Region 1 Rankings - End of Regular Season Edition (Post Your Polls Here)

DragonFire

The Tilghman-Hoptown game was much closer than the score ... it was 13-12 early in the fourth quarter and Hoptown appeared to have the momentum after their second touchdown.

As far as the punt ... it looked like the right call. Nevertheless, it was a gift.

Considering Graves beat both PT and Mayfield, who both beat Hopkinsville and was coming off a solid win over Marshall Co. and have an 8-2 record, I'd put them ahead as well...
Both of those wins were several weeks ago, and there's some evidence that Tilghman has improved quite a bit since them. I thought at the time that Tilghman and Graves were about even, and the Tornado may be a bit ahead of them right now.

Both of those wins were several weeks ago, and there's some evidence that Tilghman has improved quite a bit since them. I thought at the time that Tilghman and Graves were about even, and the Tornado may be a bit ahead of them right now.

Wouldn't argue with you there...My point was Graves and Tilghman should both be ahead of Hopkinsville.. No other voter has them ranked any higher than #8 and they're not even ranked in some polls, but, TT has them at 6. I just think thats way too high and i'm not alone in that thought..

Personally, I think Hopkinsville would beat Graves County if they played ... it would be close, but I would go with the Tigers.

Not to mention that Graves would probably get more out of playing Hopkinsville then they have some of their other non-district opponents.

Not meaning to call you out TT..I've read a good # of your posts and you know what your talking about when it comes to the Tigers....I wasn't aware of how the game was played, just looked at the score and it looked pretty convincing on the scoreboard...I would personally have PT higher and according to most pollsters on here, they would too...Considering Graves beat both PT and Mayfield, who both beat Hopkinsville and was coming off a solid win over Marshall Co. and have an 8-2 record, I'd put them ahead as well...Noone is questioning Hoptowns athleticism and capabilities, but, fact is, it's what you do on the field that matters and frankly they've been less than stellar all year...I know they've had some injuries, but, so has everyone else and thats a part of it...

My response came across worse then I meant for it to. I apologize for my rudeness.

Hoptown has had their troubles with injuries this year (Like others have). But I got to give the Coach Jones and his staff credit. They have dismissed some kids from the team that would be KEY CONTRIBUTORS to this team especially a couple of Linemen that would have been a big help with their size and tallent and up front is where the struggles are for Hoptown.

Paducah played in the same weather conditions Friday that Hoptown did and they overccame it. Hoptown isn't mudders up front and a couple of linemen missed some blocks that could have sprung E.T. or Chris Thomas for big gaines.

As for the Punt return call. It wasn't the reason Hopkinsville lost the game they lost because PT made more plays.

Personally, I think Hopkinsville would beat Graves County if they played ... it would be close, but I would go with the Tigers.

Not to mention that Graves would probably get more out of playing Hopkinsville then they have some of their other non-district opponents.

I think it would be close too, but, I'd lean towards Graves...I think there bigger, stronger lines would be the difference...Hoptown's big play capability would keep them in the game, but, I can't imagine them being able to keep Graves from pounding it right at them...

I agree, Graves could use another good non-conference game, but, with the likes of Marshall, Christian, WCentral in there district and Mayfield and Tilghman as non district games, they play a pretty good schedule already...

I think it would be close too, but, I'd lean towards Graves...I think there bigger, stronger lines would be the difference...Hoptown's big play capability would keep them in the game, but, I can't imagine them being able to keep Graves from pounding it right at them...
Some of us thought Graves could do the same thing against Christian County, too.

For what it's worth, their most recent common opponent is Christian, which edged a healthy Hoptown team and hammered Graves.

I agree, Graves could use another good non-conference game, but, with the likes of Marshall, Christian, WCentral in there district and Mayfield and Tilghman as non district games, they play a pretty good schedule already...
I would say it's a decent schedule at best. I don't have a problem with a non-district game with Calloway County, but either the bowl game opponents (Heath and Ballard Memorial) or Hancock County need to be upgraded.

Some of us thought Graves could do the same thing against Christian County, too.

They'll get there 2nd chance friday night to redeem themselves

I don't have a problem with a non-district game with Calloway County, but either the bowl game opponents (Heath and Ballard Memorial) or Hancock County need to be upgraded.

I agree...

