Best Outreach

One thing I do not do is ask someone to come to my church if they are already going somewhere. Now thats in the Baptist Church I'm talking about. Other "Faiths" I'll just share more about what we do and encourage them to visit. The Christain Church is one I will not try to draw away. They are so close to my Faith the main difference is the Lord's Supper. (Which I disagree with).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I do not do is ask someone to come to my church if they are already going somewhere. Now thats in the Baptist Church I'm talking about. Other "Faiths" I'll just share more about what we do and encourage them to visit. The Christain Church is one I will not try to draw away. They are so close to my Faith the main difference is the Lord's Supper. (Which I disagree with).

I agree that you should not actively seek those people but I have a problem with assuming that just because they are filling a seat in a pew somewhere that they are being ministered to. I have filled that seat with no purpose for too many years of my early Christian life.

Good point Ladies, I've had people who even went to the Baptist Church complain to me about their church and then I'd encourage them to visit my church. I have no idea if that church is a good fit for them. I've gone to visit churches and couldn't wait for the service to end. Do you have any info on your church to hand out on Tuesday? Also I talked to a lot of folks who told me getting a personal phone call means a lot. And ask for prayer requests. Someone will say"I don't have a prayer need everything is going great". OK, great we will make it a "Praise prayer". Have fun.

Good point Ladies, I've had people who even went to the Baptist Church complain to me about their church and then I'd encourage them to visit my church. I have no idea if that church is a good fit for them. I've gone to visit churches and couldn't wait for the service to end. Do you have any info on your church to hand out on Tuesday? Also I talked to a lot of folks who told me getting a personal phone call means a lot. And ask for prayer requests. Someone will say"I don't have a prayer need everything is going great". OK, great we will make it a "Praise prayer". Have fun.

We are not going with the mindset of recruiting for our church. We are going to have a practical way to show God's love and our thankfulness for what they are doing.

We want people to continue to see that over and over and over about our church. God's love and our thankfulness.

And if that mindset leads someone to be a part of our family, than that is a great byproduct.

To me, "Outreach" has always mean something different than evangelism. Outreach is the church's outward example of helping the poor, needy, and those whom cannot help themselves. Historically, the church had a "poorbox" and money was used from it to feed, clothe, and shelter the poor. We can do the same today. So, in my opinion, outreach money should be a substantial portion of a church's budget (your heart is where your money is) and should be used for soup kitchens, building houses, winterizing homes for the elderly, buying winter coats for needy children, a Christmas toy drive maybe, making repairs to the local domestic violence or teen pregnancy center, bussing seniors from nursing homes to their doctors appointments, etc. etc. etc. Part of this is also a budget to have to give to persons who need assistance paying their light bill, for medication, etc.

There are many great things that are done under the rubric of outreach that really are more evangelism. Some good ones I have seen would be having a bible study at the local KOA campground and at the local jail, sponsoring yourth sports teams, etc.

We have been in a Three YEAR Study on OutReach at our Church. Teaching fellow members the process that I mentioned in earlier posts. My wife is working on their FCA Sports Auction for November 6th Monday and was using our PC until 1 AM and by the time I got on just to read comments on here I was real tired and didn't proofreaf my post. I ususally spend more time correcting my mistakes than anything on here...sorry about that. I use spel cheke a lot.

We have been in a Three YEAR Study on OutReach at our Church. Teaching fellow members the process that I mentioned in earlier posts. My wife is working on their FCA Sports Auction for November 6th Monday and was using our PC until 1 AM and by the time I got on just to read comments on here I was real tired and didn't proofreaf my post. I ususally spend more time correcting my mistakes than anything on here...sorry about that. I use spel cheke a lot.

That is part of my focus. Beyond the actual programs/projects/services of actually getting out into the community, getting the congregation to realize that it is each and every one of them individually and not the church as a whole doing something and it coming from the church. It is better when they each one is involved and doing it in their life rather than always waiting on the church to do something as "the church."

Our Election Day project went good. The people running the polls seemed to be appreciative. We simply told them our name and we were from X church and we just wanted to show our appreciation for pretty much volunteering your time for Election Day. Here is doughnuts, juice and milk. Thank you.

I am in charge of coordinating Outreach activities at my church as well as trying to develop a mindset of Outreach to our members. So I have a two-fold question.

1)What is the best way that you have been a part in helping the members to adopt a truly strong heart in wanting to reach out to the community.

2)What programs have you witnessed or been a part of that have truly helped your church to reach out to the community.

I am looking for ways to show the community the love of Jesus Christ.

I generally stay out of this forum; but was just reading some threads in here and had to respond to this one. I think it's sort of weird that you're promoting what essentially is recruiting, while often protesting against what you call "recruiting" on the part of the private high schools in KY. :confused:

I generally stay out of this forum; but was just reading some threads in here and had to respond to this one. I think it's sort of weird that you're promoting what essentially is recruiting, while often protesting against what you call "recruiting" on the part of the private high schools in KY. :confused:

Based upon your posts, I will take it that you are a new poster.

There is a thread in there from last January where I posted my suggestions. Notice in that thread, I do not separate on solely public/private thread. I have also posted that if there was a non-Catholic, Christian private school for my children to attend that was within a 45-minute drive (one way), they would.

But I still would not believe that the public schools and any private, urban school are on an equal playing field. My view has consistently been that the rural urban aspect of it is where the majority of the problems arise from.