Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke vs. Kentucky Thoughts/Predictions

Who Wins? 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I just feel like in the majority of season's Kentucky drops these early season marquee games. I'm inclined to pick Duke here.

 

See I feel the opposite. I feel like coach Cals teams usually always play well early in the season even in the marquee games. If his teams struggle it usually comes after camp Cal when SEC play starts.

 

UK is 4 and 3 in these Champions games. They are tied with Duke for the best record in these. Kansas and Michigan State are 3 and 4 in these.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See I feel the opposite. I feel like coach Cals teams usually always play well early in the season even in the marquee games. If his teams struggle it usually comes after camp Cal when SEC play starts.

 

UK is 4 and 3 in these Champions games. They are tied with Duke for the best record in these. Kansas and Michigan State are 3 and 4 in these.

 

I don't know, it's hard for me to say why I have that perception. I just looked up their record versus ranked teams in November and December since 11/12, and they are 12-8 in those games. Not immaculate but not bad. They had a real bad stretch in 12/13 & 13/14, which was the NIT team and the late bloomer that made the finals. Maybe it took hold there and I never readjusted.

 

Even so, I still have this feeling that they lose here.

I think Duke wins 80-75 in a highly entertaining opening to the season. The amount of future Lottery Picks on the floor tonight is simply unbelievable. Crazy talent on both teams -- I can't wait.

UK 83-71

  • Author

What's the likelihood this game starts before 9:50 tonight? haha

What's the likelihood this game starts before 9:50 tonight? haha

 

I'd say pretty good, if you live in Owensboro like me.

I’m just happy the game is here.

 

 

Can we all admit that we think our team will win because we are biased? I’m not sure how anyone can say for certain who is going to win tonight or why. Tonight is one huge bowl of uncertainty.

 

I do find it interesting that all of the experts and Vegas is picking UK to win.

I’m just happy the game is here.

 

 

Can we all admit that we think our team will win because we are biased? I’m not sure how anyone can say for certain who is going to win tonight or why. Tonight is one huge bowl of uncertainty.

 

I do find it interesting that all of the experts and Vegas is picking UK to win.

 

I think it makes sense. Duke is uber-talented but completely raw. Kentucky is also uber-talented, but has quite a bit of experience. If this game was happening in January, the sharps may feel differently.

  • Author
I’m just happy the game is here.

 

 

Can we all admit that we think our team will win because we are biased? I’m not sure how anyone can say for certain who is going to win tonight or why. Tonight is one huge bowl of uncertainty.

 

I do find it interesting that all of the experts and Vegas is picking UK to win.

 

Definitely balanced, but I feel like Travis Reid and PJ Washington give the Cats the nod.

 

I really want a win, but deep down, as long as both teams come out healthy, I am happy with either outcome, at long as its close. It's November 6th. This game means nothing in the grand scheme, but I'd rather log on here after a W haha!

I’m just happy the game is here.

 

 

Can we all admit that we think our team will win because we are biased? I’m not sure how anyone can say for certain who is going to win tonight or why. Tonight is one huge bowl of uncertainty.

 

I do find it interesting that all of the experts and Vegas is picking UK to win.

 

I think it makes sense. Duke is uber-talented but completely raw. Kentucky is also uber-talented, but has quite a bit of experience. If this game was happening in January, the sharps may feel differently.

 

Duke's stars still need to get used to the pace of the college game and they way in which fouls will be called. I think that gives UK the advantage. UK's bigs especially Travis should know what to expect, what they can get away with etc. I think whichever team can best manage foul trouble will likely win the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.