BGP QOTD: Everybody should do [Blank] at least once in their life.

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Some may benefit from where they live to routinely be able to enjoy this, but for many of us city dwellers I'd say go once, if not many more times to a dark location at night away from the city lights and take in a starry sky.

Many generations of humans before us saw this amazing sight on a regular basis, however increasingly since the Industrial Revolution so many of us go entire lifetimes with nary the opportunity for having been drenched in light pollution on the daily.

Something so simple and basic to our human experience, and now we rarely ever get the chance.

It almost feels like a wasted life, myself included, to not have been able to take in the wondrous beauty of this more regularly.

It may feel like modern conveniences have given us so much, but it also sorta feels more like they have taken away so much more.

Skydive
That's exactly what I was going to say. I did it once....many moons ago. It wasn't really skydiving as we were on a static line that pulled the chute open as you left the plane. Nevertheless, I was very glad when the chute filled with air.

That's exactly what I was going to say. I did it once....many moons ago. It wasn't really skydiving as we were on a static line that pulled the chute open as you left the plane. Nevertheless, I was very glad when the chute filled with air.

If you jump out of a plane, you went skydiving, static line or not.