Ohio State or Oklahoma for the playoffs, make your case

Jumper_Dad

For the record ESPNs Strength of Record which has predicted every playoff team thus far and Playoff Predictor have Ohio State in. Now if Oklahoma does make it like we all expect, we can finally just stop listening to ESPN because they are all so full of crap. Like just this morning Heather Dinich was talking about how if Maryland had just completed a pass it wouldn’t be a debate between OU/ OSU but completely leaves out the fact tht OU was literally a wide open receiver missed on a two point conversion away from losing to OkSt the week before Maryland. It’s just such crap.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record ESPNs Strength of Record which has predicted every playoff team thus far and Playoff Predictor have Ohio State in. Now if Oklahoma does make it like we all expect, we can finally just stop listening to ESPN because they are all so full of crap. Like just this morning Heather Dinich was talking about how if Maryland had just completed a pass it wouldn’t be a debate between OU/ OSU but completely leaves out the fact tht OU was literally a wide open receiver missed on a two point conversion away from losing to OkSt the week before Maryland. It’s just such crap.

I never payed attention to what ESPN says/said because they've always been full of crap.

For the record ESPNs Strength of Record which has predicted every playoff team thus far and Playoff Predictor have Ohio State in.
In a twist of what Guru said in another thread about Georgia, I'll say if OSU gets in there needs to be an investigation into corruption in College Football.

Does the fact that Oklahoma beat the team that beat them play into the OU vs OSU argument? I feel like that is a big deal. In some way it makes Oklahoma undefeated.

And for the record a win is a win, there are little dinky things in every game. We can’t get hung up on ifs buts and coconuts. The game is designed to have a winner and a loser in pure form, why mess with that?

If we had a 16 team playoff, it would take care of itself. Teams like ND would be in with a good season.

Agreed … on a 16 team p/o that ND would be in. I'm one that's not in favor of a 16 team p/o. 8 at the most but really the 4 is o.k. w / me. I think that no matter how many teams are in, there's always going to be that argument over why not this one ...that one, they don't deserve in, etc., etc. . Could go on and on.

In a twist of what Guru said in another thread about Georgia, I'll say if OSU gets in there needs to be an investigation into corruption in College Football.

You’re joking right? Literally any discernible stat says OSU should be in. It won’t happen but it’s not like it’s crazy.

Dan Patrick was talking about an idea proposed by Dan Wetzel of Yahoo sports. Get rid of the conference championship weekend and have this past weekend be round 1 of the playoffs with 8 teams in. Then proceed from there with your final four as it currently is.

Too simple for them, I think they like all the debate, controversy and power.