Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 28 Ashland 21

Featured Replies

Thing is you can turn Dickie off if you want. Some possible suggestions- give visiting bands a little courtesy, remove the huge speaker from the visitors section, put visitor bleachers on the opposite side of the field..

To the most important thought I have about this game, there are no excuses. I think the Cats played a great game and I'm soooo proud of them. We've watched some of these kids play for 8 years together and have come to love them. They have nothing to be ashamed of and neither do their fans. They proved a lot to us tonight. I think they played the harder game. But don't worry, the Cats will be back!

 

 

LOL you crack me up!:laugh: You contradict yourself so bad sometimes. No excuses? You've been making excuses and complaints all night about the PA! And don't worry about the suggestions. The entire JC football facility is being re-modeled after this year with turf and a set of bleachers on the other side.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL you crack me up!:laugh: You contradict yourself so bad sometimes. No excuses? You've been making excuses and complaints all night about the PA! And don't worry about the suggestions. The entire JC football facility is being re-modeled after this year with turf and a set of bleachers on the other side.

 

I never, ever said the PA had anything to do with winning or losing! The kids on the field were oblivious to most of it. It didn't effect the score at all. Just really irritating to those of us in the stands who came to enjoy a football game, not be entertained by the PA. And that is wonderful about your future re- modeling.:thumb:

I don't think you can say this because you don't know these Ashland kids. In a few weeks they've gone from a team who didn't think they could beat JC to a team that nearly did, and probably would have if not for a few costly mistakes. They came to believe in themselves and their fans believe in them too!!!
Your comments about JC's hospitality are way out of line but I totally agree with you on this point. Both teams entered the game believing they could win this game and rarely, if ever, in a game between two good teams does one team "want it more" than the other.

 

That is one of the most nonsensical, worn sports cliches around. My wife told me how crushed the Tomcat players were after the game and the team left no doubt in her mind how much Ashland wanted to win the game. That also came across in Coach Hart's postgame radio interview. He seemed much more disappointed in the result of last night's game than he was following the regular season loss.

 

BTW, and you may have already read this in another thread, Johnson Central will be demolishing the current facility and replacing it with a new one next season. I am not sure, but my guess is that the visitors' will get their own stands and I expect that they will on par with any of the newer fields in eastern Kentucky. Johnson Central has always gone the extra mile to provide safe, secure, and comfortable facilities for visiting fans.

Quote from Coach Hart in today's DI. "We outplayed them. Our kids played their butts off and it's a shame we had to lose this game. They had a prayer that got answered. That's the only way I know how to say it." :ylsuper:

Your comments about JC's hospitality are way out of line but I totally agree with you on this point. Both teams entered the game believing they could win this game and rarely, if ever, in a game between two good teams does one team "want it more" than the other.

 

That is one of the most nonsensical, worn sports cliches around. My wife told me how crushed the Tomcat players were after the game and the team left no doubt in her mind how much Ashland wanted to win the game. That also came across in Coach Hart's postgame radio interview. He seemed much more disappointed in the result of last night's game than he was following the regular season loss.

 

BTW, and you may have already read this in another thread, Johnson Central will be demolishing the current facility and replacing it with a new one next season. I am not sure, but my guess is that the visitors' will get their own stands and I expect that they will on par with any of the newer fields in eastern Kentucky. Johnson Central has always gone the extra mile to provide safe, secure, and comfortable facilities for visiting fans.

 

Once again, let me clarify myself. I never mentioned anything about JC hospitality. The people I talked to from JC were nothing but kind and courteous. Just the noise.

Wow! I was shocked to hear the score on this one. I thought JC would run away with it again, but it sounds like the Tomcats brought their "A" game to the nest this time. Goes to show you how important home field advatage can be. This one proabably goes in the win column for Ashland if played at Putnam. Congrats to Ashland on their season. Good luck to JC next week. (A shout out to Ashland fans; we would love to have your support next Friday at the "Hank" against Corbin. :thumb: )

Thanks for the invite, I plan on attending this one. Good Luck.

Your comments about JC's hospitality are way out of line but I totally agree with you on this point. Both teams entered the game believing they could win this game and rarely, if ever, in a game between two good teams does one team "want it more" than the other.

