Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 28 Ashland 21

Featured Replies

Thing is you can turn Dickie off if you want. Some possible suggestions- give visiting bands a little courtesy, remove the huge speaker from the visitors section, put visitor bleachers on the opposite side of the field..To the most important thought I have about this game, there are no excuses. I think the Cats played a great game and I'm soooo proud of them. We've watched some of these kids play for 8 years together and have come to love them. They have nothing to be ashamed of and neither do their fans. They proved a lot to us tonight. I think they played the harder game. But don't worry, the Cats will be back!

And here are you some suggestions, win regular season game instead of getting blown-out 35-7, then don't have to worry about coming back to JC.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, actually. Most of them Mahan basically dropped and picked back up on the first bounce. The way he took advantage of them, apparently he likes the busted plays. He scrambles well.

 

It appeared to be intentional, as bizzare as that sounds. A split second to divert attention, giving him time to pass. He never fumbled on a handoff, or if he did, I didn't notice it. Whatever it was, the Ashland QB has probably obliterated the offensive fumble recovery record, if they keep such things.

Congrats to Johnson Central on the win, you have a fine football team, and good luck the rest of the way.

 

As for our Tomcats....We still BELIEVE in you guys!!! Thank you to each and every one of the Seniors and their parents for allowing these kids to be a part of the Tomcat Tradition! We'll miss you guys, but you'll always be part of the Tomcat Family! The effort you guys gave during this game will not soon be fogotten! The under classmen have seen what focus a desire can do and although you cannot play for these kids I know you have made a huge impact on them and other Tomcat teams to come. We are all heavy hearted right now but I can say that I'm proud to be TOMCAT! Good luck to all of our Seniors and if you will approach life with the same determination, purpose, and desire as you did last week you will be successful at whatever you choose. GO TOMCATS!!!!

Congrats to Johnson Central on the win, you have a fine football team, and good luck the rest of the way.

 

As for our Tomcats....We still BELIEVE in you guys!!! Thank you to each and every one of the Seniors and their parents for allowing these kids to be a part of the Tomcat Tradition! We'll miss you guys, but you'll always be part of the Tomcat Family! The effort you guys gave during this game will not soon be fogotten! The under classmen have seen what focus a desire can do and although you cannot play for these kids I know you have made a huge impact on them and other Tomcat teams to come. We are all heavy hearted right now but I can say that I'm proud to be TOMCAT! Good luck to all of our Seniors and if you will approach life with the same determination, purpose, and desire as you did last week you will be successful at whatever you choose. GO TOMCATS!!!!

 

Excellent post.:thumb:

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then!:lol:

 

 

If we're the "blind squirrel", I guess that makes you guys THE NUT!

 

Actually 2 "NUTS" in a row....

We beat Ashland. Now it is time for JC to get ready for Rockcastle County. The game friday night will be the biggest game in the history of Johnson Central high school. No team has ever went 13-0 and no team has ever won a regional title in football. This team has a chance to do all of that friday night. This is the best team ever in the history of Johnson Central. I know JC can win, if they do is up to them.

 

This is crazy, 3 years ago everybody was wanting football season to end. Now we are 2 games away from playing in the state championship.

Congrats to Johnson Central on the win, you have a fine football team, and good luck the rest of the way.

 

As for our Tomcats....We still BELIEVE in you guys!!! Thank you to each and every one of the Seniors and their parents for allowing these kids to be a part of the Tomcat Tradition! We'll miss you guys, but you'll always be part of the Tomcat Family! The effort you guys gave during this game will not soon be fogotten! The under classmen have seen what focus a desire can do and although you cannot play for these kids I know you have made a huge impact on them and other Tomcat teams to come. We are all heavy hearted right now but I can say that I'm proud to be TOMCAT! Good luck to all of our Seniors and if you will approach life with the same determination, purpose, and desire as you did last week you will be successful at whatever you choose. GO TOMCATS!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: This is THE best post of this thread. I would also like to give the Ashland players and coaches credit for the season that you had. I can't count the posters on bgp and other places around our area that gave up on you after your opening game loss to Raceland (who by the way has had an 11-1 season and are playing for a regional title themselves Friday). Ashland has a long standing winning tradition and take a back seat to NO ONE :ylsuper: . Congrats again to the Tomcats on this season and I know that you will be back on top sooner rather than later. Besides my Ramblers, I am always pulling for you in every game :thumb: . Also good luck to JC vs. Rockcastle Co..

Congrats to Johnson Central on the win, you have a fine football team, and good luck the rest of the way.

 

As for our Tomcats....We still BELIEVE in you guys!!! Thank you to each and every one of the Seniors and their parents for allowing these kids to be a part of the Tomcat Tradition! We'll miss you guys, but you'll always be part of the Tomcat Family! The effort you guys gave during this game will not soon be fogotten! The under classmen have seen what focus a desire can do and although you cannot play for these kids I know you have made a huge impact on them and other Tomcat teams to come. We are all heavy hearted right now but I can say that I'm proud to be TOMCAT! Good luck to all of our Seniors and if you will approach life with the same determination, purpose, and desire as you did last week you will be successful at whatever you choose. GO TOMCATS!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: Great post. Good luck to all the departing Seniors in whatever you choose to do. Good luck to the returning Tomcats except for the game with the Rams!!:lol:

I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on your last post. I was just wondering what you were talking about. Sorry to come across that way.

