Taylor, OH 27 Pendleton County 6

BigRed48

They aren't staying around because kids in this area have no sense of committment at this time. They don't know what it takes to be a good football player or what it takes to make a good team. Everything in PC football so far has been about "I, I, I" or "me, me, me". A solid winter in the weight room and an attitude adjustment is what this program needs right now and they are on the right track with Coach Teegarden.:thumb:

They have always had solid winters in the weight room prior to Coach Teegarden. When they have a choice to play for a winning program or a "losing"/building program, they will choose the winning. Have seen many go to soccer instead of football for that reason. Some stick with just basketball, prior basketball coach(even though he was a good coach) discouraged his players from going out for football.

Middle school program is supposed to start in the fall. Administrative issues between the middle school and the youth league have prevented this in the past.

We also seem to have an issue with grades. I would estimate that 50% of the freshman that played youth league proir to this season did not come out or quit due to grades.

It didn't help to have as many injuries that we had this year too. Not sure if it was just a black cloud or if there was something in the conditioning that was not addressed?

We also saw monitary issues as one of the reasons some kids do not play sports at PCHS. The booster orginization is trying to build to rectify that.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have always had solid winters in the weight room prior to Coach Teegarden. When they have a choice to play for a winning program or a "losing"/building program, they will choose the winning. Have seen many go to soccer instead of football for that reason. Some stick with just basketball, prior basketball coach(even though he was a good coach) discouraged his players from going out for football.

Middle school program is supposed to start in the fall. Administrative issues between the middle school and the youth league have prevented this in the past.

We also seem to have an issue with grades. I would estimate that 50% of the freshman that played youth league proir to this season did not come out or quit due to grades.

It didn't help to have as many injuries that we had this year too. Not sure if it was just a black cloud or if there was something in the conditioning that was not addressed?

We also saw monitary issues as one of the reasons some kids do not play sports at PCHS. The booster orginization is trying to build to rectify that.

Certain players have had solid winters in the weight room. Most of this year's senior class and maybe a junior or two were dedicated in the weight room, but you can tell that there's a huge gap between them and the rest of PC's players strength wise. So, no, as a team they were not having solid winters in the weight room.

As far as losing players to other sports goes, it happens. It seems to happen here more because there is a lack of dedication. Football is a rough sport and a time consuming sport. Kids there don't realize yet that putting in the time and effort is the only way to be successful at this game. They are on the right path.

The injuries comeback again to the lack of strength. It had nothing to do with conditioning. I'm quite sure these kids were in much better shape this year than they had been in the past.

I believe that once the interest for the sport grows, you'll begin to quit having problems with keeping players for what ever reason.

Last year was the worst for football, coach gone, no leadership, no communication from anyone to anyone. Those few seniors/juniors took themselves to the weight room. Prior to last year, yes the off season was spent in the weight room and of course those would have been your junior/seniors...

As always, sports at PCHS seem to always be about how far I can go. There isn't a sport at the high school that knows what teamwork is. Hopefully things can get turned around in all sports.

Are you guys kidding me? The prior basketball coach never discouraged players from playing football. Most of them decided to play soccer on their own. In fact about half the roster did then and still does. Elliott played as well as Koenninger. If PC football wants to get better maybe they should show the same committment to it that the soccer teams and basketball teams made. To say that all sports there show no team work is a ridiculous statement. If they had no teamwork how did soccer win two regional championships and basketball one while winning 59 games over two years. :argue:

Are you guys kidding me? The prior basketball coach never discouraged players from playing football. Most of them decided to play soccer on their own. In fact about half the roster did then and still does. Elliott played as well as Koenninger. If PC football wants to get better maybe they should show the same committment to it that the soccer teams and basketball teams made. To say that all sports there show no team work is a ridiculous statement. If they had no teamwork how did soccer win two regional championships and basketball one while winning 59 games over two years. :argue:

It is the attitude of ME, my child plays sports and I see it all the time. They do not support one another, if someone is having bad game per say, they all get down. They never seem to pull together, yes the basketball team had great talent and won 59 tgames over 2 years, but the grumbling behind the scenes was evident, just ask Elliott...

As for discouraging basketball players from football, I have talked to 2 players that this happened too. I also know that Elliott went to basketball "practice" during the summer and then came to football practice in order to keep peace.

In all honesty, I will retract no teamwork in all sports at pchs, just the ones I am involved with, and that isn't soccer, so if they have it great then they need to share it...

To: CJTank74

Most of the seniors and MAYBE a junior or two?! Come on Coach, give those guys SOME credit. The new coaches weren't there for the winter...so don't make statements you can't back up. There were a whole lot more boys lifting weights BEFORE the new staff took over. Then attendance dropped way off. Instead of making negative statements about your team, why don't you help support them?

To: CJTank74

Most of the seniors and MAYBE a junior or two?! Come on Coach, give those guys SOME credit. The new coaches weren't there for the winter...so don't make statements you can't back up. There were a whole lot more boys lifting weights BEFORE the new staff took over. Then attendance dropped way off. Instead of making negative statements about your team, why don't you help support them?

Coach? I'm not a coach. I'm just a long time fan of high school football.

Attendance dropped because a little bit of discipline was put in place where there was not any in the past.

