6A #7 Simon Kenton vs. 1A #1 Beechwood

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Beechwood wins this game by 14 or more. SK was very fortunate to win last year and Beechwood returns most of their starters, especially upfront. SK is coming off a terrible performance against their first true test. I don’t think it will improve much this week with guys banged up

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed in some of your post you seem to think the lower the class the less quality of football, my observation and if its not true I apologize. Beechwood has a long football tradition and a very good program. The program and tradition is the important are the important words here. Any team that has good values and goals and and actually teach the kids about being a good person and player can succeed and play with any team. I highly recommend you watch when the game stands tall to get my perspective.

If ..... SK can get their injured kids back for this game, it's a literal toss-up, as to who wins. SK was humiliated last week against Highlands, and has something to prove to themselves, and their fan base. If they don't get them back, Beechwood wins by 14 or more. Good luck to both teams.

It sounds to me like Simon Kenton is already building in excuses in case they lose. In fact, I think losing Josh Derry hurts Beechwood as much as if not more than losing Farfsing hurts Simon Kenton. If Farsing plays Friday night, injuries are definitely no excuse for Simon Kenton. In addition, shouldn't the 6A program be able to overcome injuries a lot better than the 1A program?

Edited by Voice of Reason

Beechwood has no business playing with SK if SK is the program some claim them to be.

BINGO! I don't care who the 1A school is, typical or not, if SK is a top 6A program like they and some believe, then this game should be over before kickoff. If BW can compete or even beat them, then SK is far from where they think they are.

It sounds to me like Simon Kenton is already building in excuses in case they lose. In fact, I think losing Josh Derry hurts Beechwood as much as if not more than losing Farfsing hurts Simon Kenton. If Farsing plays Friday night, injuries are definitely no excuse for Simon Kenton. In addition, shouldn't the 6A program be able to overcome injuries a lot better than the 1A program?

Good points. I think the loss of Derry hampers Beechwood more than one key player would hamper SK. How about Hammack? Is he going to play?

BINGO! I don't care who the 1A school is, typical or not, if SK is a top 6A program like they and some believe, then this game should be over before kickoff. If BW can compete or even beat them, then SK is far from where they think they are.

I'd say SK has become one of the better 6A programs over the past 10-15 years. That doesn't mean this years team is a top 6A team. Not sure many SK folks are claiming otherwise.

With that said SK has a history of performing poorly during Homecoming games. If they're injured also then I'd say Beechwood by 2-3 scores.