Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke vs. Kentucky Thoughts/Predictions

Who Wins? 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Disagree. I'd argue there are more Kentucky basketball fans that don't even follow football than there are total Kentucky football fans. Now those that are fans of both may be more vested in the football team, but come 9:30 Tuesday night the majority of Kentucky fans will be full on basketball season mode.

 

I'm actually going to the Duke/Kentucky game and the only thing I can think about is football. Fans will still be watching basketball and fully supporting it, but BBN is all about football right now. Now, if Georgia gets the win Saturday, things will shift a little. If UK wins, it'll be all about football.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Disagree. I'd argue there are more Kentucky basketball fans that don't even follow football than there are total Kentucky football fans. Now those that are fans of both may be more vested in the football team, but come 9:30 Tuesday night the majority of Kentucky fans will be full on basketball season mode.

 

I'm actually going to the Duke/Kentucky game and the only thing I can think about is football. Fans will still be watching basketball and fully supporting it, but BBN is all about football right now. Now, if Georgia gets the win Saturday, things will shift a little. If UK wins, it'll be all about football.

 

Maybe its a geographical demographic thing? I feel like my circle of friends really enjoy both, but if they have to choose who is going to have success, its basketball and anything football does is an added bonus.

 

I'd take Kentucky losing Saturday, losing to Tenn and UL in football if it meant we beat Duke Tuesday, beat UL, and won a National Championship this year in basketball. Maybe I'm in the minority, but in my circles, I think I'd have plenty that jump on that deal with me.

I'm actually going to the Duke/Kentucky game and the only thing I can think about is football. Fans will still be watching basketball and fully supporting it, but BBN is all about football right now. Now, if Georgia gets the win Saturday, things will shift a little. If UK wins, it'll be all about football.

 

But you're a fan of both the football and basketball programs. What I'm saying is, I think there is a very large number of Kentucky basketball fans that don't follow the football team. Could be wrong, but as you said, lose Saturday and it pretty much becomes a moot point.

Not in the circle of UK fans that I know. It'll be conversations that switch back and forth between the two sports constantly. Just yesterday, with the biggest UK football fan I know, we talked about how awesome it would be if they beat UGA, LSU upsets Alabama, and UK miraculously beat LSU to make the playoffs. Two minutes later we are comparing the 2010 vs 2012 vs 2015 vs 2018-2019 team and how he is going to Indy for the Duke game.

 

I don't understand the concept of being too engaged in UK football that you aren't paying attention to bball or excited yet. But I know there are many out there like GrantNKY, just strange to me.

 

This is off topic. For the life of me I just don't understand why UK fans never talk about the 2011 team. Everyone talks about the 2010 team, but why? At the end of the day it was a very good team, that was very flawed because it couldn't shoot. It struggled to beat a bad Miami team to start the year, and played in a very weak SEC at that time. The 2010 team did exactly what everyone hated Tubby for, and that was falling short and only making the elite 8.

 

I get it that it was exciting having true star players again, but that team didn't even break the final four drought. The 2011 team did what UK fans were dying for years for, and that was get back to the final four. That 2011 team IMO was one of the most exciting UK runs ever, up until the 2014 run. I know that has nothing to do with what you mentioned. I just find it funny people always bring up the 2010 team, who didn't even make the final four. Yet no one ever talks about 2011 lol.

 

For the record I think the 2010 team loses to 2012, 2015, and this years team if this team comes together like I think they would. I honestly love the 2011 teams chances against the 2010 team too.

I would argue that you don't know Kentucky fans. He's 100% right.

 

I agree to disagree.

Anyone else wish they wouldn’t play games like this in November? At least wait until December when College football slows down for a month before the big bowl games. I just have a hard time drumming up any interest in basketball this early.

 

I absolutely love that they play these games early. I don't understand how a UK fan or Duke fan can say that they aren't excited about this game and the college bball season getting started.

 

Not pointed at you @GrantNKY, but why do people struggle about being excited or engaged in multiple things.

 

I love that they play these game now. Besides playoff team in sports, this is the best time of the year. All my favorite teams are playing the Bengals, UK Football, UK Basketball, Notre Dame Football. Having basketball now gives me something to look forward to during the week, rather than waiting for the weekend. So I love it!

I love UK's chances in this. I think out of these two teams, UK should be better defensively and should be a better shooting team. Unless RJ Barrett plays out of his mind, which is he capable of. I love UK's chances.

Easy win for Duke clearly better coached team and Singleton is a beast.

It’s not like I won’t watch the game or anything, but to say I’m excited about the game right now would be a lie. It just doesn’t feel right to me. Hell if UK beats Georgia this weekend, UK fans will be as excited if not more excited for what the rankings will be in between the two games than they will for the game itself. I just think if this game as played in December it would drum up more interest.

 

If UK upset's Georgia they will burn Lex to the ground. I can see the couches flying out the windows now! The b-ball team better leave early for Indy in case the Cats catch lightning in a bottle on Sat afternoon! LOL

If UK upset's Georgia they will burn Lex to the ground. I can see the couches flying out the windows now! The b-ball team better leave early for Indy in case the Cats catch lightning in a bottle on Sat afternoon! LOL

Lexington will literally burn to the ground. No doubt about it. It will be a national championship in basketball type celebration. Probably even crazier to be honest.

Excited about the game would be an understatement. I spent about an hour one night last week looking at possible match ups in the game.

 

Should be interesting. It looks like Bolden is going to start for Duke which means Richard's will probably be stuck with him. That leaves either Washington, Travis, Montgomery or Johnson to deal with Reddish, Barrett and William's. Those matchups will really be key in the game I think. UK's depth at guard could help to keep up the defensive pressure on Duke. Also getting Bolden into foul trouble or out of rhythm could help free up Richards to help with Dukes best three players.

 

Should be a great game though.

Easy win for Duke clearly better coached team and Singleton is a beast.

 

You know this thread is about Duke vs Kentucky in mens basketball right? Who is Singleton?

But you're a fan of both the football and basketball programs. What I'm saying is, I think there is a very large number of Kentucky basketball fans that don't follow the football team. Could be wrong, but as you said, lose Saturday and it pretty much becomes a moot point.
This is reasonable. There are definitely those who don’t follow the football team and there are probably very few if any football fans that don’t follow basketball. I just think there are more football people in this state who have suffered through years of mediocrity who would trade some of the success of the basketball program for a sustained period of success for the football program. Hell I know people who would gladly trade 2 basketball championships for a football championship. They wouldn’t even think twice about it. I guess it’s more of who I hang out with more. Football guys tend to surround themselves with football guys and basketball guys tend to spend more time with basketball guys.
You know this thread is about Duke vs Kentucky in mens basketball right? Who is Singleton?

 

My bad got his name wrong Williamson.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.