Big Schools

1. Bowling Green

2. Warren Central

3. Christian County

4. Owensboro

5. Henderson County

6. Marshall County

7. Paducah Tilghman

8. Apollo

9. Hopkinsville

10 Graves County

Small Schools

1. Mayfield

2. Fort Campbell

3. Caldwell County

4. Monroe County

5. Owensboro Catholic

6. Trigg County

7. Metcalfe County

8. Webster County

9. Butler County

10. Russellville

Small schools

1. Fort Campbell

2. Mayfield

3. Caldwell County

4. Trigg County

5. Owensboro Catholic

6. Monroe County

7. Metcalfe County

8. Lone Oak

9. Webster County

10. Crittenden County

I want to make two changes ...

9. Butler County

10. Webster County

Some notes

Big Schools

-Bowling Green is a unanimous #1 again, and occupied the position all year except for the first week of our voting when they were #2. This is the third year of the first region poll, and each year Bowling Green has ended the year #1.

-Christian County falls to #4 this week, ending a run that saw them at #2 for 8 straight weeks. #4 is their lowest ranking of the year. This comes following their loss to....

-New #2 Warren Central, which moves up to their highest spot since they were ranked #1 in the first week of voting. They promptly lost to Bowling Green and eventually fell as low as #6 in week 4.

-Owensboro has quietly moved up to #3 again, and is considered by some to be the dark horse in their region, and by some to be the favorites.

-In all, four teams are at their highest point of the season in this poll. Bowling Green and Owensboro are at their peaks, but so are Henderson County at #5 and Graves County at #6. This is contrasted with....

-.....three teams checking in with their lowest ranks of the year. Besides Christian County, Marshall County falls to #8 following their loss to Graves County, which is their lowest rank by a full two spots. Apollo falls to #11, occupying the same position they were in when the year began.

-The best playoff matchup by ranks this week is #6 Graves County visiting #4 Christian County, a rematch from two weeks ago when Christian County won 34-14.

Small Schools

-Mayfield remains at the top, but again lose some votes to resurgent Fort Campbell.

-Speaking of Fort Campbell, they were close last week but this week complete their takeover of second place from Caldwell County thanks to some poor play of late from Caldwell. The #2 seed Fort Campbell is considered by many to be the real favorite to win the region.

-Ought to be a great matchup this week between #2 Fort Campbell and #4 Trigg County, considered to be one of the best first round games in the entire state.

-Metcalfe County drops a spot following their stunning loss to McLean County this past week. And now they get to go against them all over again.

-Speaking of rematches, Russellville has the odd quirk of being the higher ranked of the two in their rematch against Crittenden County, but having lost to them just the previous week they are traveling to Crittenden. It is the only matchup in the two polls that sees a higher ranked team traveling to a lower ranked one.

-Lone Oak has the unfortunate designation as the only ranked team to have their season already over. They play in a killer district which features five teams ranked in the top 10, and in fact they are ranked two spots ahead of the #4 seed in the district, Webster County.

Unfortunately I only did this for the big school poll, but here is the cumulative poll for the year:

(Team followed by their average rank)

1) Bowling Green - 1.1

2) Christian County - 2.3

3) Warren Central - 3.3

4) Owensboro - 3.8

5) Marshall County - 5.1

6) Henderson County - 6

T-7) Hopkinsville - 7.6

T-7) Graves County - 7.6

9) Graves County - 8.4

10) Warren East - 9.3

11) Paducah Tilghman - 9.4*

*-Paducah was not voted in every week. The three weeks they were not I approximated them one spot beyond the lowest ranked team.

The top 10 teams were all ranked each week, these teams were ranked at least once:

Paducah Tilghman (Ranked 7 weeks, three top 10 ranks)

Franklin-Simpson (Ranked 3 weeks, no top 10 ranks)

Madisonville North Hopkins (Ranked 2 weeks, no top 10 ranks)

Ohio County (Ranked 1 week, no top 10 ranks)

Allen County-Scottsville (Ranked 1 week, no top 10 ranks)

Adair County (Ranked 1 week, no top 10 ranks)

(Teams followed by their highest and lowest rank)

Bowling Green (#1 - Week 3-Week 11, #2 - Week 2)

Christian County (#2 - Week 3-Week 10, #4 - Week 11)

Warren Central (#1 - Week 2, #T-6 - Week 4)

Owensboro (#3 - Week 5, 6, 8, 11, #5 - Week 2, 3)

Marshall County (#3 - Week 4, #8 - Week 11)

Henderson County (#5 - Week 4, 10, 11, #8 - Week 2)

Hopkinsville (#4 - Week 2, #10 - Week 4, 5)

Graves County (#6 - Week 4, 11, #10 - Week 2)

Apollo (#8 - Week 5, #11 - Week 2, 11)

Warren East (#8 - Week 4, 6, #11 - Week 10)

Paducah Tilghman (#7 - Week 2, 11, NR - Week 4-6)