Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke vs. Kentucky Thoughts/Predictions

Who Wins? 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

We are now less than a week away from the colossal opening to the 2018-2019 college basketball season. I couldn't wait any longer to get some conversation started.

 

Who wins?

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kentucky has more overall talent top to bottom. Kentucky has a more well-rounded roster IMO. Kentucky has experience.

 

I think the Cats take it 79-70.

The thought is that Duke has a better starting five and Kentucky has better depth.

 

I think that plays into Duke's hands in this game as their rotations and lineup will be more set than Kentucky.

 

I expect a close game with Duke winning by 4 or 5 at the end.

What a great game!

 

Unfortunately, my interest in basketball does not start until after Thanksgiving. I have been wired that way for over 50 years.

 

In this, really, meaningless "pre-season" game, I would say you could flip a coin as to who will win.

Anyone else wish they wouldn’t play games like this in November? At least wait until December when College football slows down for a month before the big bowl games. I just have a hard time drumming up any interest in basketball this early.

Can we stop talking about this stuff during football season?!?

 

 

Just kidding. I’m planning to attend this one and can’t wait to see how it plays out.

  • Author
Anyone else wish they wouldn’t play games like this in November? At least wait until December when College football slows down for a month before the big bowl games. I just have a hard time drumming up any interest in basketball this early.

 

I absolutely love that they play these games early. I don't understand how a UK fan or Duke fan can say that they aren't excited about this game and the college bball season getting started.

 

Not pointed at you @GrantNKY, but why do people struggle about being excited or engaged in multiple things.

I absolutely love that they play these games early. I don't understand how a UK fan or Duke fan can say that they aren't excited about this game and the college bball season getting started.

 

Not pointed at you @GrantNKY, but why do people struggle about being excited or engaged in multiple things.

It’s not like I won’t watch the game or anything, but to say I’m excited about the game right now would be a lie. It just doesn’t feel right to me. Hell if UK beats Georgia this weekend, UK fans will be as excited if not more excited for what the rankings will be in between the two games than they will for the game itself. I just think if this game as played in December it would drum up more interest.

It’s not like I won’t watch the game or anything, but to say I’m excited about the game right now would be a lie. It just doesn’t feel right to me. Hell if UK beats Georgia this weekend, UK fans will be as excited if not more excited for what the rankings will be in between the two games than they will for the game itself. I just think if this game as played in December it would drum up more interest.

 

You don't know Kentucky fans if you really believe the bolded. :lol2:

You don't know Kentucky fans if you really believe the bolded. :lol2:

The majority of Kentucky fans I’ve talked to haven’t even brought up the Duke game on Tuesday. It’s an afterthought. Now if Kentucky loses then yeah it will shift very quickly to basketball season in bluegrass, but if they win, Kentucky fans are going to be talking more about where they should be ranked than whether or not they will beat Duke.

  • Author
The majority of Kentucky fans I’ve talked to haven’t even brought up the Duke game on Tuesday. It’s an afterthought. Now if Kentucky loses then yeah it will shift very quickly to basketball season in bluegrass, but if they win, Kentucky fans are going to be talking more about where they should be ranked than whether or not they will beat Duke.

 

Not in the circle of UK fans that I know. It'll be conversations that switch back and forth between the two sports constantly. Just yesterday, with the biggest UK football fan I know, we talked about how awesome it would be if they beat UGA, LSU upsets Alabama, and UK miraculously beat LSU to make the playoffs. Two minutes later we are comparing the 2010 vs 2012 vs 2015 vs 2018-2019 team and how he is going to Indy for the Duke game.

 

I don't understand the concept of being too engaged in UK football that you aren't paying attention to bball or excited yet. But I know there are many out there like GrantNKY, just strange to me.

Not in the circle of UK fans that I know. It'll be conversations that switch back and forth between the two sports constantly. Just yesterday, with the biggest UK football fan I know, we talked about how awesome it would be if they beat UGA, LSU upsets Alabama, and UK miraculously beat LSU to make the playoffs. Two minutes later we are comparing the 2010 vs 2012 vs 2015 vs 2018-2019 team and how he is going to Indy for the Duke game.

 

I don't understand the concept of being too engaged in UK football that you aren't paying attention to bball or excited yet. But I know there are many out there like GrantNKY, just strange to me.

I think it just depends the type of person you are to some extent. There have been football fans in Kentucky who’ve waited their entire lives for this moment. These fans would trade a basketball national championship in a heartbeat for a football SEC championship without batting an eye. I’m more of a football guy myself so I guess it makes sense that I talk to more football people than basketball fans. But that’s just how I am. I just enjoy college football more

than college basketball.

You don't know Kentucky fans if you really believe the bolded. :lol2:

 

I would argue that you don't know Kentucky fans. He's 100% right.

I would argue that you don't know Kentucky fans. He's 100% right.

 

Disagree. I'd argue there are more Kentucky basketball fans that don't even follow football than there are total Kentucky football fans. Now those that are fans of both may be more vested in the football team, but come 9:30 Tuesday night the majority of Kentucky fans will be full on basketball season mode.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.