YouTube TV...Yea or Nay?

Jumper_Dad

So after 45 minutes on the phone with spectrum reps today after my monthly bill for cable, internet, and home phone went from $197 to $212 after the yearly promo expired, I found this out: all twc customers kept their twc package after spectrum bought it out. If you want to make changes, you have to go with spectrums packages. Their best package deal for me is $223! When I look up their pricing online for the same thing it’s 173. They said that is for new or returning customers and I can’t get that price. I explained that I’ve been looking into other options for cable and am going to do some of the free trials to see what works best, then asked for the price of just internet and phone with no cable. She quoted it at $90 a month. If I package that with the ps vue $50 service, I go from $212 to $140. It will take the expense of buying 2 Roku elite boxes, but target will have them for $50 after thanksgiving. Shoot, ps vue allows you to stream up to 5 devices at once and have 5 cloud dvr profiles, so I could split the $50 monthly cost with my son who now has his own house and spectrum will lose another cable customer.....I really hope ps vue works great on Roku!

I know streaming won’t be as convenient to watch as cable, but for a $850+ yearly savings I might be worth it. We already have Roku on 2 TVs and use the spectrum app and it isn’t that bad to use. We might lose a couple stations we sometimes watch but oh well. Losing the outdoors channel will hit me hard but I’ll have to find some other access to uncle ted and the gang.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone do ps vue? If so, how do you like it? What device do you access it on...like Roku, amazon fire, etc? How fast does it take to start watching a channel from the moment you turn on the equipment? What about the cloud dvr? What else can you say about it?

• 3 weeks later...
Considering Playstation Vue since I have a PS4. I have two Apple TV 3rd gen. which don't support it. Which is best a Roku, Apple TV 4, or Firestick?

I love our Roku's, a Roku 3 and a Premier. Have the Firestick as well, it's not bad but the Roku Streaming Stick Plus gets better ratings if you want to go with a stick. Never owned an Apple TV, heard good things but the price is a bit much and it doesn't doesn’t support all the music services if that's important to you.

• 6 months later...
I've had YouTube TV for a month now. I'm loving it. Bought a Roku Ultra for it, the guide is as fast as my old Cable guide now, it zips around. Can't even tell it's streamed.

You still loving YouTube TV? It looks like they may have added a few channels over the last 6 months, did you notice any new channels?

You still loving YouTube TV? It looks like they may have added a few channels over the last 6 months, did you notice any new channels?

I've had zero problems. Just make sure you have a good internet connection. I think maybe the new channels were the Nat Geo ones? I'm streaming to a 70" TV and you can't tell it's streamed.

I recently switched to YouTube tv as well, so far I love it, picture quality is actually better than cable services and the dish companies. I dropped everything from spectrum other than 400mb internet after the bill kept rising, I'm saving close to $50 a month and still have the channels I want. I'll try PlayStation Vue as well just to compare the two and decide which one I want to stick with. But YouTube tv is solid.

I recently switched to YouTube tv as well, so far I love it, picture quality is actually better than cable services and the dish companies. I dropped everything from spectrum other than 400mb internet after the bill kept rising, I'm saving close to $50 a month and still have the channels I want. I'll try PlayStation Vue as well just to compare the two and decide which one I want to stick with. But YouTube tv is solid.

You get local network channels as well, right?

You get local network channels as well, right?

Yup. If you travel and watch it, it will adjust to the locals for the area you are currently in. It covers everything I watch other than premium channels with the exception of A&E, that's the only channel I miss having.