Everything posted by oldschoolallstate
-
Thoughts on 1st Round Byes?
I do not like the "Byes". Playoffs used to be a reward for the better teams. Too many classes as well. Makes for some watered down early playoff games.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #7 Newport Central Catholic vs. Shawnee
Why would a player not be suspended for an ejection? Still think NCC rolls easily in 1st round. I remember seeing posts about this last year, but don't remember, is the rule one game or two?
-
Class 5A Playoffs: #1 Covington Catholic vs. Woodford County
I'm excited to see if the Woodford Reserves get in the second half. I hear they have aged well...
-
1A Bishop Brossart vs. 1A Raceland
Ramland wins in a blowout.
-
Somerset's defense
Yes, but that average would be a lot higher if they played Beechwood more than a quarter and two minutes (gave up 28). The Briar Jumpers, by the way my favorite mascot name in KY,had no problems with Danville and LCA. Holding Hazard and Raceland down is a big deal. I am hoping the Jumpers go far. I see them at least making it to Regional Final this year. A lot of teams sometimes have that one game where things go sideways, hoping they had theirs up north and hey seem to be finding their groove.
-
Simon Kenton 27 Campbell County 7
Fake punt, absolutely- you want to keep possession and bleed out the clock. FG, no.
-
Beechwood 62 Ludlow 13
Both teams in my opinion handle themselves with class. Ludlow is doing things the right way and getting better. I think they have a great chance for a win in the playoffs. The Tigers are a class program and play their starters until the running clock, that is what you are supposed to do. It's a shame it only takes one disgruntled fan to reflect poorly on a program. In terms of the game. Ludlow has a lot of positives. They have a strong running game and a good defensive line. They made running the ball difficult for Beechwood at times. In my opinion they got away from that running game when they were down a couple scores, and it played into the Tigers favor. In the end, the Tigers just had too many weapons and options. I am sure the rest of Ludlow is proud of their team. They will match up very well with NewCath going forward.
-
2A #9 Lloyd vs. Newport
Lloyd has played a much tougher schedule, more experience and more speed. Jugs by 2 TD.
-
NKY 6A "Super District" - Who wins it?
SK is still better than rest of NKY 6A.
-
Dayton at Ludlow cancelled
This is very sad.
-
1A #1 Beechwood vs. Bellevue (10/4)
Either way, Tigers win. The red ones should win big.
-
6A #7 Simon Kenton vs. 1A #1 Beechwood
Special teams put SK in a big hole, in a hurry!
-
Who are the Top 5 Football Teams in Kentucky?
I would put Mayfield in that top 5 now.
-
Better defense: Covington Catholic or South Warren?
It's definitely hard to say without seeing both in-person. Personally, I think CCH's offense is a little stronger than their defense (based on the only game I saw live). Mayer is a beast on both sides of the ball.
-
1A #1 Beechwood at 2A Covington Holy Cross 9/22
But lost to 1A semi finalist by more than 40pts. May have won 2A, but would not have got out of district if fewer classes.
-
Who are the Top 5 Football Teams in Kentucky?
just this old guy's opinion- but I think when it's all said and done in 2018- I think once Trinity gets in to district play and not prepping for and recovering from USA Today schedule they will be just fine
-
Who are the Top 5 Football Teams in Kentucky?
1. Cov Cath- size, speed, depth 2. Trinity- still better than rest (notice the spacing) next 5, flip a coin... 3. Male 4. Freddy D 5. Scott Co 5b Boyle Co 5c Corbin
-
Tie Breaker Idea
Consistency is my concern. Play by KY High School rules if it is a high school game (freshman and JV is still hs). I think the bigger issue is a district deviating from KHSAA rules.
-
1A #1 Beechwood at 2A Covington Holy Cross 9/22
Just evidence that there are too many classes in KY.
-
1A #1 Beechwood at 2A Covington Holy Cross 9/22
This game is all about clock management. Meaning, all BW has to do is remember to set their alarm clock as game is Saturday morning. And I have a feeling they are going to wake up that morning very grumpy!
-
What is the best 1A matchup this week?
looks like there is only one true 1A matchup this week (of any significance)...not sure who is home or away, but the team that will win starts with a "P". Beechwood/Corbin will be a sloberknocker and a battle! Look for Hazard to beat the BriarJumpers, and for Raceland to upset a top 10 4A team
-
2A #10 Walton-Verona at Covington Holy Cross
WV jv could put up a running clock
-
2A #8 Newport Central Catholic at 3A #4 Belfry
This will not be pretty-
-
Beechwood 28 Somerset 0
28-0 after only a quarter and a couple minutes in to 2nd quarter. Game called at 8:25 left in 2nd quarter. Beechwood scored on every possession, would have been a running clock in 1st half....dominant performance by the Tigers.
-
1A #5 Paintsville at 6A #6 Frederick Douglass
FD is NOT a 6A contender (if contender means top 4), game will be a LOT closer than what most think. Paintsville might be top 5 in 1A, but difference is not that great- ultimately fresh bodies win out in a close game, FD 26 PV 21.