Kentucky All Star Team

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Indiana kids going to a D1 school have no issue reporting after the games. It’s a choice bottom line.

Correct, it's a choice....their choice so why should it matter to anyone else? We all have our reasons for doing or not doing certain things and they have theirs.

Guest 11th insider

Guys living in the past. It used to be a really big deal. It’s not anymore! My guess is that most that post on here have a young player in family that plays high school basketball or at least love a high school team! To us it was huge! To the kids of today the luster of it has faded. Times change. It’s not the kids fault. Stop tagging on them .

Guys living in the past. It used to be a really big deal. It’s not anymore! My guess is that most that post on here have a young player in family that plays high school basketball or at least love a high school team! To us it was huge! To the kids of today the luster of it has faded. Times change. It’s not the kids fault. Stop tagging on them .

I never played HS ball but never heard of these games until my son was invited.

We're simply in a different time now. These kids are playing so many games all year that an all-star game that no one goes to anymore isn't going to get some kids juiced. This was a really big deal in the 70s and 80s. It's not that game any longer.

I'm not going to give a kid who declines to participate a hard time. Congrats to those that made it and will have a blast.

Yeah well, I still stand by everything I have said and will continue to. Especially when folks are finally being real and just saying what we all knew anyways. The kids don’t want to play. You’re damn right I am living in the past because this game used to mean something to folks in this state. It used to be an honor to be on this team and represent the state of Kentucky against Indiana. Now it is just a waste of time to them and that’s on us adults who have made them feel that this is a waste of time for them. It’s just weird to me. That’s all. I hate to see a storied, traditional matchup come to an end but it appears we are headed that way. And that’s unfortunate. Oh well, life goes on. It is what it is.

Yeah well, I still stand by everything I have said and will continue to. Especially when folks are finally being real and just saying what we all knew anyways. The kids don’t want to play. You’re damn right I am living in the past because this game used to mean something to folks in this state. It used to be an honor to be on this team and represent the state of Kentucky against Indiana. Now it is just a waste of time to them and that’s on us adults who have made them feel that this is a waste of time for them. It’s just weird to me. That’s all. I hate to see a storied, traditional matchup come to an end but it appears we are headed that way. And that’s unfortunate. Oh well, life goes on. It is what it is.

I’m with you in wishing it was still a big deal. It’s not though. As you said, it is what it is. Things change.

From the attendance side of things, it looks like the general public isn't doing their part either. Where is the KY home game held? Bellarmine? Transy? If you want the kids to think this is a big time event, people need to show up big time.

Maybe its a chicken and egg type thing. Maybe if the best kids participate, then attendance will be better. But it looks like that's not going to happen so fans of high school basketball need to step up and show them the importance.

I'm afraid it's going to go the way of the Derby Festival game if it doesn't get better. The hosts can only absorb losses in revenue for so long.

From the attendance side of things, it looks like the general public isn't doing their part either. Where is the KY home game held? Bellarmine? Transy? If you want the kids to think this is a big time event, people need to show up big time.

Maybe its a chicken and egg type thing. Maybe if the best kids participate, then attendance will be better. But it looks like that's not going to happen so fans of high school basketball need to step up and show them the importance.

I'm afraid it's going to go the way of the Derby Festival game if it doesn't get better. The hosts can only absorb losses in revenue for so long.

Knights Hall at Bellarmine. June 8th. Girls tip at 6:00pm. Boys will follow afterwards.

Very well stated, my thoughts exactly.

What is KY's record vs. Indiana over the last 30 years? I feel confident it is not pretty. I doubt that KY has won 8 of the 60 games. High school basketball means more in Indiana than in Kentucky.

Basketball is religion in Indiana.