December 4, 20187 yr Based on the press conference it definitely sounds like Urban is going to be working with the AD in some capacity. He sounded like a guy who was relieved and Ryan Day sounded like a guy poised to do great things. Go Bucks! I don't think they'll slip a bit, I think Day will do fine.
December 4, 20187 yr I don't think they'll slip a bit, I think Day will do fine. Right. It's Ohio State. Urban didn't make them who they are. They'll be just fine.
December 4, 20187 yr Right. It's Ohio State. Urban didn't make them who they are. They'll be just fine. It helps that they won't play anyone out of conference worth anything for the next 4 years...OSU should be favored in every game next year. They could easily go 12-0.
December 4, 20187 yr It helps that they won't play anyone out of conference worth anything for the next 4 years...OSU should be favored in every game next year. They could easily go 12-0. Next year ticks me off. Gary Patterson cancelled the home and home.
December 4, 20187 yr Next year ticks me off. Gary Patterson cancelled the home and home. Yeah that sucks.
December 4, 20187 yr Yeah that sucks. But we do have Oregon in 20 and 21 and Notre Dame in 22 and 23. Those aren’t nobodies.
December 4, 20187 yr But we do have Oregon in 20 and 21 and Notre Dame in 22 and 23. Those aren’t nobodies. Oregon is hit and miss...ND looks good today.
December 4, 20187 yr Oregon is hit and miss...ND looks good today. I mean OSU did schedule the Oregon home and home the year after we played them in the National Championship. Can’t really fault OSU for that. At least we didn’t schedule a neutral site game against Duke.
December 4, 20187 yr I mean OSU did schedule the Oregon home and home the year after we played them in the National Championship. Can’t really fault OSU for that. At least we didn’t schedule a neutral site game against Duke. I wasn't faulting them, schedules are made years in advance and it's hard to get good teams to schedule you year in and year out in the short term. I was just pointing out they have a favorable schedule the next couple of years.
December 4, 20187 yr Oregon is hit and miss...ND looks good today. I mean under Kelly since 2010 ND has had one season with less than 8 wins and he has won 70% of his games. It's not Bama, OSU or Clemson. But under Kelly ND is a quality game on an opposing teams schedule.
December 4, 20187 yr I mean under Kelly since 2010 ND has had one season with less than 8 wins and he has won 70% of his games. It's not Bama, OSU or Clemson. But under Kelly ND is a quality game on an opposing teams schedule. I agree, but we never know what a team will be 3 or 4 years from now when they finally show up on the schedule. Louisville looked like a good game two years ago when they nearly beat Clemson, but were trash when they got to the game against Alabama this year. Schedules are so far out in college football, it's a crap shoot.
December 4, 20187 yr I wasn't faulting them, schedules are made years in advance and it's hard to get good teams to schedule you year in and year out in the short term. I was just pointing out they have a favorable schedule the next couple of years. The early season part of the schedule is pretty easy. But Penn State and Michigan in back to back weeks to end the season is not going to be easy. We have Wisconsin, Northwestern, and what should be a pretty improved Nebraska team in the crossover games. It’s about as tough of a conference schedule as OSU could possibly have in the Big 10. Just sucks to not have that marquee non conference game.
December 4, 20187 yr I agree, but we never know what a team will be 3 or 4 years from now when they finally show up on the schedule. Louisville looked like a good game two years ago when they nearly beat Clemson, but were trash when they got to the game against Alabama this year. Schedules are so far out in college football, it's a crap shoot. Schedules should always be judged in hindsight.
December 4, 20187 yr I agree, but we never know what a team will be 3 or 4 years from now when they finally show up on the schedule. Louisville looked like a good game two years ago when they nearly beat Clemson, but were trash when they got to the game against Alabama this year. Schedules are so far out in college football, it's a crap shoot. Very true. 3 or 4 years from now OSU may be really struggling under Day and what looked like would be a tough game for Notre Dame will be walk in the park. Which would make people question Notre Dames win since OSU ended up not being very strong.
December 4, 20187 yr Very true. 3 or 4 years from now OSU may be really struggling under Day and what looked like would be a tough game for Notre Dame will be walk in the park. Which would make people question Notre Dames win since OSU ended up not being very strong. Don’t do that to me fc. Its already been a tough enough day as is. Haha
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.