Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 28 Ashland 21

Featured Replies

Now after reading the thread:

 

We have our Dickie and his radio – and you have your Todd and his PA.

 

IMO, all the whining about these things diminish the game and the efforts of the players of both sides.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better save those tears for the Rock next week!:lol:

Didn't see you laughing too much last night did we.:D

Now after reading the thread:

 

We have our Dickie and his radio – and you have your Todd and his PA.

 

IMO, all the whining about these things diminish the game and the efforts of the players of both sides.

Naw, Todd will never be a Dickie.:lol:

 

Only one side is diminishing the games effort by whining that I can see. Every poster from Johnson Central has had nothing but kind words and praise for Ashland and it's effort.

First of all, the best team won, period. Ashland played by far its best game of the season, and deserves all the credit in the world. It could have very easily won this game. I'm perplexed why it couldn't play that way all year, but the reality is that JC finally let its over-confidence nearly cost them. Finally, a challenge by a worthy opponent, and the Eagles truly needed this kind of game if they hope to keep advancing.

 

Secondly, the music, and snippets, etc., is for our players and fans, and not you. What you or the opposing team thinks about it is irrelevant. We didn't obliterate the district to earn home-field advantage for your comfort and pleasure. Talk about "annoying" and "obnoxious". Don't take away from your teams' admirable performance by making excuses. If you want to be negative, why not point out your shirtless male cheerleaders blocking the aisles while people tried to enter and exit the concession area. You need to get them in the stands so they don't block fans' views, and then you could

all "watch [your] kids play ball, talk with friends, etc." It would be so pleasant and lovely.

 

Third, the disagreement between the officials regarding the Ashland touchdown was the proper call, and cost Ashland nothing. The Tomcats scored on the very next play. Just clarifying, because it sounds like you are suggesting that Ashland actually scored 4 touchdowns.

 

Fourth, didn't you just love that "wide right" call by the Lexington officials? Too bad the Tomcats didn't lose by one.

 

Keep improving, and you can enjoy the "wonderful PA system and announcer" in the playoffs for years to come.

 

To all the Ashland players, that was an exceptional effort. Believe me, everyone at JC knows you played well enough to win. Good luck next year.

 

I'll give you guys one thing, the display friday night was just as tasteless as 3 weeks ago!:D If it wasn't for the long hush that fell over the crowd when JC realized they couldn't run over the Tomcats, I am sure you could have been just as rude as you were last time! :D Go Rockets!!:laugh:

Didn't see you laughing too much last night did we.:D

 

 

Actually I did when I saw the mighty Golden Eagles rushing for the first half compared to all the other games, now thats funny I don't care who you are that right there is funny!:lol:

Actually I did when I saw the mighty Golden Eagles rushing for the first half compared to all the other games, now thats funny I don't care who you are that right there is funny!:lol:
It's all about the numbers on the scoreboard, when the horn blows that matters.

 

Johnson Central- 28

Ashland- 21

 

Laugh about that one.

If we can't get beat and then hold our heads high because we are the TOMCATS then all of our wins mean nothing.

Wow! I was shocked to hear the score on this one. I thought JC would run away with it again, but it sounds like the Tomcats brought their "A" game to the nest this time. Goes to show you how important home field advatage can be. This one proabably goes in the win column for Ashland if played at Putnam. Congrats to Ashland on their season. Good luck to JC next week. (A shout out to Ashland fans; we would love to have your support next Friday at the "Hank" against Corbin. :thumb: )

Some stats for the game

 

Thanks for the stats, TCatfan, but you left out the kicking game, which was an issue in the prediction thread.

 

PATs: Ashland 1/2, ending their kicker's record string at 38.

JC 4/4, which should put Barrett in the school records book for consecutive PATs (he missed one against Boyd due to roughing the kicker, but it didn't go in the books as JC took the penalty and made a two point attempt).

 

FGs: Ashland 0/1, JC no attempts.

 

Credit Ashland with two touchbacks on kickoffs, which gave them an edge in the battle of field position.:thumb:

 

All in all, a good effort by both kickers in a game that was not decided by a FG or missed PAT by either team.

  • Author

I would like to congratulate Coach Matney and his wife on the birth of their son. There's not a better feeling in the world than being a father. I'm sure T.D will be a very fitting name for the child when he grows up.:thumb: :thumb:

I'll give you guys one thing, the display friday night was just as tasteless as 3 weeks ago!:D If it wasn't for the long hush that fell over the crowd when JC realized they couldn't run over the Tomcats, I am sure you could have been just as rude as you were last time! :D Go Rockets!!:laugh:

 

Rude? No one is being more rude than you are right now. All i see from your posts are complaints and excuses on why Ashland lost. No JC fan is taking shots at Ashland, just complimenting them on a job well done. But rotten eggs like you always have to come onto these forumns and try to stir something up because your upset.

 

1. The complaints on our PA is just stupid. It's homefield advantage for a reason, and you all are the only ones to complain about it all year.

 

2. Go ahead and laugh at the Eagle's rushing attack, because we still found a way to win through the air and from the courageous effort of our defense.

 

3. Stop trying to take away from the outstanding performance's these teams had by taking cheap shots. The better team won and that's all there is to it. So live with it, we had to for a year and now it is your turn.

 

4. Your screen name fits you very well BadCat. Not taking away anything from the OTHER Ashland posters, because I believe you all have shown great sportsmanship and honor in your team, but a few of you just need to grow up and stop thinking of excuses.

I'm not trying to start a feud about the PA system again, but tonight I had to sit by the speaker and realized how annoying it is. I would say the same thing if Ashland's PA did this. High school bands are part of the high school sports scene and I think most of the crowd attending high school games would rather hear them than some one's selection of music, etc. None of the songs were taken personally, but everyone around us found them annoying and were trying to figure out some way to muffle it. We don't need continuous entertainment from the PA, we come to watch a football game.

Maybe if you had won in week 8, you wouldn't have had to listen to the Pa.

Heard the last of this one on the radio...thought Spike was gonna stroke out or something !! :lol:

 

Next week is the BIGGEST football game in the history of Johnson Central High School... First EVER Regional Championship Game...

 

GO JC !!!

 

:ylsuper:

Now after reading the thread:

 

We have our Dickie and his radio – and you have your Todd and his PA.

 

IMO, all the whining about these things diminish the game and the efforts of the players of both sides.

 

Thing is you can turn Dickie off if you want. Some possible suggestions- give visiting bands a little courtesy, remove the huge speaker from the visitors section, put visitor bleachers on the opposite side of the field..

To the most important thought I have about this game, there are no excuses. I think the Cats played a great game and I'm soooo proud of them. We've watched some of these kids play for 8 years together and have come to love them. They have nothing to be ashamed of and neither do their fans. They proved a lot to us tonight. I think they played the harder game. But don't worry, the Cats will be back!

Now after reading the thread:

 

We have our Dickie and his radio – and you have your Todd and his PA.

 

IMO, all the whining about these things diminish the game and the efforts of the players of both sides.

You are entitled to your opinion but at least give me some credit for the nice things that I said about Mr. Martin and Coach Hart. I don't see how some constructive criticism of the play-by-play detracts from the kids. You saw the game in person and commented on your experience. I was not so fortunate and offered some comments on my listening experience.

 

Nobody forced me to listen to the game and it would have been my loss if I had chosen to tune out. As I said, I am thankful for Dickie doing such a good job crediting both teams' players for making plays. Many play-by-play guys do a worse job of identifying their own teams' players than Dickie does singling out Johnson Central players for recognition. So, please don't characterize my comments as whining.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.