Urban Meyer to Step Down at Season's End!

UKMustangFan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day is paying lip service at his introductory presser. If he’s landing Ohio kids outside the top 10 in each class with regularity, he won’t be long for Columbus and you know it. Expectations have changed since Tressel and so has the entire path to winning a title. You get there with elite, national level recruiting classes. Not a bigger focus on Ohio...

He’s not saying focus on Ohio, he’s saying don’t look at Benny Snell and Lynn Bowden and say, “we can do better” so quickly.

When I heard Day say he wants to put more of an emphasis on Ohio players he was simply talking to the high school coaches across the state. Day isn’t from Ohio and doesn’t have the in roads with these coaches like Urban did when he got here. He just letting the coaches know that he will take care of their guys. Don’t mistake that for him saying they aren’t going to recruit nationally. Day made sure to say all the right things to appease the fans and the coaches across the state. Top priority for fans: Beat Michigan, Top priority for coaches: value Ohio athletes.

When I heard Day say he wants to put more of an emphasis on Ohio players he was simply talking to the high school coaches across the state. Day isn’t from Ohio and doesn’t have the in roads with these coaches like Urban did when he got here. He just letting the coaches know that he will take care of their guys. Don’t mistake that for him saying they aren’t going to recruit nationally. Day made sure to say all the right things to appease the fans and the coaches across the state. Top priority for fans: Beat Michigan, Top priority for coaches: value Ohio athletes.

Lip service...

Meyer rubbed a lot of Ohio coaches the wrong way treating their players like plan B. Day simply recognizes that.

Day says he will put more of an emphasis on Ohio recruits.

I think that Coach Day will do an excellent job. There was a lot of interest / praise for him around the country as being the best of the potential hires for a head coach. Miss. State had offered him their head coaching position and I had heard that Colorado St. was also after him, not sure on that one.