Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton at Ludlow cancelled

Featured Replies

Thursday night game at Ludlow has apparently been cancelled due to Dayton only having 12 healthy bodies.

Cancelled or forfeited?

  • Author

I assume they would have to forfeit.

Ouch!!!

 

Not good. Dayton had 29 roster players to start the season.

One of these is the young lady kicker, and there were four freshmen.

 

That's a lot of injury/attrition.

I hate to hear it Greendevils.

I wasn’t aware that this was going on, hate to hear this for Dayton.

Thursday night game at Ludlow has apparently been cancelled due to Dayton only having 12 healthy bodies.

 

Back in my day we traveled on a yellow bus for 3 hours to go play Raceland. We only had 13 players and one of those 13 players forgot his helmet. Yet we still played lol Needless to say the results werent pretty.

 

So I definitely understand needing to cancel with 12 players.

Tonight at my sons football game, a guy I went to high school with (not Dayton), and lives in Dayton said they had to cancel the rest of the season

 

Any truth to that?

Wasn't there talk a few years ago of merging Newport, Dayton, and Bellevue into one school?

Wasn't there talk a few years ago of merging Newport, Dayton, and Bellevue into one school?

 

Always is talk...I don't see Newport being apart of it but one day Bellevue and Dayton will be forced to combine. The youth football program already has, now called the River City Ducks. Not sure where they could build one High School. I imagine there would be a million challenges in order to combine athletic programs while still having 2 separate schools.

Always is talk...I don't see Newport being apart of it but one day Bellevue and Dayton will be forced to combine. The youth football program already has, now called the River City Ducks. Not sure where they could build one High School. I imagine there would be a million challenges in order to combine athletic programs while still having 2 separate schools.

 

I thought the plan would be to merge Bellevue, Dayton, and Newport in Newport high school. Maybe that isn't the plan, but I thought it was floated as a possibility.

Always is talk...I don't see Newport being apart of it but one day Bellevue and Dayton will be forced to combine. The youth football program already has, now called the River City Ducks. Not sure where they could build one High School. I imagine there would be a million challenges in order to combine athletic programs while still having 2 separate schools.

 

Not sure how big their schools are compared to capacity but you might have a situation where certain grades go to the existing Dayton school and the other grades go to Bellevue.

  • Author

Looking at both schools rosters, and the junior high Ducks roster-Bellevue and Dayton will both have a hard time fielding football teams next year. Bellevue is graduating almost half of their team, and the pipeline moving up from junior high is sparse.

I was told by a retired school principal that it used to be "Independent" school districts could not merge, but would have to be consumed by the "county." Maybe someone more in the know can confirm or deny.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.