Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Urban Meyer to Step Down at Season's End!

Featured Replies

If coaching is causing too much stress for him, any chance he ends up in a GM role for an NFL club or as an AD in college? I know most Buckeye fans I know can't stand Gene Smith.

 

That's what I'm seeing happening.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it’s “cool” to bash Meyer. But I don’t think anyone can deny that it was extremely classy for this to come out today instead of a month from now after commits have put pen to paper.

They made Ryan Day the HC because of recruiting. Continuity is huge to recruits.

 

Still would be surprised if OSU doesn't lose a couple national recruits.

I'm guessing OSU fans aren't shocked but I'm a little shocked they are going with Ryan Day without a national search. A program like OSU would be attractive to the top coaches in the country.

 

They believe they have the next Lincoln Riley.

Still would be surprised if OSU doesn't lose a couple national recruits.

I wouldn’t either. But with early signing day closing in, they couldn’t afford to have a coaching search and miss out on some huge players because they want to sign early. Keeping Day was huge in that regard.

I know it’s “cool” to bash Meyer. But I don’t think anyone can deny that it was extremely classy for this to come out today instead of a month from now after commits have put pen to paper.

 

We saw the true colors come out from the “non-OSU haters” today.

I wouldn’t either. But with early signing day closing in, they couldn’t afford to have a coaching search and miss out on some huge players because they want to sign early. Keeping Day was huge in that regard.

 

 

So far each recruit has reaffirmed. I’m sure it will be hard to keep them all but players LOVE Ryan Day. Tate Martell, begged Day to stay after last season when P5 offers we’re calling.

 

Also, recruits that have already taken an official qualify for another one now.

So far each recruit has reaffirmed. I’m sure it will be hard to keep them all but players LOVE Ryan Day. Tate Martell, begged Day to stay after last season when P5 offers we’re calling.

Ryan Day is a good dude. OSU made the right choice.

Ryan Day is a good dude. OSU made the right choice.

 

The funny thing is that Michigan is going to try to flip recruits telling them Urban is leaving.

 

Ohio State is going to try to flip recruits telling them Harbaugh is staying.

The funny thing is that Michigan is going to try to flip recruits telling them Urban is leaving.

 

Ohio State is going to try to flip recruits telling them Harbaugh is staying.

Funny.

I know it’s “cool” to bash Meyer. But I don’t think anyone can deny that it was extremely classy for this to come out today instead of a month from now after commits have put pen to paper.

 

I have been an OSU fan all of my life. Even have a newborn photo of myself wrapped in an OSU blanket.

 

I say all this to point out that some of it isn't Meyer bashing at all, but just the way it all looked from the outside given the precedent set before. He left Florida because of what the stresses were doing to him, and then was able to coach in a year.

 

He really seemed (I've never had this issue so I cant speak for certain) to play it up for the media this year. From an outsider's perspective I can absolutely see how it could have simply been the ticket out, and to the next job 12 months from now.

 

I also bring this up to echo a couple different posts you made. Even if the headaches and dropping on the sidelines was all played up as his ticket out, and I knew that going in, I still appreciate what he brought tOSU. He never lost The Game, and the 3 game run for the National Championship was one of the most incredible things I've ever watched. The fact that some "fans" laugh off B1G Championships and Rose Bowl appearances also cracks me up.

 

I agree on it being an ultra classy move, and although some will bash hiding behind it when he was asked about this directly, I understand why he would not want it out before a conf. championship game

The funny thing is that Michigan is going to try to flip recruits telling them Urban is leaving.

 

Ohio State is going to try to flip recruits telling them Harbaugh is staying.

:lol2:

The funny thing is that Michigan is going to try to flip recruits telling them Urban is leaving.

 

Ohio State is going to try to flip recruits telling them Harbaugh is staying.

 

:lol2:

I'm guessing OSU fans aren't shocked but I'm a little shocked they are going with Ryan Day without a national search. A program like OSU would be attractive to the top coaches in the country.

 

Having coached one of the starting O-linemen who I still keep in contact with I can assure you that Ryan Day is the perfect coach for the job. When Day was the HC for the first 3 games and Urban was not around, the team felt more relaxed actually felt like there wasn't as much pressure and stress of potentially making a mistake in practice. This is nothing against Urban as he has certainly proven results with his coaching style, but the players played looser and more relaxed. Naming Day the HC will certainly provide continuity to the program and he will be able to run the show taking the good from the current situation and free to explore other avenues of doing things the way he wants.

 

Now with that said, I will not shed any tears if Schiano is not on staff next season but if he is so be it. I will be would also not be surprised if Wilson is not on staff next season either but we shall see. Right now, the Buckeyes are hold the 18th best class per Rivals and that includes being behind Penn St. and Nebraska so they do have some work to do. A bigger question is who is the QB next year since DH is gone for sure. I don't know if it's Martell or not but if it his he will have to improve his passing skills. I would not be shocked if there is a certain transfer who just might be considering coming to Columbus.

Based on the press conference it definitely sounds like Urban is going to be working with the AD in some capacity. He sounded like a guy who was relieved and Ryan Day sounded like a guy poised to do great things. Go Bucks!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.