Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

U.S. Open - Anyone watching?

Featured Replies

The scores are so average it makes for an interesting watch. Should be an exciting final two days.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize this is a big major tournament but the USGA has this course to where it’s almost unfair and unreasonable. When you hit a great shot within a few feet of a hole and it slowly trickles into a deep bunker, well that’s a little too much tricking up a course to make it harder. Good shots should be rewarded not penalized.

I’m all for watching these guys struggle. It makes them seem human. But this isn’t fun to watch. Like professor said, great shots should be rewarded. I’m all for it being extremely penal if you miss it slightly, but not this. I’d venture to say we could take the best 5 golfers in BGP and not one of us break 100 on this course today.

I could skip the tee shots and approach shots and lay my ball down 40 feet from the hole for a birdie putt on all 18 holes and couldn’t break 100, lol. Those greens are ridiculous.

What did Phil do? I was in ER and heard the announcers say he was on trouble for something he did.

What did Phil do? I was in ER and heard the announcers say he was on trouble for something he did.

 

Phil missed a putt, and rather than let run off the green, he ran it down and hit it back toward the hole while it was still moving. I’ll admit, I’ve done this before.....but I’m not a pro golfer playing in front of millions at this country’s biggest tournament.

 

Phil Mickelson given two-stroke penalty for putting ball before it stops moving | FOX Sports

This is stupid. I tried watching but this isn't golf...it's a joke.

What was the stat they posted there at the end...the final 5 pairings today were an aggregate 67 over par today? That's ridiculous. You've got 2 guys that started the day tied for 45th and are now in the final pairings? WTH?

This isn't the first time the USGA has screwed up at this venue.

This isn't the first time the USGA has screwed up at this venue.

The USGA is making this sort of course setup too frequent for the US Open. Most of the golfers aren’t making negative statements due to backlash but you can tell by their body language that they’re pretty disgusted.

The USGA is making this sort of course setup too frequent for the US Open. Most of the golfers aren’t making negative statements due to backlash but you can tell by their body language that they’re pretty disgusted.

 

Agree. Not sure what to expect tomorrow but I will be watching. I don't play but love to walk and follow my men when they play. Always enjoy watching golf with them on TV.

The USGA has admitted their error and will slow down the course for today’s final round.

I don't mind watching the pros struggle on the golf course. But the US Open, is often ridiculous. When the course is tricked up this much, and good shots turn into bad shots so regularly, it's not about how good your are, but how lucky you are.

I for one would like to go back to a traditional US Open Course like Merion. Merion is probably the shortest course on tour

What did Phil do? I was in ER and heard the announcers say he was on trouble for something he did.

Basically his putt was going to roll all the way off the green and he would have to chip back up and it would have been a very difficult chip so he decided to hit a moving ball and take the 2 stroke penalty that accompanies the act instead of having to hit the chip back up the hill. I don’t really have a problem with it but its definitely one of those spirit of the rules things that I personally don’t think Phil should have done.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.