Tom Duffy Indicted

THUNDERBIRDS

Wow what a shame! The article says it was from the year 1982 & 1983. I’m a Highlands guy and he only said about 5 words to me the entire time he was here. So I was really never a Fan like some others! Sounds like he has some Dark secrets that are starting to be uncovered. Sad!

Boyle County grand jury indicts 32 in November - The Advocate-Messenger | The Advocate-Messenger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I am far from a Tom fan as a person. Great Coach. Terrible person.

I’m floored. I knew Tom then but our relationship was professional as a part of the local media.

Really finding this hard to put my head around.

From the Kentucky Revised Statues:

510.090 Sodomy in the third degree.

(1) A person is guilty of sodomy in the third degree when:

(a) Being twenty-one (21) years old or more, he or she engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person less than sixteen (16) years old;

(b) Being at least ten (10) years older than a person who is sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years old at the time of deviate sexual intercourse, he or she engages in deviate sexual intercourse with the person;

© Being twenty-one (21) years old or more, he or she engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person less than eighteen (18) years old and for whom he or she provides a foster family home as defined in KRS 600.020;

(d) Being a person in a position of authority or position of special trust, as defined in KRS 532.045, he or she engages in deviate sexual intercourse with a minor less than eighteen (18) years old with whom he or she comes into contact as a result of that position; or

(e) Being a jailer, or an employee, contractor, vendor, or volunteer of the Department of Corrections, Department of Juvenile Justice, or a detention facility as defined in KRS 520.010, or of an entity under contract with either department or a detention facility for the custody, supervision, evaluation, or treatment of offenders, he or she subjects a person who he or she knows is incarcerated, supervised, evaluated, or treated by the Department of

Corrections, Department of Juvenile Justice, detention facility, or contracting entity, to deviate sexual intercourse.

(2) Sodomy in the third degree is a Class D felony.

Effective: July 14, 2018

History: Amended 2018 Ky. Acts ch. 43, sec. 4, effective July 14, 2018; and ch. 109,

sec. 4, effective July 14, 2018. -- Amended 2012 Ky. Acts ch. 146, sec. 128, effective

July 12, 2012; and ch. 148, sec. 3, effective July 12, 2012. -- Amended 2010 Ky.

Acts ch. 26, sec. 2, effective July 15, 2010. -- Amended 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 182, sec.

32, effective July 12, 2006. -- Amended 2002 Ky. Acts ch. 259, sec. 8, effective July

15, 2002; and ch. 282, sec. 2, effective July 15, 2002. -- Amended 1988 Ky. Acts ch.

283, sec. 13, effective July 15, 1988. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 89,

effective January 1, 1975.

Legislative Research Commission Note (7/14/2018). This statute was amended by 2018

Ky. Acts chs. 43 and 109, which do not appear to be in conflict and have been codified together.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=47634

Legislative Research Commission Note (7/14/2018). 2018 Ky. Acts ch. 43, sec. 5, provides that 2018 Ky. Acts ch. 43 may be cited as "Jenna's Law." This statute was amended in Section 4 of that Act.

1982 and 1983 would have been while he was coaching at Danville...also, obviously, why he was indicted in Boyle County.

Tom Duffy became the Admirals coach in 1980. He was there until he went to Highlands in 1988.

From the Kentucky Revised Statues:

(a) Being twenty-one (21) years old or more, he or she engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person less than sixteen (16) years old;

(b) Being at least ten (10) years older than a person who is sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years old at the time of deviate sexual intercourse, he or she engages in deviate sexual intercourse with the person;

© Being twenty-one (21) years old or more, he or she engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person less than eighteen (18) years old and for whom he or she provides a foster family home as defined in KRS 600.020;

(d) Being a person in a position of authority or position of special trust, as defined in KRS 532.045, he or she engages in deviate sexual intercourse with a minor less than eighteen (18) years old with whom he or she comes into contact as a result of that position; or

(e) Being a jailer, or an employee, contractor, vendor, or volunteer of the Department of Corrections, Department of Juvenile Justice, or a detention facility as defined in KRS 520.010, or of an entity under contract with either department or a detention facility for the custody, supervision, evaluation, or treatment of offenders, he or she subjects a person who he or she knows is incarcerated, supervised, evaluated, or treated by the Department of

Corrections, Department of Juvenile Justice, detention facility, or contracting entity, to deviate sexual intercourse.

(2) Sodomy in the third degree is a Class D felony.

Effective: July 14, 2018

History: Amended 2018 Ky. Acts ch. 43, sec. 4, effective July 14, 2018; and ch. 109,

sec. 4, effective July 14, 2018. -- Amended 2012 Ky. Acts ch. 146, sec. 128, effective

July 12, 2012; and ch. 148, sec. 3, effective July 12, 2012. -- Amended 2010 Ky.

Acts ch. 26, sec. 2, effective July 15, 2010. -- Amended 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 182, sec.

32, effective July 12, 2006. -- Amended 2002 Ky. Acts ch. 259, sec. 8, effective July

15, 2002; and ch. 282, sec. 2, effective July 15, 2002. -- Amended 1988 Ky. Acts ch.

283, sec. 13, effective July 15, 1988. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 89,

effective January 1, 1975.

Legislative Research Commission Note (7/14/2018). This statute was amended by 2018

Ky. Acts chs. 43 and 109, which do not appear to be in conflict and have been codified together.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=47634

Legislative Research Commission Note (7/14/2018). 2018 Ky. Acts ch. 43, sec. 5, provides that 2018 Ky. Acts ch. 43 may be cited as "Jenna's Law." This statute was amended in Section 4 of that Act.

So I'm not the only one that looked up the statute.

30+ years later. I'd imagine it wasn't an authority figure having sex with a student.

So I'm not the only one that looked up the statute.

30+ years later. I'd imagine it wasn't an authority figure having sex with a student.

Right, the authority figure part of the statute was added a decade or so ago.

It appears the violation is for this part of the statute:

Additionally from the KRS here is the definition of deviate sexual intercourse:

510.010 Definitions for chapter.

The following definitions apply in this chapter unless the context otherwise requires:

"Deviate sexual intercourse" means any act of sexual gratification involving the sex organs of one person and the mouth or anus of another; or penetration of the anus of

one person by any body part or a foreign object manipulated by another person.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=47587

=============

This is just me giving an opinion now, from what we can see it looks like the accusation is either anal sex and/or oral sex with either boys and/or girls under the age of 16.

I want to add, I am not a lawyer or any kind of authority on this, I am just attempting to help everyone understand the charge that is public record.