Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Urban Meyer to Step Down at Season's End!

Featured Replies

This news didn't surprise me at all. I think that all OSU fans could see the toll of the headaches, pain and balance issues connected to the syst on his brain were coming back and more often. I'm sure that this entire season had worn on Urban. I, along with other fans thought that this announcement was coming. I hate to see him go but when it's all said and done, a man has to take care of himself, his health and his family. Faith, Family … those are the most important things in anyone's life, or at least imo they should be.

I wish Urban Meyer, his wife, children and entire family nothing but the best.

 

Meyer, imo is a should be known as one of the two or three best, most influential ncaa football coaches of this era and named on the list of all time great coaches ever.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw … I purposely didn't read a lot of the other post on this thread now. I didn't want to belittle my post by responding to any of the usual cheap shots taken bc there are those who "in their words" haters of OSU bc of the OSU fans here on bgp.

And to any that have mocked / doubted Meyer's health problems …. take it from someone that has a neurological disease (M.S.) … that at the onset / symptoms of a Neuro. problem, nothing different is known by looking at someone. Problems in the brain, nerve system are not outwardly seen until / if the condition worsens. I know that for myself, I had co workers, others saying that I was "faking" "wanting time off", etc. when I would complain of pain. When I went from "limping" walk, to a cane, to a walker and then / now to a wheelchair unable to walk at all or even stand up …. was then when I had everyone acknowledge that I had been sick for a long time. IMO it's those people who are pitiful, the real disabled.

 

Also, I don't know if Meyer will return to coaching sometime in the future or not. Meyer isn't an "old" man and if his heath gets to where he thinks that he can then i'll wish him the best.

Day says he will put more of an emphasis on Ohio recruits.

Day says he will put more of an emphasis on Ohio recruits.

 

This is actually something I was wondering would he continue the Urban approach or go back to the pre-Urban era. I was wondering if OSU could continue the Urban approach after he left.

 

Side note this is bad for UK.

This is actually something I was wondering would he continue the Urban approach or go back to the pre-Urban era. I was wondering if OSU could continue the Urban approach after he left.

 

Side note this is bad for UK.

 

He’s not turning down 5 star national recruits to do more recruiting in Ohio. If he does, he won’t be the head coach at Ohio State for long...

He’s not turning down 5 star national recruits to do more recruiting in Ohio. If he does, he won’t be the head coach at Ohio State for long...

 

I don't think any power program turns down 5 stars but there was an obvious switch under Urban to recruit more nationally and put less emphasis on Ohio than past regimes.

He’s not turning down 5 star national recruits to do more recruiting in Ohio. If he does, he won’t be the head coach at Ohio State for long...

 

This^

 

He has to be able to recruit the very best and go after the very best! Just putting emphasis on getting the top Ohio recruits isn't going to get it done. He will be short lived in Columbus. Sure he will go out and recruit on a National level but will he be able to do it like Meyer did? Only time will tell.....But for the record, Kentucky will gladly take any top Ohio player State doesn't want!:thumb:

I don't think any power program turns down 5 stars but there was an obvious switch under Urban to recruit more nationally and put less emphasis on Ohio than past regimes.

 

The obvious switch was deciding they didn’t want to keep getting their teeth kicked in when they played the SEC in January. Go back to making Ohio the focus, and go back to getting run off the field against the best of the best. That’s not how you keep the Ohio State job...

I really liked the comments Urban made about the timing of releasing this before the Rose Bowl rather than after. His comments about not wanting to mislead recruits that he had grown to care for while recruiting them was a side of him I don't think enough of us see.

 

He absolutely was looking out for what is best for the university and more importantly, the kid that he is moving away from mom and dad for the first time.

Day says he will put more of an emphasis on Ohio recruits.

 

As he should and not that Urban didn't do this but this could mark the 2nd year in a row OSU let the top player from Ohio get out of the State. I've often said that Ohio players will run through brick walls to play for the Scarlet and Gray. Yes, out of state players are needed and recruiting should be and continue to be nationwide but there is something to be said for those Ohio guys that will crawl to Woody Hayes Drive to play for the Buckeyes because they are grow up fully understanding what it means to put on a Buckeye uniform. I wish Coach Meyer well and Coach Day well but this train must keep rolling and the emphasis on TTUN must be even greater! Living in Ohio but working in Xichigan, their fans were tickled pink all day yesterday so time to let them know that it doesn't matter who's coaching, they will ALWAYS be the focus!

The obvious switch was deciding they didn’t want to keep getting their teeth kicked in when they played the SEC in January. Go back to making Ohio the focus, and go back to getting run off the field against the best of the best. That’s not how you keep the Ohio State job...

 

Tressel kept his job for what 10 years doing it? Day is just saying he will give Ohio kids more of a look. Meyer was very picky with Ohio recruits.

Tressel kept his job for what 10 years doing it? Day is just saying he will give Ohio kids more of a look. Meyer was very picky with Ohio recruits.

 

Day is paying lip service at his introductory presser. If he’s landing Ohio kids outside the top 10 in each class with regularity, he won’t be long for Columbus and you know it. Expectations have changed since Tressel and so has the entire path to winning a title. You get there with elite, national level recruiting classes. Not a bigger focus on Ohio...

Coach Day will do just fine. I envision him to be similar to Lincoln Riley, not the same, but similar. Taking over after a legend will be tough but I firmly believe he will get the job done. If not, he will be in jeopardy of a change. The bar has been set high but I'm confident he'll figure it out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.