“6A” Louisville or rest of Kentucky

Who will be the 6A Champs?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 6A Champs?

For the 6A Championship, would you take the Louisville schools or any team in the rest of the state?

Louisville contenders:

Male, St.X, Trinity, Butler, Manual, and Ballard.

Kentucky contenders:

Frederick Douglass, Scott County, Henry Clay, Simon Kenton, Campbell County, and North Hardin.

Any other 6A team not listed as contender is given as the field for each option.

While I ultimately feel Male could beat any other team in the state on any given night, as the saying goes, "that's why we play the games." If any non Louisville school were to win I think it would be Frederick Douglass.

Frederick Douglass's schedule doesn't impress me (not really their fault being a new school) & Scott Co. has shown that they can be vulnerable but have a tougher schedule than Douglass. If Douglass destroys Scott Co. this week, then we have something to talk about.

I don't think Henry Clay is in the discussion at this point, even with an impressive win over Scott Co. @ Scott Co, BUT they still host Douglass in 3 weeks & that could change the lay of the land if they beat the Broncos. Never count out Sam Simpson if he gets a head of steam behind him with his team.

I haven't seen Simon Kenton, Campbell Co. or North Hardin to speak on them.

Can someone post up a playoff bracket with the districts listed?

Frederick Douglass's schedule doesn't impress me (not really their fault being a new school) & Scott Co. has shown that they can be vulnerable but have a tougher schedule than Douglass. If Douglass destroys Scott Co. this week, then we have something to talk about.

I don't think Henry Clay is in the discussion at this point, even with an impressive win over Scott Co. @ Scott Co, BUT they still host Douglass in 3 weeks & that could change the lay of the land if they beat the Broncos. Never count out Sam Simpson if he gets a head of steam behind him with his team.

I haven't seen Simon Kenton, Campbell Co. or North Hardin to speak on them.

Can someone post up a playoff bracket with the districts listed?

Region 1 D1 vs D4

Region 2 D3 vs D2

Region 3 D5 vs D8

Region 4 D7 vs D6

That is how regions and districts line up for 2018. West part of state is Region 1&2. East is 3&4.

Does anybody really think FD deserves the hype they are getting, or is it more or “We want someone outside of Louisville to be good.”

Douglass' hype likely has more to do with it being a "down" year in Louisville. Trinity and X aren't as good as some past years. Butler is good but not compared to Male. Same for Manual and Ballard. So Douglass is filling a void even without tons of proof at this point that they are worthy.

I'm taking Frederick Douglass. They got it all. D1 Lineman, Receivers, Qb, and a great Coach. They got a few kids with D1 offers, and the best Junior lineman in the state in Walker Parks. Demarco Fishback is just as good as any back in Louisville. They got athletes all over the field.