Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 28 Ashland 21

Featured Replies

Also, JC had no answer for Mahan's passing attack

 

Did Ashland make a change at center ? I listened to most of the game and kept hearing Dicky complain about how many times Mahan was fumbling the ball. If I heard correctly he had 7 fumbles on the game but only lost one.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to JC on a great win!! Good luck the rest of the way and I hope you win it all.

Also congrats to the Tomcats. Great effort tonight and you guys had a nice season. Thanks to all the Seniors for giving us fans some exciting football to enjoy!!!!

First I want to say how proud I am of the Tomcats...I think they showed they came to play ball. IMO they were not beat by a better team but by their own mistakes and penalties, some questionable at best. How can you call a touchdown back when the ref has already signalled it was good? They proved that Grimm is indeed stoppable. And next for the wonderful PA system and announcer. The enjoyment of attending a high school football game is taken away at JC. The music, the snippets from songs are very annoying, even when you're winning. We come to these games to watch our kids play ball, talk with friends, etc. and you can not do this at JC. It is extremely annoying and obnoxious. It also is rude, everytime Ashland's band started to play, they were drown out by the PA system. There were also times when Ashland was snapping the ball and the music continued. Not a fun place to play ball!

:cry: I'm sorry, but isnt that why it is called home field advantage? :cry:

I don't think you can say this because you don't know these Ashland kids. In a few weeks they've gone from a team who didn't think they could beat JC to a team that nearly did, and probably would have if not for a few costly mistakes. They came to believe in themselves and their fans believe in them too!!!

I said it... "snap!"

I could have swore I saw a bunch of ear plugs on the Ashland side of the stadium tonight. Did anybody else see them? :lol: :D

First I want to say how proud I am of the Tomcats...I think they showed they came to play ball. IMO they were not beat by a better team but by their own mistakes and penalties, some questionable at best. How can you call a touchdown back when the ref has already signalled it was good? They proved that Grimm is indeed stoppable. And next for the wonderful PA system and announcer. The enjoyment of attending a high school football game is taken away at JC. The music, the snippets from songs are very annoying, even when you're winning. We come to these games to watch our kids play ball, talk with friends, etc. and you can not do this at JC. It is extremely annoying and obnoxious. It also is rude, everytime Ashland's band started to play, they were drown out by the PA system. There were also times when Ashland was snapping the ball and the music continued. Not a fun place to play ball!

 

Sorry, but I have to call you out on that one. That is just not true. The music always was stopped as teams broke the huddle. I was actually paying attention tonight because of the complaints lodged following the last game. Just think...if Ashland had won the first meeting on Oct. 20 then you would not have had to worry about the return trip last night.

First I want to say how proud I am of the Tomcats...I think they showed they came to play ball. IMO they were not beat by a better team but by their own mistakes and penalties, some questionable at best. How can you call a touchdown back when the ref has already signalled it was good? They proved that Grimm is indeed stoppable. And next for the wonderful PA system and announcer. The enjoyment of attending a high school football game is taken away at JC. The music, the snippets from songs are very annoying, even when you're winning. We come to these games to watch our kids play ball, talk with friends, etc. and you can not do this at JC. It is extremely annoying and obnoxious. It also is rude, everytime Ashland's band started to play, they were drown out by the PA system. There were also times when Ashland was snapping the ball and the music continued. Not a fun place to play ball!

 

First of all, the best team won, period. Ashland played by far its best game of the season, and deserves all the credit in the world. It could have very easily won this game. I'm perplexed why it couldn't play that way all year, but the reality is that JC finally let its over-confidence nearly cost them. Finally, a challenge by a worthy opponent, and the Eagles truly needed this kind of game if they hope to keep advancing.

 

Secondly, the music, and snippets, etc., is for our players and fans, and not you. What you or the opposing team thinks about it is irrelevant. We didn't obliterate the district to earn home-field advantage for your comfort and pleasure. Talk about "annoying" and "obnoxious". Don't take away from your teams' admirable performance by making excuses. If you want to be negative, why not point out your shirtless male cheerleaders blocking the aisles while people tried to enter and exit the concession area. You need to get them in the stands so they don't block fans' views, and then you could

all "watch [your] kids play ball, talk with friends, etc." It would be so pleasant and lovely.

