Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Le'Veon Bell

Featured Replies

Beckham, nope.

 

Rodgers yes.

 

Right or wrong a QB is a hell of a lot more valuable than a WR or a RB. Fact is Bell, even as good as he is, is very easily replaceable. Rodgers isn’t.

 

I would pay QB's insane amounts, no one else would get over market value. In the vast majority of cases you are not winning the Super Bowl without an elite QB. There are exceptions but not many. Folks, Dilfer, Brad Johnson, are a few exceptions but each of these teams had once in a team's lifetime defenses.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bell isn’t replaceable and I am amazed that people overlook his skill set. He’s the most complete RB since LaDanian Tomlinson. The fact that he is 27 and hasn’t truly been able to cash in on his talent is absurd.

The drop of from RB 1 and RB 15 is significantly less than the drop off from QB 1 to QB 15. Draft em early run them into the ground and let them go is going to be the new stragety.

Put him on the Colts or Detroit and he doesn't do anything. Bell has a great oline that makes his job easier.

 

The OL makes it easier but if RBs like him who can catch and run aren’t a dime a dozen. A lot of the Steelers success without Bell has help from Antonio Brown. I’d love to know Big Ben and AB’s numbers when Bell is off the field compared to when he is on it.

The drop of from RB 1 and RB 15 is significantly less than the drop off from QB 1 to QB 15. Draft em early run them into the ground and let them go is going to be the new stragety.

 

For sure. That doesn’t change my mind about Bell deserving his money.

Beckham, nope.

 

Rodgers yes.

 

Right or wrong a QB is a hell of a lot more valuable than a WR or a RB. Fact is Bell, even as good as he is, is very easily replaceable. Rodgers isn’t.

 

Agreed. Now tell folks to quit whining about the new rules where you can’t touch QBs. They are worth 100M dollars. Can’t have the product unable to play.

Bell isn’t replaceable and I am amazed that people overlook his skill set. He’s the most complete RB since LaDanian Tomlinson. The fact that he is 27 and hasn’t truly been able to cash in on his talent is absurd.

 

He's replaceable in the sense that, as HT said, you can have the 15th best RB in the league, at a fraction of the cost, and not suffer much of a drop in production.

 

He's one hell of a talent, but there's a lot of RBs in the league Pitt could insert into their backfield and still end the season in the same spot as they would with Le'Veon IMO.

Agreed. Now tell folks to quit whining about the new rules where you can’t touch QBs. They are worth 100M dollars. Can’t have the product unable to play.

 

No doubt. QBs can be good into their late 30s, in some cases longer. WRs and RBs have such a short shelf-life they just aren't worth the mega bucks IMO.

I still can’t believe how many teammates are against Bell in this holdout. That is not normal.

 

That’s what you call crappy teammates. That stuff is supposed to stay in the locker room.

 

The fact that his teammates are speaking out against him, makes me wonder if he is actually the crappy teammate. Seems like players are almost always in favor of their teammates getting paid. It's almost always "us against them" in these situations. Makes me wonder what kind of teammate Bell has been to them for him to not receive their support.

He's one hell of a talent, but there's a lot of RBs in the league Pitt could insert into their backfield and still end the season in the same spot as they would with Le'Veon IMO.

 

100% correct.

The fact that his teammates are speaking out against him, makes me wonder if he is actually the crappy teammate. Seems like players are almost always in favor of their teammates getting paid. It's almost always "us against them" in these situations. Makes me wonder what kind of teammate Bell has been to them for him to not receive their support.

 

I think it's pretty obvious that Bell hasn't been a stellar teammate, and it's not because he wants his money.

If Bell sits out the entire season, is he a free agent? I seem to remember that he has to be on the roster for at least half their games for the season to count towards him being eligible for free agency. What is the rule on this?

If Bell sits out the entire season, is he a free agent? I seem to remember that he has to be on the roster for at least half their games for the season to count towards him being eligible for free agency. What is the rule on this?

 

I'm not positive but I believe I heard something about him having to report by week 10 for his free agency to not be affected. Could be completely wrong on this though as I heard it on a podcast.

I'm not positive but I believe I heard something about him having to report by week 10 for his free agency to not be affected. Could be completely wrong on this though as I heard it on a podcast.

 

He can sit out the 1st 10 weeks and still accrue enough service time to qualify for a year of service and hit free agency at season's end. If he doesn't report by week 11, he is still under Steelers control next season.

If I am Bell, I sit till I have to play to get the service time. I would not play on a one year deal. The way NFL contracts work and the way the NFL now generally sees running backs as disposable, Bell needs to get all the guaranteed money he can.

If I am Bell, I sit till I have to play to get the service time. I would not play on a one year deal. The way NFL contracts work and the way the NFL now generally sees running backs as disposable, Bell needs to get all the guaranteed money he can.

 

Agree. This is Bell's one big contract for his career. He's gotta do what he needs to do to make sure he maxes on this deal. and staying healthy this year is a big part of it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.