Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Nelson the quarterback for the JV team? If yes, who is the quarterback for the freshman team?

The SK frosh play Conner tonight (The). Nelson started against Cov. Cath. I'll let you know if he starts tonight. If he doesn't Jason Turner is the number 2.

I am really looking forward to this game, especially after last year. That was a game that Beechwood mistakes gave to Simon Kenton. I expect this to be a defensive game. The Beechwood defense should be able to control Simon Kenton's offense. Simon Kenton has a strong defensive team. They like to blitz so the Tigers need to handle the many blitzes. It will be fun to see the Beechwood game plan and how they attack Simon Kenton's defense. As long as the Tigers don't turn the ball over or give up big plays, I believe they win a close game. I will go with 24-14 Beechwood.

I hope all the injured players are able to play tonight, especially the quarterback. If Beechwood is able to win I don't want any excuses.

If there is any question on condition or ability I would sit any/all players that are going to be needed in the playoffs. This game is a big deal locally but of no benefit down the road to either team.

Edited by Retiredtooearly
Forgot the period, again

Goes well beyond Farfsing as injured players are concerned. There are a number of them. As far as i know he will be playing though. One point in last weeks game SK had the 3rd string RB in the game and 4th string QB (freshman) from the 2nd series in the 2nd half til the end of the game. Apparently # 2 and #3 were already injured going in. Top 2 linebackers were out, one of them being Cogswell. That is a tough situation to deal with no matter who you are, especially HS.

Goes well beyond Farfsing as injured players are concerned. There are a number of them. As far as i know he will be playing though. One point in last weeks game SK had the 3rd string RB in the game and 4th string QB (freshman) from the 2nd series in the 2nd half til the end of the game. Apparently # 2 and #3 were already injured going in. Top 2 linebackers were out, one of them being Cogswell. That is a tough situation to deal with no matter who you are, especially HS.

I guess we will find out at kickoff. Looking at last week's stats, it looks like Sergent had the bulk of the carries at RB. He is the #1 RB or at least 1A, right? I would expect him to play. You say QB Farfsing is going to play. I don't see any tackles for Cogswell in last week's stats although it says he played, so he may have gone out of last week's game early. It will be interesting to see who plays and doesn't. We know Beechwood will be without their #1 LB and starting FB.

Coaching only goes so far, execution is what matters. Coach can have every play from every team that has ever won a game and poor execution will override that advantage. All offensive plays are designed to score right?

First and foremost, it is the players. You have to have talented players.

If the talent is close to even, then coaching and execution become deciding factors and execution is probably more important. You can have the best coaching and game plan there is, but if the players make mistakes all night then coaching doesn't matter.

Go Tigers!