 

Third, the disagreement between the officials regarding the Ashland touchdown was the proper call, and cost Ashland nothing. The Tomcats scored on the very next play. Just clarifying, because it sounds like you are suggesting that Ashland actually scored 4 touchdowns.

 

Fourth, didn't you just love that "wide right" call by the Lexington officials? Too bad the Tomcats didn't lose by one.

 

Keep improving, and you can enjoy the "wonderful PA system and announcer" in the playoffs for years to come.

 

To all the Ashland players, that was an exceptional effort. Believe me, everyone at JC knows you played well enough to win. Good luck next year.

I don't think you can say this because you don't know these Ashland kids. In a few weeks they've gone from a team who didn't think they could beat JC to a team that nearly did, and probably would have if not for a few costly mistakes. They came to believe in themselves and their fans believe in them too!!!

 

Ah...when you start believing this late in the season, its probably best just to wait until next year. Especially since you have a big "open" on your schedule until then. I'm sure there's much optimism since you only lose 24 kittens, Momcat.

Looks like it'll be Rockcastle County making the trip to JC next week. Anyone know anything about Rockcastle this year?

 

I'm sure Matney will have the Eagles prepared, but it'd be nice to know what's around the corner.

 

 

Frances

 

Well, there's one extremely motivated lineman who spent all of Friday night blowing up the Bell line on both sides of the ball. I have no official numbers, but Durham had at least 10 tackles and was in on at least four sacks and a forced fumble. He was freakin' incredible tonight.

 

I've had the luxury of seeing both JC and Rock, and it should be a fantastic matchup. I don't think JC can handle Rock's size up front, but Rock may have a hard time dealing with JC's speed.

 

If JC gets a few big plays, they'll be in good shape. But Rock's defense is absolutely dag-nasty (they intercepted three would-be Bell TDs in the EZ), and they must've held the ball for 38-40 of the game's 48 minutes. JC better be able to put together some long drives.

 

It's looking like a 14-13 game, and I would have to give Rock the nod simply based on big-game experience.

Give it a break on the P.A. I thought it was great I wish we did that at Ashland. For all of the true Ashland fans take the loss and please don't make excuses why we lost. Good luck to J.C. next week .

Note: I typed this post off-line before reading the thread. I will post first and then read what went before.

 

 

First I want to congratulate the victors, Johnson Central. I’m sure it was a sweet win because you were challenged, and rose to the occasion. We had you rocked back on your heels for a little while, but your coaches rallied the team and you played like champions. I hope that you go on now to represent our district well. Go make some more believers around the state!

 

I didn’t get to make the first trip to The Nest so I want to make a few observations about the fans and facilities. I think the fans were enthusiastic and hospitable. The teenagers and younger children were well behaved and that speaks well of the parents. You put on a very impressive show. It was a good visit.

 

_____

 

I also want to congratulate the Tomcats. I think our defense and O-line played particularly well. You put together 4-quarters of intense, hard nosed football. You have nothing at all to hang your heads about. You played hard and left it all on the field and I am proud of you. Remember that only one team gets to end their season on a win.

To the underclassmen I say, hit the weight room hard this winter and start getting ready for next year.

 

Thank you seniors – for putting your blood, sweat and tears into the Tomcat tradition – you will be remembered.

 

Graybeard

I'm not trying to start a feud about the PA system again, but tonight I had to sit by the speaker and realized how annoying it is. I would say the same thing if Ashland's PA did this. High school bands are part of the high school sports scene and I think most of the crowd attending high school games would rather hear them than some one's selection of music, etc. None of the songs were taken personally, but everyone around us found them annoying and were trying to figure out some way to muffle it. We don't need continuous entertainment from the PA, we come to watch a football game.

 

 

I agree with that one!!! annoying, rude, totally out of line! :flame: PA

I agree with that one!!! annoying, rude, totally out of line! :flame: PA

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Give it a break on the P.A. I thought it was great I wish we did that at Ashland. For all of the true Ashland fans take the loss and please don't make excuses why we lost. Good luck to J.C. next week .

 

 

That will never happen at Putnam stadium!! There are no excuses these players left everything they had on the field! CONGRATS TOMCATS ON A GREAT SEASON and hard fought game! Good luck seniors you will be not be forgotten!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

 

 

Better save those tears for the Rock next week!:lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.