Kentucky vs. Penn State - Citrus Bowl

John Anthony

Citrus Bowl Kentucky vs Penn State Who Wins?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Citrus Bowl Kentucky vs Penn State Who Wins?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with pretty much all of this, except you’ve been around long enough to know the hate for the B10 on here. It’s just ironic to see UK fans and SEC fans on here, tense up against the conference they think is overrated year in, year out. Especially, with one of the best UK teams ever.

Penn State is arguably the 3rd best team in the B1G, UK is probably the 5th, 6th or even 7th best in the SEC. PSU is an easy TD favorite and as stated before, they are a program used to playing in games like this. So as a UK fan, yeah I'm nervous.

Matching the conference 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3 and so on I'd take the SEC to win nearly every game. But with UK punching up to BIG #3, it's not a comfortable game.

Penn State is arguably the 3rd best team in the B1G, UK is probably the 5th, 6th or even 7th best in the SEC. PSU is an easy TD favorite and as stated before, they are a program used to playing in games like this. So as a UK fan, yeah I'm nervous.

Matching the conference 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3 and so on I'd take the SEC to win nearly every game. But with UK punching up to BIG #3, it's not a comfortable game.

I always view you as rational when it comes to football talk on here, but how many years have we heard the B10 is OSU and a bunch of overrated teams, heck sometimes OSU is lumped into that category. If that’s always the narrative on here, then an elite UK team should be able to take on any B10 team, not named OSU.

I always view you as rational when it comes to football talk on here, but how many years have we heard the B10 is OSU and a bunch of overrated teams, heck sometimes OSU is lumped into that category. If that’s always the narrative on here, then an elite UK team should be able to take on any B10 team, not named OSU.

Well it is OSU and a bunch of overrated teams :lol2:...but the truth is that Penn State is still better than Kentucky. Could UK pull off a win, sure. But UK's season while great, was very fortunate also. They beat Florida, Miss St, Missouri and nearly A&M but every team played much better down the stretch than UK did...in fact the ESPN FPI has them all ranked over the same UK team that beat them.

Kinda like when Wichata State was having an all-time great season and played a middle of the road UK team. UK's middle of the road was better than their best ever. Penn State doesn't need their best to beat UK...UK does.

Well it is OSU and a bunch of overrated teams :lol2:...but the truth is that Penn State is still better than Kentucky. Could UK pull off a win, sure. But UK's season while great, was very fortunate also. They beat Florida, Miss St, Missouri and nearly A&M but every team played much better down the stretch than UK did...in fact the ESPN FPI has them all ranked over the same UK team that beat them.

Kinda like when Wichata State was having an all-time great season and played a middle of the road UK team. UK's middle of the road was better than their best ever. Penn State doesn't need their best to beat UK...UK does.

I’d go with you on this if Penn St. didn’t lose 42-7 to Michigan.

Years ago there was a Bowl called the Tangerine Bowl. Is the Citrus Bowl an outgrowth of it or a completely different entity?

Per Google: The game was first played as the Tangerine Bowl in 1947 before being renamed as the Florida Citrus Bowl in 1983. When Capital One was the game's title sponsor between 2001 to 2014, the game was referred to simply as the Capital One Bowl from 2003 to 2014.