Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Le'Veon Bell

Featured Replies

That's what bothers me about the situation. I've seen analysis in some places where they talked about him wanting Gurley money, but that Gurley was two years younger. Yeah, but Bell was that age when the Steelers decided they'd rather not pay him what he's worth. It's not that I exactly blame the Steelers organization - they made a calculated estimate that they could grab two more years from Bell without getting locked in long term, and then they'd move on. Their last offer this offseason was around $14 million a year, but only $33 million of it guaranteed, to be paid over the first two years. So essentially he was going to get nearly $16.5 million over this year (a slight raise over his franchise tag) and next year, but by that point he'd be entering an offseason at 28 with no guaranteed money. Slow down or get hurt? Cut him, nothing's guaranteed. That is absolutely what the Steelers would have done. Bell has rightly seen that this is the only monster deal he will ever get, and I don't understand why anyone blames him for trying to gain leverage against an organization that has done nothing but use their leverage against him. Or for thinking "Hey, maybe I shouldn't show up so they can run me into the ground and then throw me away."

 

I don't blame Bell, but I don't blame Pittsburgh either. He's proven to be unreliable in terms of actually being on the field. This is his 6th NFL season, and the 4th time he's missed the season opener. Twice due to suspensions, once due to injury, and now a holdout. He's also been injured multiple times.

 

He's missed 19 of the 81 games of his professional career. That's almost 25%.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be interested to see what teams are willing to pay him $18 million a year when he's gone.

I don't blame Bell, but I don't blame Pittsburgh either. He's proven to be unreliable in terms of actually being on the field. This is his 6th NFL season, and the 4th time he's missed the season opener. Twice due to suspensions, once due to injury, and now a holdout. He's also been injured multiple times.

 

He's missed 19 of the 81 games of his professional career. That's almost 25%.

 

Yeah, but pay him though...

With him turning 27 in February he may have waited too long to do this. He needs to find 30 mill guaranteed and sign immediately. It’s hard to believe with him not signing the tag this year, that Andy Dalton next year, will make as much in one year as Bell has in his entire career so far.

I will be interested to see what teams are willing to pay him $18 million a year when he's gone.

 

I feel like if he can simply get more guaranteed money, then he'd likely back off the $17-$18 mil. I could be wrong. Gurley got four years, $60 million, but $45 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $20 million. I think Bell would sign a deal for $14 million over 4-5 years if it had at least 75% of that guaranteed.

I feel like if he can simply get more guaranteed money, then he'd likely back off the $17-$18 mil. I could be wrong. Gurley got four years, $60 million, but $45 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $20 million. I think Bell would sign a deal for $14 million over 4-5 years if it had at least 75% of that guaranteed.

 

That may be the case. I really hope he gets what he's looking for, he has just handled this poorly, IMO.

I feel like if he can simply get more guaranteed money, then he'd likely back off the $17-$18 mil. I could be wrong. Gurley got four years, $60 million, but $45 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $20 million. I think Bell would sign a deal for $14 million over 4-5 years if it had at least 75% of that guaranteed.

 

Gurley has missed ~6% of games since entering the league. Bell has missed almost 4x that. No chance I'd offer him anywhere close to the same guarantee.

Gurley has missed ~6% of games since entering the league. Bell has missed almost 4x that. No chance I'd offer him anywhere close to the same guarantee.

 

Gurley is also a few years younger. I get where both sides are coming from. The Steelers have most of the leverage in this spot though, as Bell is losing money AND time. Bell is at that point where the decline could start to happen anytime, and giving up a year when you've only got so many left is risky (although playing for less than value is too). If Conner keeps playing well, the Steelers end up with even more leverage. Let's not get crazy though, with the thought that Conner is as good as LB. Conner played really well in one game. And even in that game, I don't see the explosiveness that Lev has.

I still can’t believe how many teammates are against Bell in this holdout. That is not normal.

I still can’t believe how many teammates are against Bell in this holdout. That is not normal.

 

That’s what you call crappy teammates. That stuff is supposed to stay in the locker room.

Gurley has missed ~6% of games since entering the league. Bell has missed almost 4x that. No chance I'd offer him anywhere close to the same guarantee.

 

I’m assuming you wouldn’t have paid OBJ what he got, either? Or Aaron Rodgers?

I’m assuming you wouldn’t have paid OBJ what he got, either? Or Aaron Rodgers?

 

Beckham, nope.

 

Rodgers yes.

 

Right or wrong a QB is a hell of a lot more valuable than a WR or a RB. Fact is Bell, even as good as he is, is very easily replaceable. Rodgers isn’t.

Beckham, nope.

 

Rodgers yes.

 

Right or wrong a QB is a hell of a lot more valuable than a WR or a RB. Fact is Bell, even as good as he is, is very easily replaceable. Rodgers isn’t.

 

Bell isn’t replaceable and I am amazed that people overlook his skill set. He’s the most complete RB since LaDanian Tomlinson. The fact that he is 27 and hasn’t truly been able to cash in on his talent is absurd.

  • Author
Bell isn’t replaceable and I am amazed that people overlook his skill set. He’s the most complete RB since LaDanian Tomlinson. The fact that he is 27 and hasn’t truly been able to cash in on his talent is absurd.

 

Put him on the Colts or Detroit and he doesn't do anything. Bell has a great oline that makes his job easier.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.