Le'Veon Bell

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of interesting angles to think about if Bell waits till week 11.

Yep....If Conner keeps up what he did week 1, there'd be no reason for the Steelers to even play Bell at that point.

If he comes back week 11 and gets hurt because he's not in good game shape, that's a huge hit to his earning potential on his next contract.

Of course, he could also come back and be fresh and just steamroll tired, banged up defenses and his value could skyrocket.

Lots of ways it could go. Lots of risk, potential for a huge reward as well.

He can sit out the 1st 10 weeks and still accrue enough service time to qualify for a year of service and hit free agency at season's end. If he doesn't report by week 11, he is still under Steelers control next season.

What happens if he comes back Week 10 and winds up getting injured or something in week 11? Since he came back, even the games he is injured still count towards service time probably, right?

No doubt. QBs can be good into their late 30s, in some cases longer. WRs and RBs have such a short shelf-life they just aren't worth the mega bucks IMO.

May not be apples to apples...but the Patriots have done quite well without an elite RB.

He's replaceable in the sense that, as HT said, you can have the 15th best RB in the league, at a fraction of the cost, and not suffer much of a drop in production.

He's one hell of a talent, but there's a lot of RBs in the league Pitt could insert into their backfield and still end the season in the same spot as they would with Le'Veon IMO.

I guess I just appreciate his talent more than most folks.

The fact that his teammates are speaking out against him, makes me wonder if he is actually the crappy teammate. Seems like players are almost always in favor of their teammates getting paid. It's almost always "us against them" in these situations. Makes me wonder what kind of teammate Bell has been to them for him to not receive their support.

A couple of offensive linemen talked crap. Antonio Brown spoke out in his defense. How many people total spoke out? Three? Four? 55 people on the team, three talk crap, one defends him and now he’s a crappy teammate?

Yep....If Conner keeps up what he did week 1, there'd be no reason for the Steelers to even play Bell at that point.

If he comes back week 11 and gets hurt because he's not in good game shape, that's a huge hit to his earning potential on his next contract.

Of course, he could also come back and be fresh and just steamroll tired, banged up defenses and his value could skyrocket.

Lots of ways it could go. Lots of risk, potential for a huge reward as well.

Connor playing well enough to keep him on the sidelines would be the best case scenario for him.

Edited by PurplePride92

"Give me a max deal, even though a Rookie put up the same numbers."

Yeah, I don't see that scenario working in his favor.

Keep Connor on the field, Bell on the sidelines keeps his body fresh. He’ll be a free agent at the end of the year. I’ll be shocked if he plays in Pittsburgh after this season. Some team will pay him what he wants and he can use this year off as leverage for the wear and tear on his body. He ain’t getting beat up on the sidelines.