Kentucky All Star Team

There has to be more emphasis of the importance of this game. I also think that high school coaches can do a better job of promoting this event with their players. This can be done by educating their players of the importance and history of the KY-IN All Star Game. Many coaches make sure that their player/s get to where they need to be, even if that means the coach transporting them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be more emphasis of the importance of this game. I also think that high school coaches can do a better job of promoting this event with their players. This can be done by educating their players of the importance and history of the KY-IN All Star Game. Many coaches make sure that their player/s get to where they need to be, even if that means the coach transporting them.

Exactly what is the importance of this game?

We are supposed to be a basketball rich state with a lot of HS tradition. Coach Boo Brewer tweeted about his disappointment of kids not showing up. At lease have the accountability to give those needed notice. It is something about representing your state and your HS you graduate from. There have been many past alum of this game tweet about the importance of this game and what it meant to them. I hate for kids to miss out on an opportunity, that they may later look back and regret not participating. You only have one HS career and to be a kid.

We wonder why Indiana and Ohio continue to beat us in these all star games? Also note the number of D 1 scholarships that the kids from OH and IN are receiving who play in these all star games.

Just my opinion and perspective.

I suppose the CCH kids are upset Mr. Basketball didn't go to one of them. However, Im glad it didn't go to CJ. I like the kid and he's from a good family, but if you don't live in Kentucky you shouldn't win the award. JMO, and as I said I wish him the best.

On the other hand, AJ Mayer should've been MR. FOOTBALL. That was a crime.

I suppose the CCH kids are upset Mr. Basketball didn't go to one of them. However, Im glad it didn't go to CJ. I like the kid and he's from a good family, but if you don't live in Kentucky you shouldn't win the award. JMO, and as I said I wish him the best.

On the other hand, AJ Mayer should've been MR. FOOTBALL. That was a crime.

Welcome to BGP!

The players that get there are usually influenced by their high school coach. Most players that are at tryouts are usually accompanied by their coach. If coaches emphasize it enough and take the time to make sure they get there more players would participate. There is an issue with kids enrolling in D-1 schools. But how many does that effect in KY? Courier journal only had 88 ballots turned is for all state and the girls side only 36. A lot of coaches don't even join the KABC which has done a god job protecting and promoting HS basketball in the state. The KABC had to take this game over or it wouldn't even have happened. This indicates to me that you have too many coaches out there that are not promoting their kids or this game enough. Boo Brewer Called them out and should have.