Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke vs. Kentucky Thoughts/Predictions

Who Wins? 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

But you're a fan of both the football and basketball programs. What I'm saying is, I think there is a very large number of Kentucky basketball fans that don't follow the football team. Could be wrong, but as you said, lose Saturday and it pretty much becomes a moot point.

 

That’s probably correct in my home county. There’s a group of counties in my area that do not have high school football and a lot of the people, particularly the older generation, don’t follow football but are crazy about basketball. There’s still a sizable UK football following but not at the percentages other counties have.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky 74-68.

Cal should ask Stoops if he can borrow the Wagner kid to rough up Duke inside. It's obvious he doesn't mind contact.

Easy win for Duke clearly better coached team and Singleton is a beast.

 

Gee that is surprising that you would comment like this.

I think Duke takes this one early in the season. I think UK's defense will be much better later but they're not ready for this level of competition yet. Duke 78-70.

I think Duke takes this one early in the season. I think UK's defense will be much better later but they're not ready for this level of competition yet. Duke 78-70.

 

This is kind of my feeling as well, but I think UKs experience will cancel some of that out.

I think Duke takes this one early in the season. I think UK's defense will be much better later but they're not ready for this level of competition yet. Duke 78-70.

After watching their defensive effort last night I have switched my opinion and tend to agree with this post. However, I would bet the farm that Duke doesn’t shoot the 3 like UK’s opponent did last night. They were hot from behind the arc. But Duke may get most their points by attacking the basket and putback shots.

After watching their defensive effort last night I have switched my opinion and tend to agree with this post. However, I would bet the farm that Duke doesn’t shoot the 3 like UK’s opponent did last night. They were hot from behind the arc. But Duke may get most their points by attacking the basket and putback shots.

They were 8-24, I hope Duke shoots that % when we play.

They were 8-24, I hope Duke shoots that % when we play.

Yes, I see that now in the stats. I was wrong, not as hot as I thought. They missed most in the second half when they got tired.

It will be an even 1st Half, Cats pull away in the 2nd Half. Cats by 15.

I think Duke takes this one early in the season. I think UK's defense will be much better later but they're not ready for this level of competition yet. Duke 78-70.

 

It seems like people are focused on UK and acting like they are playing an experienced Duke team. What makes people think that Duke is ready for this level of competition yet? For one of the the few times if not ever, Cals UK team wont be the youngest on the court. Meaning Dukes players wont have any idea how to play defense at this level either. While they have coach K. He has really struggled at getting young teams to ever play defense.

 

Not saying UK definitely will win. But the concerns fans have about UK for this game, are the same for Duke if not even more.

I just feel like in the majority of season's Kentucky drops these early season marquee games. I'm inclined to pick Duke here.

I was confident in a UK victory until the two exhibition games, and now I'm less confident. I think Duke has the better starting five, but seems to have a significant depth advantage.

 

Give me the Cats by 5.

I just feel like in the majority of season's Kentucky drops these early season marquee games. I'm inclined to pick Duke here.

 

I hear you. Of course four years ago UK beat Duke in similar matchups

I am so excited to be going to this Classic. Want to watch Kansas and see if they are deserving of their #1 ranking.

 

I think Coach Cal is better of getting young talent to develop early. It will be a battle inside and our depth should help but not sure some coming off the bench can battle with theor talent in the paint.

We need our outside shooting to help in them loading the middle.

I feel the cats will seal the win in the last 4 minutes if hitting free throws.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.