Marvin Lewis

It sounds like Hue may come back in a role as assistant head coach in charge of game management. That frees Marvin up to focus on calling the defense as DC. Considering the Bengals have two games left with the Browns and the situation with Marvin calling defense now, I am ok with the move. Every Bengals fan will agree that Marvin could use some help with game management.

However, if this turns into Hue Jackson becoming the next head coach, it burns down every good change Mike has made over the past few years. People want to complain about Mike but the Bengals organization today is a lot different than it was. If they bring in 3 win Hue then hire him as coach to replace the winningest coach in Bengals history, that all goes out the window and it is back to the stone age.

I've got news for you, it's never left the stone age contrary to what you and others on here keep trying to convince people of.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got news for you, it's never left the stone age contrary to what you and others on here keep trying to convince people of.

Well you are wrong. @Voice of Reason is correct. You can continue to ignore the fact that the Bengals and even Mike Brown has done things much better since Marvin has been here. In fact a lot better than many teams who have had true GMs during this time.

Still not perfect because they kept bringing Marvin back. But how they do things these days are a lot better. He is completely right though if they go back to the coach in waiting thing. Then it does take away all the other things they have done better as an organization.

I know you disagree because your one of those who made up your mind about Mike Brown years ago. And wouldn't matter what he does you will be blind to it, and have your opinion. So best to agree to disagree.

Being reported by ESPN that Marvin is done after this season. I say move on now.

Wasn't this reported right around this same time last year?

It was pretty close. I believe it was early Decemeber.

I still haven't seen anywhere where it is being reported that he is leaving after this season? I haven't read it or heard it anywhere. So did that really get reported or was it an old story from last year?

It was pretty close. I believe it was early Decemeber.

I still haven't seen anywhere where it is being reported that he is leaving after this season? I haven't read it or heard it anywhere. So did that really get reported or was it an old story from last year?

That is a good question. My daughter told me during dinner the other night that it was being reported on Twitter that Marvin was stepping down after this season was over. She mentioned WCPO and ESPN, but when we went searching further we found nothing either.

That is a good question. My daughter told me during dinner the other night that it was being reported on Twitter that Marvin was stepping down after this season was over. She mentioned WCPO and ESPN, but when we went searching further we found nothing either.

I'm thinking somehow an old article started to float around on twitter that had the headlines from last year. So maybe just didn't realize that was a year ago, because there literally is nothing saying he is done after this season.

My only worry now is the succession plan is back in place for Hue. If Marvin does step down ever, they need to open it up.