 

That is one of the most nonsensical, worn sports cliches around. My wife told me how crushed the Tomcat players were after the game and the team left no doubt in her mind how much Ashland wanted to win the game. That also came across in Coach Hart's postgame radio interview. He seemed much more disappointed in the result of last night's game than he was following the regular season loss.

 

BTW, and you may have already read this in another thread, Johnson Central will be demolishing the current facility and replacing it with a new one next season. I am not sure, but my guess is that the visitors' will get their own stands and I expect that they will on par with any of the newer fields in eastern Kentucky. Johnson Central has always gone the extra mile to provide safe, secure, and comfortable facilities for visiting fans.

And a new quadraphonic sound system (for enhanced listening pleasure)to go with it.:banana:
And a new quadrophonic sound system (for enhanced listening pleasure)to go with it.:banana:

 

I'm pulling for the current press box to be replaced by one giant subwoofer. And then ring the whole place with Bose speakers for surround-sound. If we could get a Jumbotron like Letcher Central, then we could watch some awesome DVDs there in the off-season.

 

Seriously, though, that's the best game I've ever seen at The Nest. Ever. And almost the best high school game I've ever seen period (right under when Lawrence County snapped Breathitt County's giant win streak in Louisa). I think that's really all that needs to be said about it.

Wow! I was shocked to hear the score on this one. I thought JC would run away with it again, but it sounds like the Tomcats brought their "A" game to the nest this time. Goes to show you how important home field advatage can be. This one proabably goes in the win column for Ashland if played at Putnam. Congrats to Ashland on their season. Good luck to JC next week. (A shout out to Ashland fans; we would love to have your support next Friday at the "Hank" against Corbin. :thumb: )

 

 

I will be there for sure it is always a nice atomsphere for friday night football, unlike some other places! :fire:

Rude? No one is being more rude than you are right now. All i see from your posts are complaints and excuses on why Ashland lost. No JC fan is taking shots at Ashland, just complimenting them on a job well done. But rotten eggs like you always have to come onto these forumns and try to stir something up because your upset.

 

1. The complaints on our PA is just stupid. It's homefield advantage for a reason, and you all are the only ones to complain about it all year.

 

2. Go ahead and laugh at the Eagle's rushing attack, because we still found a way to win through the air and from the courageous effort of our defense.

 

3. Stop trying to take away from the outstanding performance's these teams had by taking cheap shots. The better team won and that's all there is to it. So live with it, we had to for a year and now it is your turn.

 

4. Your screen name fits you very well BadCat. Not taking away anything from the OTHER Ashland posters, because I believe you all have shown great sportsmanship and honor in your team, but a few of you just need to grow up and stop thinking of excuses.

 

 

No excuses, I just don't like JC, please feel free to put all the blame on me!

Cheap shots, funny you should mention that since you do that through the entire game. lol, that is unless your team is on there back Hmm it was really quiet for a long time?

I will be there for sure it is always a nice atomsphere for friday night football, unlike some other places! :fire:

Gotta show your support for #8. He is really playing some good football.:thumb:

 

 

See ya there BADCAT

Great job by the Ashland D on stopping the JC run game.

 

Great job by JC by exploiting that with the long passes.

No excuses, I just don't like JC, please feel free to put all the blame on me!

Cheap shots, funny you should mention that since you do that through the entire game. lol, that is unless your team is on there back Hmm it was really quiet for a long time?

...and just when you think you know someone.:cry:
I'll give you guys one thing, the display friday night was just as tasteless as 3 weeks ago!:D If it wasn't for the long hush that fell over the crowd when JC realized they couldn't run over the Tomcats, I am sure you could have been just as rude as you were last time! :D Go Rockets!!:laugh:

 

Any long hush you heard was probably due to the earplugs. Hope most Ashland fans appreciate and respect another team's right and obligation to make their home team and fans happy. Good luck until next time.

Quote from Coach Hart in today's DI. "We outplayed them. Our kids played their butts off and it's a shame we had to lose this game. They had a prayer that got answered. That's the only way I know how to say it." :ylsuper:

 

Well, Coach Hart is a little biased. Ashland outplayed JC for 3 quarters. Central woke up and dominated most of the 4th. A Hail Mary is a prayer. JC won on a well-executed play. And talk about prayers? Ashland fumbled 9 times and had 7 bounce right back to them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.