YouTube TV...Yea or Nay?

Jumper_Dad

DirectTV Now (their streaming service, which is probably actually ATT Now) keeps raising the price on us. Up to over $80 a month.

I've talked to quite a few friends and I think we might be making the jump to YouTube TV. Looks like it is $49.99 a month and their channel lineup is great for my household at least. All the local channels, plus the SEC Network and Fox Sports Ohio, means I'm set.

Anyone that was using it still happy? @JDEaston @akw4572

Side note, sucks seeing so many people I used to interact with no longer members on this site.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't leave it! The built in DVR is tremendous, and using it on devices is very easy. Best streaming service I've experienced by far. There is a free trial to give it a go.

Awesome to hear. The unlimited DVR is a big selling point, plus I like their channel lineup.

I have been texting my way and I said I think we need to signup for the free 2-week trial tonight and go from there. Thanks!

I've been using YouTube Tv for a little over a month now and have no complaints at all. A friend and I share the account which makes it $25 a month for us. Mtv and History were almost deal breakers for us as they are not on Youtube Tv, but we use Philo (another streaming service) for $20 a month and it has those channels. All in all $35 a month for every channel we want and unlimited dvr.

With PlayStation Vue shutting down at the end of the month, I've moved to YouTube TV because it has all the sports channels I need. It does not have the Hallmark channels, though, which Mrs. S requires, so I also purchase FrndlyTV for $7.99/month so she can watch those channels and UP TV. I also ala carte Britbox, Acorn, and Showtime for her, and maintain a minimum subscription to Hulu.

I have had YoutubeTV for the past couple of weeks. I haven't had really any problems so far only a few times where it has lagged. I am having people over for the first time since we switched for the Super Bowl so I am hoping it works sufficiently. I watched the playoff games and basketball games and havent had any problems. One thing though I am struggling with is if it lags or I press the pause button on accident getting my feed to the most live. I click and fast forward but then it buffers for a bit and I am not sure if it actually live at that point might be 15-30 seconds off which might be as good as I can get it.

• 3 weeks later...

Made the switch to YoutubeTV last week from Diretv. Went from $200 per month to around $50 per month. I only lost 1 channel. The History Channel....Bought 3 Amazon Fire Sticks to Stream with even though I had a Smart TV. The Fire Stick is by far the Best way to Stream....IMO! I love it so far!