September 10, 20188 yr He had 11 touchdowns (9 rushing, 2 receiving), and four 100-yard rushing games last season. I’m not saying you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference if he were gone, that’s foolish. But those aren’t numbers that can’t be matched by someone else. You're a smart football guy, with players like Leveon it's more than just the numbers its their presence on the field and the effect he has on the other teams gameplan. Bell had a rough beginning to last season as well due to his holdout and missing camp. His numbers don't reflect what we know he's capable of.
September 10, 20188 yr Based off 1 game? That’s an insult to Leveon to compare Conner to him. Agreed. But let them stew in their hatred. They’ll be fine. A divorce is needed in that situation anyways.
September 10, 20188 yr Watching the Bears/Packers game right now the Pack sure could use him. They'll be inserting Aaron Jones in week 3.
September 10, 20188 yr All you need to know about Bell is that his teammates basically threw him under the bus last week for not reporting. You generally do not see players getting in the way of other players earning, but they sure were for him. I do not get the sense he is well liked in the locker room.
September 10, 20188 yr All you need to know about Bell is that his teammates basically threw him under the bus last week for not reporting. You generally do not see players getting in the way of other players earning, but they sure were for him. I do not get the sense he is well liked in the locker room. Exactly. Most of the time when someone holds out, their teammates are in full support. That isn't the case here.
September 10, 20188 yr I mean, Antonio Brown has his back....:idunno: AB doesn't block for him. :lol2:
September 12, 20188 yr Those newly released photos of him partying in FL aren't helping his cause either.
September 12, 20188 yr He got word they were gonna run him into the ground on the final year of his deal then let him go. Wonder why he wants a long term deal?
September 12, 20188 yr He got word they were gonna run him into the ground on the final year of his deal then let him go. Wonder why he wants a long term deal? I get it. The life span of a RB is short. Long term security is advantageous for any NFL player, especially a RB.
September 12, 20188 yr I get it. The life span of a RB is short. Long term security is advantageous for any NFL player, especially a RB. Yup, he’s also 27 in February. He’s entering the back 9. Up until last years tag, he was running for free. Last year was the first year his salary was over a million.
September 12, 20188 yr Yup, he’s also 27 in February. He’s entering the back 9. Up until last years tag, he was running for free. Last year was the first year his salary was over a million. That's what bothers me about the situation. I've seen analysis in some places where they talked about him wanting Gurley money, but that Gurley was two years younger. Yeah, but Bell was that age when the Steelers decided they'd rather not pay him what he's worth. It's not that I exactly blame the Steelers organization - they made a calculated estimate that they could grab two more years from Bell without getting locked in long term, and then they'd move on. Their last offer this offseason was around $14 million a year, but only $33 million of it guaranteed, to be paid over the first two years. So essentially he was going to get nearly $16.5 million over this year (a slight raise over his franchise tag) and next year, but by that point he'd be entering an offseason at 28 with no guaranteed money. Slow down or get hurt? Cut him, nothing's guaranteed. That is absolutely what the Steelers would have done. Bell has rightly seen that this is the only monster deal he will ever get, and I don't understand why anyone blames him for trying to gain leverage against an organization that has done nothing but use their leverage against him. Or for thinking "Hey, maybe I shouldn't show up so they can run me into the ground and then throw me away."
September 12, 20188 yr Yup, he’s also 27 in February. He’s entering the back 9. Up until last years tag, he was running for free. Last year was the first year his salary was over a million. Seriously? That’s crazy as hell. Makes me hate the Steelers more.
September 12, 20188 yr That's what bothers me about the situation. I've seen analysis in some places where they talked about him wanting Gurley money, but that Gurley was two years younger. Yeah, but Bell was that age when the Steelers decided they'd rather not pay him what he's worth. It's not that I exactly blame the Steelers organization - they made a calculated estimate that they could grab two more years from Bell without getting locked in long term, and then they'd move on. Their last offer this offseason was around $14 million a year, but only $33 million of it guaranteed, to be paid over the first two years. So essentially he was going to get nearly $16.5 million over this year (a slight raise over his franchise tag) and next year, but by that point he'd be entering an offseason at 28 with no guaranteed money. Slow down or get hurt? Cut him, nothing's guaranteed. That is absolutely what the Steelers would have done. Bell has rightly seen that this is the only monster deal he will ever get, and I don't understand why anyone blames him for trying to gain leverage against an organization that has done nothing but use their leverage against him. Or for thinking "Hey, maybe I shouldn't show up so they can run me into the ground and then throw me away." THANK YOU!!!!!!
September 12, 20188 yr That's what bothers me about the situation. I've seen analysis in some places where they talked about him wanting Gurley money, but that Gurley was two years younger. Yeah, but Bell was that age when the Steelers decided they'd rather not pay him what he's worth. It's not that I exactly blame the Steelers organization - they made a calculated estimate that they could grab two more years from Bell without getting locked in long term, and then they'd move on. Their last offer this offseason was around $14 million a year, but only $33 million of it guaranteed, to be paid over the first two years. So essentially he was going to get nearly $16.5 million over this year (a slight raise over his franchise tag) and next year, but by that point he'd be entering an offseason at 28 with no guaranteed money. Slow down or get hurt? Cut him, nothing's guaranteed. That is absolutely what the Steelers would have done. Bell has rightly seen that this is the only monster deal he will ever get, and I don't understand why anyone blames him for trying to gain leverage against an organization that has done nothing but use their leverage against him. Or for thinking "Hey, maybe I shouldn't show up so they can run me into the ground and then throw me away." I don't blame Leveon Bell one bit for what he's doing. I also don't blame the Steelers one bit for what they are doing. They are both looking out for themselves. With the way Conner looked on Sunday, if he remotely keeps that up, the Steelers are feeling just fine. That's the business.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.