 

I can't believe that after watching what I feel is the best high school football game that I've ever watched that you have two people crying about the PA system. That's the most stupid thing that I have ever heard in my life. These boys from Ashland and JC played there butts off and you two want to talk about the PA system. Come on people this is FOOTBALL if you don't like the atmosphere at Johnson Central then don't come. I'm sure you won't be missed. Your kids suffered a heart breaking loss and all the two of you want to talk about is the PA system? Great game by two good football teams. Both communities should be proud of these young men.

 

I was laughing about your post earlier about the two people talking about the PA system. Sorry, I should've explained what I meant!

Congratulations to Ashland - a team that was predicted by most to take a serious tail whipping tonight. The staff had the kids ready to play, and they stepped up. No shame in losing to a team as talented as JC, on a night that they played as well as they did.

 

 

Frances

 

 

Hmmm, seems to be the same point a lot of posters made after the BC/Ashland game...but most detailed that as a "Whipping".:thumb: All in all, I will say it again-Ashland had a great year and should be proud of their season.:thumb:

 

Congrats to JC on their victory....And "I" think you can beat Rock....Go Eagles:thumb:

Hmmm, seems to be the same point a lot of posters made after the BC/Ashland game...but most detailed that as a "Whipping".:thumb: All in all, I will say it again-Ashland had a great year and should be proud of their season.:thumb:

 

Congrats to JC on their victory....And "I" think you can beat Rock....Go Eagles:thumb:

 

Come on, Red Blood. Everyone knows that when your team wins, it's a "Whipping". When your team is on the short end of the score, it's a "Squeaker".

 

Either way, I really do wish JC the best of luck. I said this in the Russell/Corbin thread: It would be great to see a conga line going west on I-64, with JC, Russell and Raceland fans all heading to the Pizza Box.

 

Now wouldn't that be a sight?

 

 

Frances

Congrats to Johnson Central on the win, you have a fine football team, and good luck the rest of the way.

 

As for our Tomcats....We still BELIEVE in you guys!!! Thank you to each and every one of the Seniors and their parents for allowing these kids to be a part of the Tomcat Tradition! We'll miss you guys, but you'll always be part of the Tomcat Family! The effort you guys gave during this game will not soon be fogotten! The under classmen have seen what focus a desire can do and although you cannot play for these kids I know you have made a huge impact on them and other Tomcat teams to come. We are all heavy hearted right now but I can say that I'm proud to be TOMCAT! Good luck to all of our Seniors and if you will approach life with the same determination, purpose, and desire as you did last week you will be successful at whatever you choose. GO TOMCATS!!!!

As a member of BGP for almost a year I usually just sit and read with an occasional post here and there. However, onetoya this post and every Asland person and player I saw at the game, which were quite a few, could all be described with one word "classy". I have never seen an opposing team's sideline be so full of energy and belief. At Johnson Central we are so excited and proud of Coach Matney, his staff, and players. After last night I saw a bunch of people from Ashland that should have the same feelings for Coach Hart, his staff, and their players. As I was driving home I was chanting "I Believe" because I heard it the whole night. I hope that |JC and Ashland have several more games that is as competitive and spirited as this one. Congratulations Ashland on a great season and a terrific game against the Eagles. JC you have changed the way of life in the county this year. We believe in all of you.

As a member of BGP for almost a year I usually just sit and read with an occasional post here and there. However, onetoya this post and every Asland person and player I saw at the game, which were quite a few, could all be described with one word "classy". I have never seen an opposing team's sideline be so full of energy and belief. At Johnson Central we are so excited and proud of Coach Matney, his staff, and players. After last night I saw a bunch of people from Ashland that should have the same feelings for Coach Hart, his staff, and their players. As I was driving home I was chanting "I Believe" because I heard it the whole night. I hope that |JC and Ashland have several more games that is as competitive and spirited as this one. Congratulations Ashland on a great season and a terrific game against the Eagles. JC you have changed the way of life in the county this year. We believe in all of you.

I agree with you lakeview. I was on the other side of the field and could hear Ashland chanting the whole game. JC will need to do that against Rockcastle County, they cant let their spirits down now.

Come on, Red Blood. Everyone knows that when your team wins, it's a "Whipping". When your team is on the short end of the score, it's a "Squeaker".

 

Either way, I really do wish JC the best of luck. I said this in the Russell/Corbin thread: It would be great to see a conga line going west on I-64, with JC, Russell and Raceland fans all heading to the Pizza Box.

 

Now wouldn't that be a sight?

 

 

Frances

 

:thumb:

I guess it’s all been said, there’s not much you can add to what been posted.

 

I would like to say that I thought the coaching staff did a great job on both sides of the ball, and I think our kids played their hearts out.. I’m very proud of them..(Coaches and players)

 

To the seniors, we love you and we are proud of you, your class will be remembered

 

Trimmer

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.