banana:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it'll be Rockcastle County making the trip to JC next week. Anyone know anything about Rockcastle this year?

I'm sure Matney will have the Eagles prepared, but it'd be nice to know what's around the corner.

Frances

Rockcastle pretty much has all of thier team back from last year I think they only lost a couple of starters but I'm not sure I am sure that JC will have to have thier A-game going because the rock will come with thiers they all ways do . Good luck to JC hope you make it to the pizza box in Louisville.:thumb:

Congrats to JC ,now thats what i call a football game!

I am very proud of the way the Tomcats got after it tonight,one day you will look back and know you gave it all in this football game.Be proud you fought like Tomcats .-----Jericho

Good luck to JC playing Rockcastle.

Looks like it'll be Rockcastle County making the trip to JC next week. Anyone know anything about Rockcastle this year?

I'm sure Matney will have the Eagles prepared, but it'd be nice to know what's around the corner.

Frances

Frances Rockcastle has thier whole o-line back from last year with seven returning starters on offense and seven on defense the new QB is replacing a three year starter from last year.(cat pause)

The Tomcats played them last year in the playoffs ,they were a very good football team.

First of all I want to congragulate Coach and Mrs. Matney on their son T.D. Matney.:thumb:

Now as for the game. I honestly felt like Ashland wanted this game more and even thought they may have deserved to win it. JC played very poorly through 3 quarters and finally stepped it up in the 4th as champions do. Ashlands coaching staff did a terrific job of preparing these kids for this game. They had a game plan to stop the run and were successful at it. But this should have silenced all the nay sayers about whether JC can be successful outside of the run.

To the Ashland senior, you all played your hearts out and thats all anyone can ask. I hate to see someone have to lose in a game like this but the future is bright for each and every one of you. To the JC seniors, you seen how close your season can be taken away from you and the pain and agony in the Tomcat players eyes after defeat, remember that next week against Rock.

No matter what anybody says... Johnson Central wanted this game more. It wasnt a pretty game, but they won. JC will be ready for Rockcastle County.

I don't think you can say this because you don't know these Ashland kids. In a few weeks they've gone from a team who didn't think they could beat JC to a team that nearly did, and probably would have if not for a few costly mistakes. They came to believe in themselves and their fans believe in them too!!!

First I want to say how proud I am of the Tomcats...I think they showed they came to play ball. IMO they were not beat by a better team but by their own mistakes and penalties, some questionable at best. How can you call a touchdown back when the ref has already signalled it was good? They proved that Grimm is indeed stoppable. And next for the wonderful PA system and announcer. The enjoyment of attending a high school football game is taken away at JC. The music, the snippets from songs are very annoying, even when you're winning. We come to these games to watch our kids play ball, talk with friends, etc. and you can not do this at JC. It is extremely annoying and obnoxious. It also is rude, everytime Ashland's band started to play, they were drown out by the PA system. There were also times when Ashland was snapping the ball and the music continued. Not a fun place to play ball!

Please, let's not start about the PA again. Actually, several Ashland fans like our music, not one of the songs are in reference to Ashland personally. I think that the sportsmanship and hard fought game should not be overlooked by "the PA"...that one is wore out. Now as far as the subject of this post, Ashland played very hard and full of heart. May your senior year be full of special memories, you definately gave us a game to remember, EXCITING. As for the Golden Eagles...you never let us down!!! I am so proud to be a part of all of this. You have made everyone so proud, your parents, your school and your community. Now, let's "ROCK" on!!! :ylsuper:

Please, let's not start about the PA again. Actually, several Ashland fans like our music, not one of the songs are in reference to Ashland personally. I think that the sportsmanship and hard fought game should not be overlooked by "the PA"...that one is wore out. Now as far as the subject of this post, Ashland played very hard and full of heart. May your senior year be full of special memories, you definately gave us a game to remember, EXCITING. As for the Golden Eagles...you never let us down!!! I am so proud to be a part of all of this. You have made everyone so proud, your parents, your school and your community. Now, let's "ROCK" on!!! :ylsuper:

I'm not trying to start a feud about the PA system again, but tonight I had to sit by the speaker and realized how annoying it is. I would say the same thing if Ashland's PA did this. High school bands are part of the high school sports scene and I think most of the crowd attending high school games would rather hear them than some one's selection of music, etc. None of the songs were taken personally, but everyone around us found them annoying and were trying to figure out some way to muffle it. We don't need continuous entertainment from the PA, we come to watch a football game.

I'm not trying to start a feud about the PA system again, but tonight I had to sit by the speaker and realized how annoying it is. I would say the same thing if Ashland's PA did this. High school bands are part of the high school sports scene and I think most of the crowd attending high school games would rather hear them than some one's selection of music, etc. None of the songs were taken personally, but everyone around us found them annoying and were trying to figure out some way to muffle it. We don't need continuous entertainment from the PA, we come to watch a football game.

It enhances the game experience. Maybe if JC had a band with more than 15 people in it that can hardly be heard over the crowd, they would just leave it to them. I, personally love the PA and I think its amusing how people bad mouth it so bad. Complain all you want, but it is home field advantage for a reason :ylsuper:

I understand that it is loud, but the boys love it. Actually, we all love it. It is part of Johnson Central, as is the band. You have your own opinion and I respect that. We have Todd, so please respect him too. He does it for the team and the fans of Johnson Central. :thumb:

It enhances the game experience. Maybe if JC had a band with more than 15 people in it that can hardly be heard over the crowd' date=' they would just leave it to them. I, personally love the PA and I think its amusing how people bad mouth it so bad. Complain all you want, but it is home field advantage for a reason :ylsuper:[/quote']

True, but doesn't have to be so tacky and distracting.

I thought Ashland outplayed JC tonight. I couldn't really tell what the Tomcats were doing on defense to bottle up Grimm like that but my hat goes off to the Ashland coaching staff. Also, JC had no answer for Mahan's passing attack. Sure he missed some receivers (wide open I might add), but I thought he played a great game. He was able to scramble when the pocket collapsed and the 40-yard throw he made off one leg while being tackled was amazing.

Tomcats...I salute you! Great effort!! You proved me wrong...I really didn't think you had a shot to hang with JC tonight. You have nothing to hang your heads about.