Ohio State or Oklahoma for the playoffs, make your case

Jumper_Dad

Georgia is far better than Oklahoma and Ohio State IMO, but if Conference Championships are going to have any meaning it has to be Oklahoma. All of this is just another reason for expanding the playoffs, preferably (for me) to 16 teams. It needs to be no less than 8.

The playoff spots announced today should be:

1 Alabama

2 Clemson

3 Notre Dame

4 Oklahoma

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgia is far better than Oklahoma and Ohio State IMO, but if Conference Championships are going to have any meaning it has to be Oklahoma. All of this is just another reason for expanding the playoffs, preferably (for me) to 16 teams. It needs to be no less than 8.

The playoff spots announced today should be:

1 Alabama

2 Clemson

3 Notre Dame

4 Oklahoma

Actually, if conference Champions play in heavily in the picture then imo Notre Dame needs to get in a conference somewhere. ND not having to play in a conference championship is a big advantage to the Irish. I know this has been talked over for a long time in cfb but they remain Independent. A personal opinion is that ND would be a good fit in the Big10. That may be a discussion for a separate

thread.

This is my take.

1) Alabama

2) Clemson

3) Notre Dame

4) Oklahoma

Oklahoma and Ohio State are nearly mirror images. I base this on two-three games for each. Their losses were Oklahoma to Texas and Ohio State to Purdue. Texas is better than Purdue, Thye both had several games that were really close with Ohio State winning one in overtime against an average Maryland team. Oklahoma had close games at Oklahoma State and WVU. Oklahoma State is Maryland-like. West Virginia is better than Maryland. Ohio State's win aginst Michigan was impressive, however.

If these teams played it would be a scorefest. On a neutral field it would be close, but I think Oklahoma would get one more stop. Thus seed #4

Georgia may be better than both, but you gotta win the conference championship, simple as that.

I thought before last night that Alabama was invincible and Tua was at another level. Neither, not so much last night. Alabama's defense is not at their standard and if they have a few turnovers, like last night, they can be had by the other three. I still think the Tide win it comfortably, though.

But last year Alabama did not win their conference. Didn't even play in the title game. Still got the invite. Still won it all.

Actually, if conference Champions play in heavily in the picture then imo Notre Dame needs to get in a conference somewhere. ND not having to play in a conference championship is a big advantage to the Irish. I know this has been talked over for a long time in cfb but they remain Independent. A personal opinion is that ND would be a good fit in the Big10. That may be a discussion for a separate

thread.

They would have to break their contract with the ACC.

thread.

If we had a 16 team playoff, it would take care of itself. Teams like ND would be in with a good season.