I do support the team and I also support the coaching staff. How about you make the effort to do the same and quit doing your best to run them into the ground. It's negativity like yours about your kid's coaches that make a lot of them not want to play in the first place. Let the kids make their own decisions...

As far as I know it is their first win. Someone said they had a forfeit win earlier this year, but I'm not sure on that. I do know this is their only win on the field this year. I still think you will see a turnaround in their program. Coach Hensley is truly an excellent football coach, and a fine man. Good luck to the Taylor faithful and be patient.

Yes he is a great coach and knows how to turn programs around. I know I went up there during the summer to watch their morning practice during two days. And they have some talent there, but they were very young. If I remember correctly I think they were a team full of sophomores and juniors with very few seniors. They also play in a very tough conference, so its going to be a little longer in Taylor than it did in Ludlow to turn things around. If the team and the fans will be patient and believe in him and each other that they will find success soon enough...:thumb:

Coach? I'm not a coach. I'm just a long time fan of high school football.

Attendance dropped because a little bit of discipline was put in place where there was not any in the past.

I do support the team and I also support the coaching staff. How about you make the effort to do the same and quit doing your best to run them into the ground. It's negativity like yours about your kid's coaches that make a lot of them not want to play in the first place. Let the kids make their own decisions...

Discipline? IMO, you had a very disciplined group. This program is 5 yrs old. It is not on a level of Highlands, Ryle, Campbell Co, etc. These coaches walked in to a disaster area. These kids were left high and dry over the last year. These coaches were not here to see how the football program was not told by anyone(administration) what to expect. They had just lost a coach that they all admired (without knowing why). To walk in on that and then take away everything they knew? What was started by the initial coach had become tradition to these young men and it was stripped away too. How would you feel at 15-18 years old and your entire future was blown up? Yes attendance dropped, but I do not feel it was because of discipline. It was a stand that they took, it may have hurt them in the long run, but I truly understood when the boys would make statements about not playing anymore.

I do not want to make it sound like I am not supporting the coaches/staff. I may not agree with some of their decisions but I will stand behind those kids out there on that field no matter what.

Yes he is a great coach and knows how to turn programs around. I know I went up there during the summer to watch their morning practice during two days. And they have some talent there, but they were very young. If I remember correctly I think they were a team full of sophomores and juniors with very few seniors. They also play in a very tough conference, so its going to be a little longer in Taylor than it did in Ludlow to turn things around. If the team and the fans will be patient and believe in him and each other that they will find success soon enough...:thumb:

I saw good potential with PCHS. It takes time to turn it around.

The hatred for PC football is crazy. T demands that his kids are committed and so far they haven't been. The basketball team's numbers are down too and they cut a kid for committment issues. Kids don't choose soccer over football because they want to win, they choose it because they don't know any better. Soccer has been in PC for years and football hasn't.

The committment to winning by soccer and basketball line was crazy. The basketball team's committment to win was having a 6'4" forward, a 6'6" Center, a 6'2" swingman, and a 6'8" swingman, a shooter off the bench, and PG who would distribute. Talent is not equal to committment.

The hatred for PC football is crazy. T demands that his kids are committed and so far they haven't been. The basketball team's numbers are down too and they cut a kid for committment issues. Kids don't choose soccer over football because they want to win, they choose it because they don't know any better. Soccer has been in PC for years and football hasn't.

The committment to winning by soccer and basketball line was crazy. The basketball team's committment to win was having a 6'4" forward, a 6'6" Center, a 6'2" swingman, and a 6'8" swingman, a shooter off the bench, and PG who would distribute. Talent is not equal to committment.

I really don't know where you picked up hatred. The issue is of concern, not hatred. In my opinion, as I have stated before, these young kids are committed and disciplined, but still very young. Along with the prior confusion for the past year, this is going to take a while.

IMO, there is a big difference between committment and teamwork. I never said that there isn't committment by these teams, just the teamwork lacks. Any player can be committed to their team, but for the "I" reason, not the "team" reason. The kids now a days have the temperment that "I" should be the star and do not support other teammates in a positive manner. I am not sure where to put the blame on that. I too myself as a parent question coaches decisions and have been a coach on the receiving end of not playing a child and the parent berating me.

I really don't know where you picked up hatred. The issue is of concern, not hatred. In my opinion, as I have stated before, these young kids are committed and disciplined, but still very young. Along with the prior confusion for the past year, this is going to take a while.

IMO, there is a big difference between committment and teamwork. I never said that there isn't committment by these teams, just the teamwork lacks. Any player can be committed to their team, but for the "I" reason, not the "team" reason. The kids now a days have the temperment that "I" should be the star and do not support other teammates in a positive manner. I am not sure where to put the blame on that. I too myself as a parent question coaches decisions and have been a coach on the receiving end of not playing a child and the parent berating me.

STAYGOLD is a hater. You seem to want to support T while maintaining loyalty to Carver. There is no need to badmouth either one, because T had nothing to do with Carver leaving. T told them to run on their off weeks and stay in shape. They came back out of shape. They had some kids work hard in the weight room and some not, I'm sure. T wants everyone to work hard. That is what he is trying to set the standard at. It happens everywhere. Every program has people who "slack" off. The great programs hold each other accountable for it and correct it.