Marvin Lewis

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Hue may come back in a role as assistant head coach in charge of game management. That frees Marvin up to focus on calling the defense as DC. Considering the Bengals have two games left with the Browns and the situation with Marvin calling defense now, I am ok with the move. Every Bengals fan will agree that Marvin could use some help with game management.

However, if this turns into Hue Jackson becoming the next head coach, it burns down every good change Mike has made over the past few years. People want to complain about Mike but the Bengals organization today is a lot different than it was. If they bring in 3 win Hue then hire him as coach to replace the winningest coach in Bengals history, that all goes out the window and it is back to the stone age.

I think we would all have to agree that Andy and the Bengals were rolling when Hue left and it’s been downhill since he left. Coincidences???

Probably not. People always remember 2015, but Hues first year as OC Dalton had one of his worst years as a qb in 2014. It seems 2015 with Dalton is more of the exception than the rule. Quite honestly Dalton not getting to finish 2015 honestly helps Dalton. The Bengals had just lost 2 or 3 before he got hurt. Both games on prime time against the Texans and Cardinals.

So if Dalton doesnt get hurt that Steelers game and they end up losing. Then if the still lose the prime time game under the lights against the Broncos, which good chance that would have happened. They still would have been stuck against the Steelers in round one in prime time, in the playoffs, in the rain against the Steelers. Which I know it makes people feel good to think they win with Dalton. But nothing in Daltons 8 years or Marvin's tenure suggest the Bengals win any of the games they lost with McCarron if Dalton plays.

So if Dalton plays and they lose those same games. All of a sudden people dont look at 2015 anymore as what they hold on to for believing in Dalton. Dalton getting hurt in 2015 actually has helped Dalton because we never will know if that was the year he would have done things he never did before because he got hurt before he got the chance.

IF we make the playoffs we will not lose to Houston first round. They will likely be 4th seed division winner which means we would have to be 5th seed to play them and that is NOT going to happen.

It was a joke because that's the best Marvin can do and it feels like that's happened 5-6 times.

I don’t know where to put this, but the Bengals are bringing back Hue Jackson this year. Title has yet to be determined but I would imagine something along the lines of co-OC/ consultant. Certainly an interesting dynamic since the Bengals still have to play Cleveland twice.

Meet your next head coach and some of the peoople on this site don't think the Bengals are a dysfunctional family. What a joke.