U.S. Open - Anyone watching?

PP1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I we really complaining because a golf courses is too hard for the pros?

It’s not that it’s too hard it’s that it was next to impossible yesterday. There is a difference between tough and unfair. The course itself isn’t too hard, but they made the conditions unfair. When the greens get as dry and fast as they were yesterday it’s like putting on glass. When you putt on surfaces like that the ball doesn’t roll straight.

This crowd is louder than at most of the regular tour events. Some of the gallery sound like they’re at a pro wrestling match.

They have a lot of microphones placed in the crowd this year so it picks up a lot of that noise we don’t normally hear.

It’s not that it’s too hard it’s that it was next to impossible yesterday. There is a difference between tough and unfair. The course itself isn’t too hard, but they made the conditions unfair. When the greens get as dry and fast as they were yesterday it’s like putting on glass. When you putt on surfaces like that the ball doesn’t roll straight.

I guess we should just give every participant a trophy cause its too hard.

I guess we should just give every participant a trophy cause its too hard.

I don’t think you understand the difference between too hard and impossible. It was impossible yesterday. That’s not golf. Players shouldn’t walk off a green and say that ball rolled weird. If the ball doesn’t roll straight because the greens are too dried up and fast then you literally aren’t giving them a chance. I didn’t hear players saying they read a putt wrong or they didn’t stroke it well, they were walking off the green saying the ball isn’t rolling straight.

I don’t think you understand the difference between too hard and impossible. It was impossible yesterday. That’s not golf.

They were able to put the little ball in the little hole right? Seems it wasnt impossible, just hard. They are pros right? Im sorry they had to earn their money yesterday.